Will Jagex reply on Monday?

indianishere

I was browsing Jagex forums when this caught my eye.

mod1mb.jpg

mod2a.jpg

If you look at the response in the first pic Mod Mark H says there might be a reply on the recent update on Monday.

But the second pic again states they did a thorough scan before making the update and the vid and pics are all fake.

Jagex has made a lot of people angry with this update , in my opinion a clear reply is what is due from jagex.

Whats your opinion.

dontspamxh3.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is I'm going to continue playing runescape and not worry about it. If armour and prices go up due to inflation I'll kill the monsters that drop the armour and make more money than I normally would have. I play for fun, I don't treat the rs economy and my gp like its real money on wall street so I don't worry about trivial things.

Low_C.png

Well i atleast hope they will provide with some news about the leak and an apology for it, because it was clear there were people gathering these boots a day before the update. As for the update itself, it was clearly done by someone with little knowledge about the game and executed poorly, but i can't really expect an apology for it as that'd be very un-jagex-like. None of the replys by jagex have said anything about the leak yet, so if they don't.....

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

While the obvious pics of 100k+ boots were fake, many people still had 2k-4k of them which adds up to quite a bit. And Jagex refuses to acknowledge this and covers up any evidence that disproves their false statistics. And also whether the claims of leaking may or may not be fake, it is still sad for Jagex to cover this up instead of providing some hard proof from someone besides Mod Mark, instead of just banning the people that are saying these things. This update has dissappointed me very much.

They don't seem to get that it was unfair to give some pople a lot of cash for nothing.

And they don't seem to get that when they try to defend their mistake by making up reasons and excuses that don't make much sense surely mean that they are dead wrong and that the reactions from the community are inevitable.

They spend so much energy on twisting and turning the situation and the subject they have an answer for everything but they actually miss the whole point.

The whole point is that they took care of climbing boots without actually thinking about the community, surely they might have checked if not a lot of people had those boots but still that's not a valid reason to change it the way they changed it.

And the way they approach and handle this problem they created isn't going well either, just another dent in Jagex's reputation that will probably in the end won't affect them in any way so i'm still wondering why the heck they come up with stupid excuses and reasons, they should just say it happened i know it wasn't smart nor fair of us to do but you can either live with it ro go cry over it and kill yourself.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

My opinion is I'm going to continue playing runescape and not worry about it. If armour and prices go up due to inflation I'll kill the monsters that drop the armour and make more money than I normally would have. I play for fun, I don't treat the rs economy and my gp like its real money on wall street so I don't worry about trivial things.

That was very well said, Lowc15. I feel the same way, exactly.

Same here. I really don't care about this update, since it doesn't affect me.

wl7w9j.png

Do I think they will reply?

Erm.. Does it matter? I mean.. I dont really care if they reply if its an empty arrogant response. I wouldnt mind an apology but it seems that jagex has once again taken a stubborn stance. Its going to just be the usual bland response that they dont budge and their decision is final. However wrong or not it may be.

I think instead of focusing on one point about people having very high numbers and avoiding the issue of widespread small amounts of boots over 50+ on over 50+ accounts would be a better approach than just screaming out FAKES FAKES. Especially when they have been proven to be wrong sometimes, make mistakes, (Who dont!) even lie, cover up, avoid etc etc. With all the good and honesty they have, they also have a completely opposite side to them that is dishonest. Seriously people dont mind mistakes half as much as not owning up to them.

Mostly it kinda insults my intelligence when I am told that 1,800 is a high number and playing the FAKE card and ignoring everything else. Not to mention he contradicts himself and his logic doesnt always make sense. It also insults peoples intelligence when its obvious to see that there were better ways to implement the update for the results they desired. They simply made a bad choice. Aka a mistake!

Na.. This is just something to record and keep moving along. Nothing can be done about it. They made a mistake and they wont own up to it. *shrugs* In the long term it just hurts the reputation more than anything.

-

For me when it comes to talking about runescape in a good or bad light it depends as a whole my experiences with the game. All I can see is it has had its ups and its downs and recently for a long long time it has been in the ups. Now its on the line right in the middle. Neither something to praise or to put down. Which is a shame tbh as it was nice feeling that they were once again respecting their customers and talking about them in a good light towards their customers. However now they are spreading the message thats its 'ok' to unfairly reward players millions of gp due to a mistake they made.

ALL he says to do for me is 'reply' admitting he made a mistake that there are more accounts than 50 and that infact many people unfairly got rewarded millions of gp with a few gaining billions. That he is sorry and its too late to reverse it. Mistakes happen and it was too late for a rollback!

Not this rubbish about not many people got millions and that somehow that makes it 'ok' and it should be expected. No one should of been rewarded anything unfairly and especially when it effects everyone due to the cash plus speculation going into the market.

-

Oh one more point! I am rich enough both ingame and in real life mod mark.. Not uber jealous of your senior rank in the company or other peoples gp ingame lol. :mrgreen: I repeat, I have got uber stats and enough cash to keep me happy, I dont mind I dont have your job! :rolleyes: I had a few pairs myself and its totally irrelevant as I talk in way to create a better community and connection between players and those who make it.

