Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

The Observer

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird.. I watched this like 10 minutes before you posted :lol: Voldemort's voice sounds noob tbh. It's not creepy enough for me :XD:

Looks intense.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I know it's a big book, and when I read it, it took a while to read, but whenever producers, authors, publishers, etc. decide to split something into two or more parts, it just screams to me that they're just trying to squeeze as much money out of it as possible before it goes down (the Eragon series gave me the same feeling).

I'm glad to see it's in two parts, hopefully at least they can spare the butchery of detail so prevalent in the previous films.

I don't have high hopes for it - the only director who really envisioned a good interpretation of the books was Chris Columbus, and the movies he directed were boring.

Still, I'll watch it.

EDIT: Damn Emma Watson is hot :D

And of course it's in 3d. I'll try to watch it in 2D for sure.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

At least now they dont have an excuse to cut out a lot of important information plus the amount of fighting scenes on the book, I'm hoping they adapt to this. (Like the Half-Blood Prince)

and of course:

[hide=Spoiler Alert]DUMBLEDORE DIES@@@@[/hide]

Popoto.~<3

There's nothing wrong with cutting out parts that would not translate well into movie format. The Harry Potter films have done a reasonably good job with the adaptations so far, with the exception of OotP. That movie was a travesty. I hate watching it. HBP, on the other hand, is my favorite of them all, so David Yates is 1 for 2. Hopefully he can pull the end off. Trailer looks promising.

p2gq.jpg

the epic music in that trailer combined with actors who are now 5 years+ too old for their roles makes this a general fantasy adventure movie however it's made. Not a school movie, like the harry potter series is.

The tie-in of old music at 2mins 15ish seconds was also TERRIBLE. I hope the workmanship in the actual movies is better at retaining some form of continuity than the lousy work put into the trailer.

Can they pull it off? Guys will be drooling over Emma Watson, and girls will be somewhat-drooling over Daniel Radcliffe, or their fantasy men in the potter-verse.

Will the movies be good? doubt it. worth watching for fans? definitely.

The fourth, fifth and sixth all made no sense if you hadn't read the books. It's one thing to leave out things that won't translate into a movie, but another to leave out major plot details to the point that the entire story is corrupted.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm glad to see it's in two parts, hopefully at least they can spare the butchery of detail so prevalent in the previous films.

I don't have high hopes for it - the only director who really envisioned a good interpretation of the books was Chris Columbus, and the movies he directed were boring.

Still, I'll watch it.

EDIT: Damn Emma Watson is hot :D

And of course it's in 3d. I'll try to watch it in 2D for sure.

I prefer Bonnie Wright myself, nothing like a good ginger, But miss watson is very very high on my current celebrity hottie list.

Looks fantastic. I'll go see it.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

At least now they dont have an excuse to cut out a lot of important information plus the amount of fighting scenes on the book, I'm hoping they adapt to this. (Like the Half-Blood Prince)

and of course:

[hide=Spoiler Alert]DUMBLEDORE DIES@@@@[/hide]

[hide=Spoiler Alert]DUMBLEDORE IS GAY@@@@[/hide]

Cool. Now I have some movies to see in the theatre.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Finally they decide to go with the splitting idea. Weren't they planning that with the fourth?

I don't think I'll go see it as I kinda gave up around the fifth book. I did read the sixth, but I rushed it and didn't understand it.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

man i should re-read all of these books again. sorcerer's stone came out in what like 1846?

OMG IT'S PHILOSOPHER'S STONE. ZOMG. :blink:

#rpgformod

man i should re-read all of these books again. sorcerer's stone came out in what like 1846?

OMG NOT IN AMERICA. ZOMG. :blink:

Just teasing :P

Finally they decide to go with the splitting idea. Weren't they planning that with the fourth?

I don't think I'll go see it as I kinda gave up around the fifth book. I did read the sixth, but I rushed it and didn't understand it.

I never heard about them doing it with the fourth movie. But maybe you're right :P They'd been planning to split the seventh movie for a while now (since the book came out I think). You should reread the sixth book. That's one of my favourites! :thumbsup: It's pretty awesome.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

well that should give you an idea in how long it's been :P

Ah. Hehe. You silly Americans called it that. Us Aussies stuck to the original name. I was just being a fool. :D

#rpgformod

My opinion of the series quickly degenerated from 3-5. OotP is such a failure - a real horrible failure. I, on principle, hate the movies since the books are far superior. But, I actually thought HBP was really well done. I think they managed to fit in what was needed (aside from making the whole vanishing cabinet plot really... drawn out and obvious).

I'm very excited for DH and even moreso that they're making it in parts. Anything that lets them pay more attention to the detail and stop raping the original books is good to me. I can't wait for it. It's very much a love-hate thing for me. I really enjoy seeing the books made into movies, but I REALLY hate what they do to the books in the process. STOP ADDING IN NEW CRAP FFS!!! :angry:

I am a die hard Harry Potter fan so... :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].