20m range-slay budget + weapon choice

Socrates

Hey all,

Just came back from my A2 exams which I've now finished :thumbsup:

I have 20m in my bank and a green mask which I would have thought will rise in the near-ish future, probably worth keeping hold of.

Therefore, to get some money back, i'm looking to range slay, only I currently have a 20m budget.

As it stands I have no armour so i'll be needing set ups for all tasks.

(I have accumilator, sw capes and a torso if that makes any difference)

Also, i'm 2 levels from using a +5 boost to get extreme range, would this be worth getting to decrease task times?

I'm assuming focus sight, but wondering what is good armour, archer's ring? What about the higher def tasks?

I'm assuming broad bolts for most tasks except knives/darts in Kuradel's dungeon, which metal types - at 99 slayer I don't mind using range pots, addy bolts or whatever.

Cheers in advance,

Ed

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

If you don't already have a piece of the Armadyl armor, you could get that. If you don't want to spend that much, black d'hide will do just fine.

Iron or steel knives/darts will probably be fine.

I would have thought a ~16m armour piece would take up too much of a budget?

Also are steel knives/darts "fine" or inefficient, I'm happy to use more expensive darts for increased efficiency.

Do we presume a cannon down the line too?

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

I would have thought a ~16m armour piece would take up too much of a budget?

Also are steel knives/darts "fine" or inefficient, I'm happy to use more expensive darts for increased efficiency.

Do we presume a cannon down the line too?

Cannon's are efficient for speeding up tasks, however they have a hefty operating budget that comes with it.

If you are using Kuradel then most of your tasks will not be cannonable anyways. The only tasks I can think of that she assigns that would be cannon worthy would be kalphites (I have those blocked), Ab-Spectres (After Smoking kills), and Dagganoths.

As per darts/knives, remember the metal type of dart is equal to one less of the knife class. So for example a steel dart is the same as an iron knife, and a rune dart is the same as an addy knife, ect...

That in mind, its not to hard to calculate the best bang for your buck using knifes/darts. I find steel darts to be the best option, as they are cheap because GWD bosses drop them en masse. They are easily buy-able and even slightly cheaper than their iron knife counterparts (with the same exact stats). Mithril darts are only 20gp more (at ~80 gp each) but you are paying 20 gp more for +3 ranged strength which is hardly worth it. The majority of your ranged damage will come your from your ranged level, and darts will add very little damage, slivers of LP at best. When it comes to darts, cheap is a better option than expensive.

Just to show a comparison, Steel darts at 99 range with no boosts is 119 damage while rune darts are 136 damage. Its definatly not worth paying 150gp more per dart for a mini +17 LP damage increase.

You can check the hits of other darts and their effectiveness if you wish using the tipit calc.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=max_ranged_hit_calc.htm

If you have it full void ranged already, I'd suggest using it if you have a Unicorn stallion to heal. Otherwise, Black d'hide will work just fine, but you may want to buy a Blessed spirit shield for tasks that involve tank ranging. It only costs a few million GP, and provides decent defence with no ranged attack penalty.

Another important item to have while tank ranging is an Enhanced excalibur. Obtained by completing Seers' Diary 3, it's about the only special attack weapon you'll need since it heals 200 lp every couple of minutes, as well as boosting your defence almost as high as a super defence potion.

Sorry if I'm repeating things you probably already know, but since you asked what to use, I'm telling you.

I hated training ranged to 99 with slayer, but if I did it I'm sure you can as well.

Sir_Ddude.gif