*Puts himself in the file cabinet labled "I wont listen to you because I am MOD MARK and do not make mistakes" Sublabed "I know that there will be those players who *want* to disbelieve that and that is up to them"*

Jagex has made people angry because those people (most of RuneScape) are not understanding of the situation. The amount of money entering the game was very very small, but people think it is huge, hence prices are rising.

If Jagex just pull out some statistics I think everyone will shut up. Yes some players benefited hugely, but thats really just a handful in comparison to all members of the game.

But it's always nice to have such drama in the community. :smile:

People are freaking out about these boots just as much as they did when pvp was changed forever. Seriously, I think some of you are overreacting. I'm not sure if it's envy because everyone has a friend who happened to store 200+ boots before the update, but whatever the case I think everyone needs to stop. Back when pure essence was introduced, even more people made money when their ess converted because rune essence was much more common to stockpile than climbing boots. I'm not saying more money was made (I have no evidence of that), but the extra cash was spread across a lot more of the community than these climbing boots. It seems like the panic is coming because everyone sees one or two guys who have a bunch of boots and assume it is likewise distributed across many rich players in runescape. Mod Emile already made a post with math to back everything up, showing that the amount of money introduced from the boots is about 1/10 of the money introduced daily from the game. People need to stop freaking out and stop extrapolating.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Although I was one of the lucky ones with a few hundred from a trade I did a while back, I still cant understand why they did this. Surely the sensible thing would to have been to change the stats of the current boots and then added the new boots with the str bonus and stupid price. But then again I cant see why they needed to change, the reason they were used was because they were cheaper alternative. Might as well just use rune now if any at all.

Back on topic; If they do comment on it, they wont change anything. The damage has already been done introduced at ton of cash and made them useless all in one update. :unsure:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Most of us aren't angry at the actual inflation, we just don't understand how Jagex can be so stupid and incompetent to do a thing like this.

+1

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Jagex made a post somewhere on the forums (i got linked, lost it), where they stated some statistics on how many people had boots. apparently 99% of all players had less than 50 boots or something like that.

either you got lucky, or you didn't. i know i've been thinking about what other items they could potentially change in similar ways. Can't really see a similar situation though, or jagex repeating this kind of incompetence.

Jagex made a post somewhere on the forums (i got linked, lost it), where they stated some statistics on how many people had boots. apparently 99% of all players had less than 50 boots or something like that.

either you got lucky, or you didn't. i know i've been thinking about what other items they could potentially change in similar ways. Can't really see a similar situation though, or jagex repeating this kind of incompetence.

How do we know they are not lying to cover their asses?

You don't. You never will.

But if you really distrust the mgmt. that much, I have to wonder why you would want to keep playing.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

The thing is, with millions of players, 1% is still a lot. :unsure:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

But if you really distrust the mgmt. that much, I have to wonder why you would want to keep playing.

I've temporarily quit until batch 2 is released.

This wouldn't be the first time Jagex has lied either. They lied straight to our face about corp's damage reduction, for no apparent reason.

It's not the point of how many people got a lot of money for no reason but that fact that people got money for no reason.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

I've temporarily quit until batch 2 is released.

This wouldn't be the first time Jagex has lied either. They lied straight to our face about corp's damage reduction, for no apparent reason.

ignorance of their own game isn't the same as intentionally lying.

1% of a million or any other number, apparently it all clocked out to be equivalent to every player fletching then alching for a total of 2 hours worth of gp or something.

If they're telling the truth about checking the number of climbing boots on each account beforehand, why did they ask for players' names to gather evidence and to decide wheter to rollback or not.

If they checked it before the update they would have known this after the update I think. :unsure:

I still want to know what happened to "Everyone has an equal chance of gaining exp/cash".

That gets another definition, just like RWT got another definition with the flagstaff. It's all peace and cookies if you make your own rules. :thumbsup:

Most of us aren't angry at the actual inflation, we just don't understand how Jagex can be so stupid and incompetent to do a thing like this.

Exactly.

The inflation won't be a problem at all. But those boots are not, and were never worth 75k. I mean, sure I've bought a hammer for 20k, or a chisel or something because out of sheer laziness. But that doesn't mean their street price is 20k.

Same thing with these god damn boots. I've bought them for 5k or 10k on my pure before. But NEVER for 75k, nor would i ever. Its just stupid. And the alch value is absolutely rediculous. 45k? [bleep]ing morons.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

You have to remember Jagex aren't really an experienced gaming company, they don't really think before acting and will rarely admit when they're wrong. Now that I've accepted their incompetence these kind of updates don't really surprise me, as in it's Jagex nature to make such poor decisions. You have to remember, an MMO isn't really a game, it's a second world. A lot of the time you're not playing for fun, but to enhance stats or get better items that will allow you to have fun later. So please, if you're really playing RS to game and have fun, don't take this update to heart as it shouldn't impact on your enjoyment, just your other worlds economy.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats