The Fish-cession

Wessan

Unless that noted update gets reverted, i dont see a rise immenent.

Unless F2p PVP gets some improvements or something like that. Or a sudden surge in popularity.

That or everyone else thinks "OMG FISH PROFIT", and everyone starts buying for max for some dodgy reason.

O.O

To be honest, unless there has been some price floor removed i can't really explain the sudden fall of swordies the last week.

It certainly cant be attributed to bots unless they all changed to swordies en mass. It cant be because of the fisherman either because that was over 2 months ago and the price of swordies had been stable until last week.

Lord_Beloved.png

To be honest, unless there has been some price floor removed i can't really explain the sudden fall of swordies the last week.

It certainly cant be attributed to bots unless they all changed to swordies en mass. It cant be because of the fisherman either because that was over 2 months ago and the price of swordies had been stable until last week.

If all the bots are fishing at karamja, and they see that fishing lobsters sucks now, what would be the easiest thing to do? Download a new script and go somewhere else, or simply change the options for your bot to fish swordfish?

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Lol @ everything being blamed on bots, it's not like bots weren't there before.

Perm bans used to be the punishment for botting, instead of the 2-week temp bans we have now. So yeah, things have changed.

Many high level players now run bot farms to have mule accounts to shift junk on.

Hm, this sounds very... fishy.

Nice one! :P

Fish arent the only thing with a huge crash-rate for the time. Astrals are being beaten up as well:

2eofhaw.png

My bet is someone had too much fish and decided to dump them all.

I don't see why fish are so expensive in the first place. Ever since summoning the demand for P2P fish should have dropped completely. Anybody with a bunyip can survive on just cake they've stolen from ardy and anybody with a Uni can go without food whatsoever.

Stellactic.gif

Summer deflation, i'll probably be right when i say the prices will start to drop in ~3 weeks and will retain a vlue just below their original value in ~5 weeks.

Sudden rise of climbing boots might have some influence on the outcome, deflated items might atually rise a little bit beyond their orignal value.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

the answer you looking for lies with me

jagex decided to nerf the brew + other food combo (usually monk fish)

so now you cant combo eat

and lots of people would do that low level pures i suspect used some of the food such as lobs salmon trout swordfish ect

that is why i think prices are crashing

OTMSigXD.png

the answer you looking for lies with me

jagex decided to nerf the brew + other food combo (usually monk fish)

so now you cant combo eat

and lots of people would do that low level pures i suspect used some of the food such as lobs salmon trout swordfish ect

that is why i think prices are crashing

they changed that back...

Lord_Beloved.png

People stoped mast....Nvm...Probably because overloads/brews are better

implying ovs/brew can be used everywhere

-Training, why waste money on o/b when you can use ext and food

-PVP overloads are banned l0l0l0l0l0l

I dont pvp and I dont eat on slayer tasks, do you?

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Raw Sharks:

sharksk.png

They've dropped almost 800 gp in the last two months and they haven't been this low since maybe 2006 or 2007

Rocktail:

rocktail.png

They've dropped 1K in the last month.

This isn't just random fluctuation, it's most likely bots that are driving the prices down. Not great to the fishers who fish for a living, but good for people looking to buy 99 cooking.

slayer_maik.png

99 Cooking - August 20th, 2010

99 Woodcutting - September 3rd, 2010

We will probably see a rise soon, as the demand will go up as more people enter the game.

bluetiger754.png

It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over.

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.

Crime does not pay ... as well as politics.

and........

I'm awesome.

From my experience this does usually happen in the mid summer due to increased supply and steady demand (more low levels playing, not that many more high levels using the materials). It'll be back up to normal by september, so I've stocked up 100M or so worth of materials to forget about until then.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Probably because Jagax is dumping raw fish onto the GE to take gold out of the game, maybe to take some of the cash from the climbing boot update out.

I'm sure its one of the reasons they implemented the GE the way that they did. And thats why they really dont care about inflation, because they can fix it.

Fools_Taco.png

Game Updates Dungeoneering Skill! 12-Apr-2010

The drop occured a week after Dungeoneering, which doesn't come as a coincidence to me. With people (especially higher levels) leveling dungeoneering (then getting to the bank, sell stuff they won't need, like food) they also stopped using food, the are the biggest users, all active members. With a large number of members just using less food, that cut in. Of course this effect was short-termed, but it had its effect.

Overloads became more common as they do every day. The herblore levels are a real goal nowadays. Same goes with Soulsplit on the prayer book. Every day these become more attainable, due to time/money, food becomes obsolete. This combined with the obvious Summoning --> If you have lots of gold, these are the things they are put in.

More gold due to inflation being rather harsh the last period of time, more people getting these things, less food being used.

Summer-effect of course, when raw materials are gathered due to people having more time. At September, these raw products will rise again. This occurs every summer.

The Brew + eat one, hardly should have had effect. Only a shock-effect for thematter, since it got changed back. Only affected sharks / cavefish / rocktail.

Oil Spill (duhhh)

The F2P change that allows easier access for bots. Also more people actively fishing now (especially in F2P), thus lower prices.

Fishy Fingers! The D&D that gave a nice burst to P2P fishing.

________________________________________________________________________________+

Add those up and you get these prices.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg