Will Jagex reply on Monday?

indianishere

Ok, I'm really sick of this whole thing. So here are my thoughts on the matter.

1 - I'm not sure the update was necessary and I think things were fine before.

2 - The reasoning behind it which no one seems to grasp, and neither did I until I did a little price checking does make sense. Basically people used them for the cheap strength boost and I believe they're generally considered to be more useful than addy boots, but less so than rune, but were more widely used simply because they were far cheaper. Now for a pair of boots that the general public considers to be between addy and rune in it's usefulness to be basically dirt cheap doesn't make much sense. So looking at prices, addy boots run about 6k, and rune run about 106k. So putting their price somewhere between the two based on their usefulness does make sense.

3 - Everyone saying Jagex is lying to us should just shut the hell up. Let me make one thing clear. A business lying to its customers is called business fraud. If they were lying to use they would be committing a crime, and would quickly be OUT OF BUSINESS. Now you can think they're incompetent and out of touch all you want, but they're not stupid enough to lie to their customers and get themselves into legal trouble over some trivial little update like this.

4 - Stop acting like 8 year olds who didn't get your way. It's a game and 1/10th of the daily increase in global networth really is a tiny drop of water in a big bloody ocean. I know some of you think you're smarter and know more than Jagex and could do a better job. So start your own game company in a basement and turn it into a multimillion dollar business on the back of a single game, then you can run your mouth. The fact remains you don't have all the information so you have no room to run your mouths. Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get the hell over it you pathetic whining little crybabies.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex just hasn't learned the principle that "what isn't broke don't need no fixing"

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Jagex just hasn't learned the principle that "what isn't broke don't need no fixing"

Jagex philosophy: If its broken, fix it. If its not broken, Fix it. If Its REALLY broken, ignore it for 3 years THEN fix it.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

2 - The reasoning behind it which no one seems to grasp, and neither did I until I did a little price checking does make sense. Basically people used them for the cheap strength boost and I believe they're generally considered to be more useful than addy boots, but less so than rune, but were more widely used simply because they were far cheaper. Now for a pair of boots that the general public considers to be between addy and rune in it's usefulness to be basically dirt cheap doesn't make much sense. So looking at prices, addy boots run about 6k, and rune run about 106k. So putting their price somewhere between the two based on their usefulness does make sense.

3 - Everyone saying Jagex is lying to us should just shut the hell up. Let me make one thing clear. A business lying to its customers is called business fraud. If they were lying to use they would be committing a crime, and would quickly be OUT OF BUSINESS. Now you can think they're incompetent and out of touch all you want, but they're not stupid enough to lie to their customers and get themselves into legal trouble over some trivial little update like this.

4 - Stop acting like 8 year olds who didn't get your way. It's a game and 1/10th of the daily increase in global networth really is a tiny drop of water in a big bloody ocean. I know some of you think you're smarter and know more than Jagex and could do a better job. So start your own game company in a basement and turn it into a multimillion dollar business on the back of a single game, then you can run your mouth. The fact remains you don't have all the information so you have no room to run your mouths. Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get the hell over it you pathetic whining little crybabies.

So are you saying that the actual price people were paying before was wrong, and 75k should be the real price of it?

Well I guess we should all figure out the prices of every item based on usefullness instead of the price people are willing to pay for it. Gf rares.

Jagex philosophy: If its broken, fix it. If its not broken, Fix it. If Its REALLY broken, ignore it for 3 years THEN fix it.

Not quite, there is a lot of stuff they havn't fixed yet. As well, I would disagree that anything was wrong with the cheap climbers, since they were so easy to get, and offered so little advantage in PvP, if a person couldn't get a pair for whatever reason.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

So are you saying that the actual price people were paying before was wrong, and 75k should be the real price of it?

Well I guess we should all figure out the prices of every item based on usefullness instead of the price people are willing to pay for it. Gf rares.

I don't think they're worth 75k, in fact I think they're worth [cabbage] all because I've never used them. However a lot of people do and their price relative to their usefulness was horribly out of balance. Rares will always be out of balance because they're rares, but for such a common item to have such a distorted price doesn't make a lot of sense. I can understand the reasoning behind the update, even if i don't feel it was necessary. To be honest the boots have already dropped about 10k and i suspect they'll keep falling and eventually settle around their alch price. 45k really isn't too bad for boots between addy and rune in my opinion, though i think with the change they might have upgraded the defense stats on the boots a bit to make them worth their new price. To be honest if you can't come up with 45k in 10-15 minutes or less then you should probably just quit runescape.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I don't think they're worth 75k, in fact I think they're worth [cabbage] all because I've never used them. However a lot of people do and their price relative to their usefulness was horribly out of balance. Rares will always be out of balance because they're rares, but for such a common item to have such a distorted price doesn't make a lot of sense. I can understand the reasoning behind the update, even if i don't feel it was necessary. To be honest the boots have already dropped about 10k and i suspect they'll keep falling and eventually settle around their alch price. 45k really isn't too bad for boots between addy and rune in my opinion, though i think with the change they might have upgraded the defense stats on the boots a bit to make them worth their new price. To be honest if you can't come up with 45k in 10-15 minutes or less then you should probably just quit runescape.

You are wrong, end of story. They are, were, and will be worth under 10k, except in extreme cases. Hell, you don't even PK, how would you know?

Stonewall337.png

And by that logic legends capes are worth 60k. Considering they have a defense bonus that rivals obby or skill capes but only cost 1k.

Start stocking up because the logic says that you might become a millionaire when Jagex thinks logically like yourself.

Low_C.png

And by that logic legends capes are worth 60k. Considering they have a defense bonus that rivals obby or skill capes but only cost 1k.

Start stocking up because the logic says that you might become a millionaire when Jagex thinks logically like yourself.

I hope that sarcasm was directed at Jagex not me. The legends cape example is supposed to show how asinine this whole update is.

But if they update legends capes they will give low to mid level players a decent cape and if they give it a stat boost overhaul they will make that player base happy. That is their target player base. Jagex is in this for the money, not to make everyone happy. The person they want to get the money out of is the low level to mid level player which all these asinine updates are targeting. I understand their logic, I do not agree with it as I make up the minority player base but I see their point from the business stand point. I will quit runescapes sooner as they can only go so far with levels until they increase them to 120 as I foresee them doing. But if they target the low level to mid level player base they will make more money in the long term outlook. That is how I see this all.

Low_C.png

You are wrong, end of story. They are, were, and will be worth under 10k, except in extreme cases. Hell, you don't even PK, how would you know?

I'm sorry, did I at any point say I thought they were worth 45k? I said I find them completely useless in my playing style. Furthermore I said I think that they should have had their stats boosted to make them worth the 45k. Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking.

[hide]

[/hide]

By adding stats I meant making them have a prayer bonus or something to give an added incentive to increase their shop price on par with the other capes. I understand why people are frustrated but I also can see past this update as it doesn't really affect me one bit.

Low_C.png

'I want you all to stonewall it, let them plead the Fifth Amendment, cover-up, or anything else, if it'll save it, save the plan.'

- Richard Nixon (on the Watergate cover up)

I bet Mod MMG is sitting behind his desk saying the same thing.

The whole thing that annoys about this update (besides the sheer stupidity of it) is that Jagex doesn't just fess up about it. They messed up, they are only human, but using ridiculous logic, stupid statistics, and just avoiding the problem makes me mad. Some of the logic they use to defend the update is so ridiculous it makes me wonder, how stupid does Jagex think we are?

Thats my 2 cents.

Soldin_911.png

I just laugh nowadays. Ever since the Wildy update, I've stopped caring.

Its a comedy. What can you break next?

And above all Jagex again misses to see their mistake. No, they can't even reduce the high alch price because clearly a few billion GP can't affect the economy.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Well Monday has come and gone, and since no one posted an RSOF link, I'm guess Jagex didn't say anything.

Someone should start the "Tuesday" thread - we need more bifurcation.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

'I want you all to stonewall it, let them plead the Fifth Amendment, cover-up, or anything else, if it'll save it, save the plan.'

The whole thing that annoys about this update (besides the sheer stupidity of it) is that Jagex doesn't just fess up about it. They messed up, they are only human, but using ridiculous logic, stupid statistics, and just avoiding the problem makes me mad. Some of the logic they use to defend the update is so ridiculous it makes me wonder, how stupid does Jagex think we are?

Thats my 2 cents.

Did you really just compare Mod MMG to Nixon? Umm...

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Thats my 2 cents.

Did you really just compare Mod MMG to Nixon? Umm...

No, he compared Mark to Nixon's 'thought processes' or 'logic'. On this climbing boots update, I would agree with him too.

2vuhgcn.png