Celtic Knot Sliding Puzzles

Dire_Wolf

Honestly, I don't see the new puzzle as that complex. Just by looking at it, I believe I've figured out exactly how it works:

You move the runes in each path clockwise or counterclockwise by clicking on the colored arrows. When they match at the intersections, they will have a green outline. If they don't match, it will result in a red outline. Basically, the idea is to move all paths to where all intersections become green.

If two non-matching runes intersect, the rune that is on the overlapping path will be shown, and the rune on the underlying path will be hidden, in addition to the red outline.

I have a feeling it's not going to be that simple. :wink:

2czeqeh.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't see the new puzzle as that complex. Just by looking at it, I believe I've figured out exactly how it works:

You move the runes in each path clockwise or counterclockwise by clicking on the colored arrows. When they match at the intersections, they will have a green outline. If they don't match, it will result in a red outline. Basically, the idea is to move all paths to where all intersections become green.

If two non-matching runes intersect, the rune that is on the overlapping path will be shown, and the rune on the underlying path will be hidden, in addition to the red outline.

Have you seen the screenshot of it? It looks simple enough to me. =P Simple instructions, difficult puzzle. I was trying to solve it just from that picture. Lol #-o Since some of the runes were covered, I had a bit of trouble. Hehe. But at least I can say I tried. :thumbsup:

I'm glad I wasn't homeschooled. My parents would have stamped my forehead with "GRAD" and sent me off to college at the age of twelve.

Have you seen the screenshot of it? It looks simple enough to me. =P Simple instructions, difficult puzzle. I was trying to solve it just from that picture. Lol #-o Since some of the runes were covered, I had a bit of trouble. Hehe. But at least I can say I tried. :thumbsup:

It's obvious how it works but you make it sound a lot simpler then it will be. Since all three 'blocks' can be shifted, a ton of possibilities of rune combination are presented.

The only strategy I can think of at the moment is to simply guess and check until something matches up right which I have a feeling will take quite a while.

Might as well not debate on how hard (or not) this puzzle will be since it's coming out (hopefully) tomorrow.

2czeqeh.jpg

It might seem easy at first but the ''invert paths'' feature is what should make is difficult for most of people- you can't just get it done by moving the existing 3 rings, you have to invert the paths at some time, which could screw you over big time. Other than that, it seems as though getting the red and blue set at first, as they intersect at only 2 spots, would make sense, and then try to get the other 8 intersections done. Surely it will be harder than the current boxes, but nothing mindblowing.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Holy [Cabbage] What is that?! They should have put a rubix cube in there then I'd crack that open in a second :D

If they ever implement that in treasure trails i'ma save up enough money to buy an m-41 walker (da bulldog tank) than bust down Jagex hq demanding them to put in something different :D

I know there's a trick for solving it without making a mistake but i cba to find out, actually i'm too complicated to figure it out.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

So.... Clues most likely out in 2 more days..... Does anyone have any idea how to solve that monstrosity yet? I was thinking of possible things they may add as the level 4 clue puzzle, these came to mind:

Celtics Knot/Burr Puzzle (Did a bit of research on puzzles and came across Burr Puzzle on Wiki. Apparently the Chinese came up with this as well and it was popularized with the name Burr Puzzle because it resembled a seed burr.

Rubik's Cube (Assuming they can get past the 3d aspect of it and hope RS player can think in 3-D)

Sudoku (Already used in the rouge traders minigame for runes, but still would be fun to put in a clue)

RS based Crossword (Sounds cheesy but it could work)

Fold Puzzle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PuzzleFold.png) Very simple and could be put into rs pretty easily

Pyraminx (Similar the the Rubik's cube except it is pyramids instead of cubes)

Most of these I found on Wikipedia. Any of them can be put into RS (albeit with some kind of creativity) and could make a clue solver's day a living hell. Anyone have anything else in mind?

120dgl.jpg

So.... Clues most likely out in 2 more days..... Does anyone have any idea how to solve that monstrosity yet? I was thinking of possible things they may add as the level 4 clue puzzle, these came to mind:

Celtics Knot/Burr Puzzle (Did a bit of research on puzzles and came across Burr Puzzle on Wiki. Apparently the Chinese came up with this as well and it was popularized with the name Burr Puzzle because it resembled a seed burr.

Rubik's Cube (Assuming they can get past the 3d aspect of it and hope RS player can think in 3-D)

Sudoku (Already used in the rouge traders minigame for runes, but still would be fun to put in a clue)

RS based Crossword (Sounds cheesy but it could work)

Fold Puzzle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PuzzleFold.png) Very simple and could be put into rs pretty easily

Pyraminx (Similar the the Rubik's cube except it is pyramids instead of cubes)

Most of these I found on Wikipedia. Any of them can be put into RS (albeit with some kind of creativity) and could make a clue solver's day a living hell. Anyone have anything else in mind?

Pyraminx is actually very easy.