Behind the Scenes - July

Tim

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treasure Trails were getting long in the tooth. I may just drop that lvl-2 placeholder I keep in my bank. ;)

Any improvement to Dung is a good thing, but I'm reserving judgment until it actually rolls out the door.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

You may also be asked to fight a Guthix wizard while searching for the 150+ new rewards, many of which have been added to the existing trails in the game. Look out for dragon masks, 3rd Age prayer gear, holy ranger gear, treasure trail-specific familiars and animal staves to name just a few.

Those 3 sound completely awesome!

I always loved treasure trails, so this sounds epic to me. Also, this will give me plenty of incentive to do bork and the skeletal horror <3:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Jagex must enjoy screwing with their own economy :thumbup: :rolleyes:

I'm expecting some slight crashes in current treasure trail rewards.

It's still definitely worth it though.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Elite Treasure Trials + Rework - Sounds good. I just hope they dont make new 3rd age-rare items the merchants will hoard and in the end normal/non merchants players wont have a chance at getting them.

I bloody hope so too. Last we need is more items coming in, only to be horded by Manipulators or rich players. If im lucky I can buy Ranger boots if they crash, 15m is just overkill since It had zero reason to ever inflate that high. (or get 3rd Range, <3)

Popoto.~<3

Jagex must enjoy screwing with their own economy :thumbup: :rolleyes:

I'm expecting some slight crashes in current treasure trail rewards.

It's still definitely worth it though.

I never said it was a bad thing :]

Prices are bs atm.

I'm still quite worried about the near future implications of the climbing boots shenanigans. Perhaps it was a ploy to set up subsequent updates like this one, to generate enormous quantites of wealth then provide an incentive to help spread it through the wider player-base. Especially if treasure trail rewards are going to become much more common along with 150+ new rewards, geez.

This is absolutely awesome. I do hope however that the new TT rewards are in fact useful, and not expensive rare "okayish" equipment sets like 3rd Age. Hopefully the familiars will have some practical use, and not just a "hey I had the cash/luck to summon this thing."

I doubt they will have uses. The majority if not all TT items are good-looking items on par with things of the same level. But that isn't a bad thing as they add some flavour to the game.

Sounds like a great month.

I also wonder what the new monsters in the dungeoneering areas will drop. Frost leather?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Amazing... *droooools along :rolleyes:

Things that caught my eye are:

2. the frost dragon: what will it drop??

3. the treasure trail unique familiar..: what potential: just for looks or also some awesome abilities?

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Epic Win :thumbsup:

Always thought clue scrolls should be less numerous and more rewarding. About Time.

I too have a scroll placeholder in the bank. Time to dust it off and collect my 100 tuna, 1000gp and rune platelegs lol.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

I'm so torn, am I more excited for WOM questy times, or dungeoneering updates and resource dungeons, or the TT overhaul? Can't. Decide. Less excited that it's time to get in gear and level my con since the quest requirements are venturing a little too close to my actual level for comfort. XD Way to smooth things over Jagex; well, so far anyway, we'll see how the actual updates pan out. This could very well be a month of awesome.

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

I'd like to call attention to this:

3rd Age prayer gear, holy ranger gear

This will be full of win, specially for Waterfiends

If you can afford it yes. Don't expect it to be cheaper than current 3rd age, it will probably be even more.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Looks like an awesome month. Always liked the Wise Old Man quests. Hope the dungeoneering update has some good non combat stuff..

Elite TT rewards sound interesting, guessing the rewards will be crazy expensive though if they're as hard to get as third age.

I wonder what extra they will add to the look of dragons? The leap between the old dragons and the current ones was huge, but we haven't had much of a technology leap since then so I can't think what they might add. Maybe particles to the dragonfire but that is about it. Can't wait to see what they do.

zqXeV.jpg

I hope the frost dragon is a slayer monster ';...;' lol =D also, won't this drive up 3rd age prices even more? All these new rewards means 150 less chances of a 3rd age kite for example. Oh well I don't care :( well I do but... I can't afford it anyway lol. Suppose I better camp at abby demons and save up for some of the new TT items before they sky rocket when they come out.

2vuhgcn.png

Dionysius got burned?

Ouch an old man with a leaker can't be good he'll probably have to wear diapers (if he already doesn't)

All i can think of is that Dionysius wants to take revenge because many npc's double crossed him, npc's have mistaken his kidness for being a fool for the last time.

Maybe that blue party hat is actually a mindcontroller... maybe he is being controlled by demons, why else are there ashes in the picture where he finds 'his' blue phat?

I didn't see this last time (because it wasn't there last time?) a woman in Dionysius his POH, if you look closely you will probably notice it's not just a player like the guy in full dragon as the woman is wearing an ancient staff and she's in a room with female statues also holding ancient staffs.

I'm not looking forward for the new quest, i bet just like in the Lost series Jagex will come up with 20 new secrets and only clear up one secret about the wom.

Argh i spend too much time pondering about the WOM.

The dragon graphics will probably look awesome, i always thought dragons looked pretty kewl even back in the days when they were just sprites.

There's probanly a reason why they're reworking dragon graphics, the Majharrat is coming closer!

Odd they release new treasure trails, i've been thinking about this last week, my thoughts have been answered! Woooot (i is addicted to clue hunting).

I was hoping so very much to see new treasure trails in behind the scenes: july.

This is just... wonderfull!

And i was also expecting new dungeoneering activities anytime soon because right now dungeoneering is useless for anyone who doesn't trains combat.

Jagex, who said just two months ago they would not adress the issue where players loose their progress in single players dungeons when they disconnect is finally being adressed.

Alas, i already said it that very day in the same topic that Jagex will probably reconsider what they have written down very soon as not fixing this would just be very idiotic.

"So we’ve changed all of the existing trails to ensure that you’ll always get a unique, trail-specific reward every time you open the reward casket at the end!"

Too good to be true. No more bad rewards! :thumbsup:

130 new rewards

Perhaps you'll have 100% chance to receive atleast some firelighters every clue, the higher the clue the more you'll get.

No i don't think they'll do that, i actually think they will not change the droprate of the old rewards but make sure that you get atleast 1 of the new rewards each time.

Or they just might change the droprate after all and make everyrything common, with Jagex you never know -.-

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~