Wessan

The Fish-cession

Well prices rose due to inflation a tad. But heck, we have SGS / EE / Summoning thingies. PvP tends to be more around brews and less about food nowadays. Cheaper fishes get fished more (Tuna / lob / swordfish) due to F2P notable. Also monkfish / sharks are hardly used now cavefish / rocktail is more used. All overpriced for their use nowadays.

So ye, its dropping. Not that I mind, I usually last a month on 500 monkfish. No other fish / food required.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Unless that noted update gets reverted, i dont see a rise immenent.

Unless F2p PVP gets some improvements or something like that. Or a sudden surge in popularity.

That or everyone else thinks "OMG FISH PROFIT", and everyone starts buying for max for some dodgy reason.

O.O

Yeah, fish aren't going to recover anytime soon. Lobsters will keep dropping to about 140 gp or so I would guess.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

To be honest, unless there has been some price floor removed i can't really explain the sudden fall of swordies the last week.

It certainly cant be attributed to bots unless they all changed to swordies en mass. It cant be because of the fisherman either because that was over 2 months ago and the price of swordies had been stable until last week.

Lord_Beloved.png

To be honest, unless there has been some price floor removed i can't really explain the sudden fall of swordies the last week.

It certainly cant be attributed to bots unless they all changed to swordies en mass. It cant be because of the fisherman either because that was over 2 months ago and the price of swordies had been stable until last week.

If all the bots are fishing at karamja, and they see that fishing lobsters sucks now, what would be the easiest thing to do? Download a new script and go somewhere else, or simply change the options for your bot to fish swordfish?

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

As it was mentioned before, bots are to be faulted. Simple googling or even youtubing for such things can easily reveal the vast amount of bots and botters out there.

Profins.png

specty.png

Lol @ everything being blamed on bots, it's not like bots weren't there before.

Preau.png

Lol @ everything being blamed on bots, it's not like bots weren't there before.

Perm bans used to be the punishment for botting, instead of the 2-week temp bans we have now. So yeah, things have changed.

Many high level players now run bot farms to have mule accounts to shift junk on.

Hm, this sounds very... fishy.

Nice one! :P

Fish arent the only thing with a huge crash-rate for the time. Astrals are being beaten up as well:

2eofhaw.png

My bet is someone had too much fish and decided to dump them all.

Is due to the NPC "Stiles" being added. It allows people to note swordfish, tuna and lobsters that they fish from the Karamja fishing spots in a pretty short amount of time.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

I don't see why fish are so expensive in the first place. Ever since summoning the demand for P2P fish should have dropped completely. Anybody with a bunyip can survive on just cake they've stolen from ardy and anybody with a Uni can go without food whatsoever.

Stellactic.gif

Summer deflation, i'll probably be right when i say the prices will start to drop in ~3 weeks and will retain a vlue just below their original value in ~5 weeks.

Sudden rise of climbing boots might have some influence on the outcome, deflated items might atually rise a little bit beyond their orignal value.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

With a lot more free-to-play fishing bots due to the guy who notes fish at Karamaja, more swordfish and lobsters are being put into the market. After a crash there is always a rise so I will use that to my advantage.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

the answer you looking for lies with me

jagex decided to nerf the brew + other food combo (usually monk fish)

so now you cant combo eat

and lots of people would do that low level pures i suspect used some of the food such as lobs salmon trout swordfish ect

that is why i think prices are crashing

OTMSigXD.png

the answer you looking for lies with me

jagex decided to nerf the brew + other food combo (usually monk fish)

so now you cant combo eat

and lots of people would do that low level pures i suspect used some of the food such as lobs salmon trout swordfish ect

that is why i think prices are crashing

they changed that back...

Lord_Beloved.png

People stoped mast....Nvm...Probably because overloads/brews are better

implying ovs/brew can be used everywhere

-Training, why waste money on o/b when you can use ext and food

-PVP overloads are banned l0l0l0l0l0l

I dont pvp and I dont eat on slayer tasks, do you?

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Guess it is not the best time to get 99 fish... :mellow: O well I planned on keeping a big chunk of rocktails anyways

Opthsis.png

Raw Sharks:

sharksk.png

They've dropped almost 800 gp in the last two months and they haven't been this low since maybe 2006 or 2007

Rocktail:

rocktail.png

They've dropped 1K in the last month.

This isn't just random fluctuation, it's most likely bots that are driving the prices down. Not great to the fishers who fish for a living, but good for people looking to buy 99 cooking.

slayer_maik.png

99 Cooking - August 20th, 2010

99 Woodcutting - September 3rd, 2010

I think fish are only used in f2p these days.

Most members use Bunyips, and if they can get one, an Enchanced Excalibur.

I think the rocktail thing is natural - just look it was around the same price around 2 months ago or so.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Could be part of the summer effect.

Price of raw materials falls as more people are grinding away collecting them during the summer, while rarer items (godswords or rares for example) rise because more of a demand for them.

This SHOULD stop around september when all the kids are back at school and theres less people fishing.

or course i could just hop on the bandwagon and blame bots :rolleyes:

Summer holiday + bots --> more supply / same or less demand --> lower prices

The role bots play in this can be estimated if you compare the prices of fish to the prices of other raw materials.

Ares_Artemis.png

We will probably see a rise soon, as the demand will go up as more people enter the game.

bluetiger754.png

It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over.

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.

Crime does not pay ... as well as politics.

and........

I'm awesome.

We will probably see a rise soon, as the demand will go up as more people enter the game.

low level raw resources like fish,logs and ore (such as coal) go down in demand when a lot of people are playing, because lower level players typically gather these for income.

The problem with fish in particular is a drop in lobster and swordfish prices brings down the whole market. So it hurts the lowly f2p lobster catcher to the lvl 90 fisher dodging living rock monsters deep in the caverns.

From my experience this does usually happen in the mid summer due to increased supply and steady demand (more low levels playing, not that many more high levels using the materials). It'll be back up to normal by september, so I've stocked up 100M or so worth of materials to forget about until then.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant