Behind the Scenes - July

Tim

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Holy Ranger gear? Don't we already have that?

We have blessed D'hide, AKA, Coloured black D'hide. If the new equipment stands true to it's name, then this equipment will have prayer bonus, a first to any class but melee (sizeable prayer bonus at least)

The updates sound great from the BTS, it looks pretty much all combat updates though and I don't want to train combat for a while. :( Lets hope they're as great as they sound when released.

I don't have any thoughts on the quest although I was like :shock: when the highest level requirement in the game will be only 77 magic, still no 80+.

I'm glad there are dungeoneering updates although it's a shame there won't be any new floors, bosses, in game items or rewards released for a while.

New rewards for treasure trails always excite me when released, I'm sure that the values will be HEAVILY degraded though (consiering the majority of my clues are junk :P), and maybe halloween masks because they sound very similar to the dragon masks which are going to be released. The higher level TTs will be an extra incentive for me to do Bork and Skele Horror though.

imagangster.png

Quest: Yippie!!!

Hidden Resource dungeons: W00t!

Class Ring Rewards: nice...

Construction skill in Dungeoneering: nice...

Single-player instances fix: I must be dreaming!

TT-rework: hopefully they also 'fix' the 0gp-rewards (aka, firelighters only)

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I really hope that some of those delicious sounding TT items are untradeable or common enough for the lay player.

Nothing makes me more sad than seeing awesome items used merely as a fiat currency for other/rarer items.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

My oh my. Every update sound great!! Can't wait for it :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Looks like I'll be back this summer <_< .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I wonder what extra they will add to the look of dragons? The leap between the old dragons and the current ones was huge, but we haven't had much of a technology leap since then so I can't think what they might add. Maybe particles to the dragonfire but that is about it. Can't wait to see what they do.

They'll probably update them to look more like the iron dragon in Daemonheim.

I don't care if Jagex is just releasing this stuff to make us happy over the climbing boot thing, because its working reallllyyyy well. Atleast for me.

I loovvvveeeeee doing clue scrolls I can't even do 2 tasks in a row without doing the clue from my previous task. Good news for me. :D:D

And dungeoneering..... I need to change my pants brb.... Yeah, solo dungeons are gonna win now.

I just hope they aren't pre releasing this stuff to make us happy resulting in epic bugs that means everyone can get 120 in all skills in 2 hours. :unsure:

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

elite level treasure trails AND dungeon outside dungeon

2m3lk7r.jpg

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Before I go on the official forums, I will now predict what people are complaining about.

- Treasure Trail everytime: IT"LL CRASH THE ECONOMY, MAKE ALL THE DROPS WORTHLESS

-Dungeoneering exclusives: LOL TRYING TO PROMOTE YOUR FAIL SKILL, GF JAGEX

-WoM: REQUIREMENTS ARE TOO HIGH/LOW, WHO DO YOU THINK PLAYS THIS GAME

Everything: COVERING UP YOUR CONSPIRACY FOR THE CLIMBING BOOTS? LOL EVERYTHING IS FAIL.

Let's see how well I do.

Because a picture says a thousand words, I'm gonna go ahead and sum this up with 3000 words - or 3 pictures.

NEW REWARD DUNGEONS!!!

[hide]w199l.jpg[/hide]

NEW QUEST WITH HIGH-END REQUIREMENTS!!!

[hide]2hnlwsm.jpg[/hide]

ELITE TREASURE TRAILS!!!!!

[hide]25hpcw7.jpg[/hide]

And yes, I do indeed like cats :thumbsup:

Oh and the climbing boots update?

[hide]1zb8h8y.jpg[/hide]

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

I'm looking forward to everything there... I better start doing some dungeoneering ;)

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

lets see

a unique reward after every treasure trail

there are ~60 unique rewards for lvl 1 treasure trails

~50 for lvl 2

~70 for lvl 3 ignoring third age

and there will of course, be a new "lvl 4" cluescroll

there are 150+ new rewards, so about 40 new rewards per level of scroll?

would that be enough new rewards to offset the effect of having a unique reward every scroll without affecting the expected drop rates of past items?

unless of course they made the drop rate of the new items is really high.

Naaxi.png

Yay for improved TT rewards. Now I hope they add a level 3 reward space in our POH treasure box :mrgreen:

edit_ i should work on my con <_<

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

lets see

a unique reward after every treasure trail

there are ~60 unique rewards for lvl 1 treasure trails

~50 for lvl 2

~70 for lvl 3 ignoring third age

and there will of course, be a new "lvl 4" cluescroll

there are 150+ new rewards, so about 40 new rewards per level of scroll?

would that be enough new rewards to offset the effect of having a unique reward every scroll without affecting the expected drop rates of past items?

unless of course they made the drop rate of the new items is really high.

There is the possiblity of not making all of the unique rewards equal in likelihood, especially the more expensive ones.