Will Jagex reply on Monday?

indianishere

ignorance of their own game isn't the same as intentionally lying.

1% of a million or any other number, apparently it all clocked out to be equivalent to every player fletching then alching for a total of 2 hours worth of gp or something.

Well if it was every active player in the game ...

10,000,000 x 768 x 1000 x 2 = 15,360,000,000,000

Which is a lot. Though if I remember correctly Mod Emilie was refering to the fact that the amount of money gained by people wasn't much, and equivalent to 2 hours of alching meaning that anybody who didn't have boots weren't left behind.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a player autos or "abuses" a bug, they get banned. When a developer messes up they don't get [cabbage]. Whoever responsible for this crap should apologize to Runescape community and get suspended.

I am on Jagex's side on this matter. Most of the images and videos of people with over a few thousand boots were all faked using a memory modifier. This was just a client side hack. The server keeps track of who has what and checks when you try to alch/sell/buy items and always resets your current supply.

When Mod Mark said the max account had a few thousand boots, he knows. Jagex can see who has what because of their database system. They can do something like: JagQry("Climbing Boots", sort:high) and it would bring a list of people having climbing boots and the amount they have.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

I am on Jagex's side on this matter. Most of the images and videos of people with over a few thousand boots were all faked using a memory modifier. This was just a client side hack. The server keeps track of who has what and checks when you try to alch/sell/buy items and always resets your current supply.

When Mod Mark said the max account had a few thousand boots, he knows. Jagex can see who has what because of their database system. They can do something like: JagQry("Climbing Boots", sort:high) and it would bring a list of people having climbing boots and the amount they have.

And again, what is stopping them from lying, or making such a stupid mistake in the first place? You are arguing that this update wasn't that bad, but you should agree that it does do at least SOME harm. And yet Jagex makes it anyway for no good reason.

When a player autos or "abuses" a bug, they get banned. When a developer messes up they don't get [cabbage]. Whoever responsible for this crap should apologize to Runescape community and get suspended.

Suspended? They aren't in middle school.

This really isn't as big a deal as some people are making it out to be. I wish people would stop taking the Runescape "economy" so seriously and just take it for what it is. It's just a game, relax.

Dumb update that provided way more entertainment on the forums than on the game.

I can't wait to read more excuses from Team Jagex.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I'm only really frustrated at all the things they could have done something equally enraging with but could have done more for the game.

And they blow it on climbing boots. Wasted opportunity.

8f14270694.jpg

I'm only really frustrated at all the things they could have done something equally enraging with but could have done more for the game.

And they blow it on climbing boots. Wasted opportunity.

Exactly...they could've just released dungeoneering and have been done with- oh wait, they did.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

That wasn't enraging everybody enraging. People actually liked it! And there weren't any requirements to like it aside from being a dashing adventurer.

Here it is only the people directly benefiting from it that liked it. Nobody actually cared about the price balancing and it was largely unnecessary. If it was to be done, it could have been handled better, and it would have just faded into the mists of time.

8f14270694.jpg

That wasn't enraging everybody enraging. People actually liked it! And there weren't any requirements to like it aside from being a dashing adventurer.

Here it is only the people directly benefiting from it that liked it. Nobody actually cared about the price balancing and it was largely unnecessary. If it was to be done, it could have been handled better, and it would have just faded into the mists of time.

Yeah, but he said "something equally enraging but actually does something for the game"

Dungeoneering does do something for the game - a lot of people enjoy it, but many of the flaws (e.g. the solo log-out bug) makes it a pain in the [wagon].

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

The thing is, most of the people ranting dont give a [bleep] that others made a few mill, they dont give a [bleep] about the inflation, people are mad because it was idiotic. Climbing boots are not and never were, worth 75k, its ridiculous. Also the fact that jagex is willing to ban players who only stated what they thought was the truth (whether or not it was is irrelevant), and state blatant lies to their player base in order to cover the fact that the update was potentially leaked, only adds to the anger.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I'm not really sure why they're always on their 'holier than thou' kick and not admitting to what they did wrong, but what they did solved nothing, and they seriously need to pull it together or risk rendering our faithful years of staying on their old ship pointless even after everybody else long abandoned it for greener pastures.

8f14270694.jpg

Personally, I had 8 pair. I still have 8 pair. I'm not hard enough up for coins that I would take the time to alch them.

Did I directly benefit? No. But if all the "pundits" are right, my bought-and-paid-for rares are making a sizable leap value. So I indirectly benefited. :-)

Plus, while all the screenshot faking, pink boot protesting & forum trolling was going on, I trained agility up 2 levels.

:arrow: The lost time spent in various virtual temper tantrums will have more of an effect on the "economy" than the boots.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

what i am aangry about is some people got a heads up on this and went and stocked up prior to the update and also that the boots are kept over things like d-boots and glories. makes no sense

ChosenZamrok.png

what i am aangry about is some people got a heads up on this and went and stocked up prior to the update and also that the boots are kept over things like d-boots and glories. makes no sense

Er...proof?

'Cause I'm pretty sure that was a rumor. People DID merch it though, in which they would've stockpiled massive quantities of the item.

hzvjpwS.gif

Jagex made a post somewhere on the forums (i got linked, lost it), where they stated some statistics on how many people had boots. apparently 99% of all players had less than 50 boots or something like that.

either you got lucky, or you didn't. i know i've been thinking about what other items they could potentially change in similar ways. Can't really see a similar situation though, or jagex repeating this kind of incompetence.

How do we know they are not lying to cover their asses?

You don't. You never will.

But if you really distrust the mgmt. that much, I have to wonder why you would want to keep playing.

Because Whether or not the Mngmtnt is lying doesn't change the fact that this update sucks.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

We're supposed to be a platinum fansite now, right? Why can't we have a J mod come here and explain. After all, they might be more tempted to do it here and receive at worst constructive criticism than in the RSOF and get mindless rants.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

We're supposed to be a platinum fansite now, right? Why can't we have a J mod come here and explain. After all, they might be more tempted to do it here and receive at worst constructive criticism than in the RSOF and get mindless rants.

Or the Platinum status really doesn't mean anything?

Well DUH, that's what some of us have been saying ever since the whole asinine idea of "rated" fansites came out.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Well DUH, that's what some of us have been saying ever since the whole asinine idea of "rated" fansites came out.

Sorry, forgot the sarcasm tags. #-o

Oh, right :D

I kinda figured you were being sarcastic, but you never know...

Stonewall337.png

Oh, right :D

I kinda figured you were being sarcastic, but you never know...

nudge-nudge-monty-python-105.jpg