Fishing, Mining, and Killing In the Living Rock Caverns for Great Xp and Cash (NEW DHAROKING METHOD)

JohnTheCop

Wouldn't wear torso when you use guthans, the +4 str isn't that good and the lower defence makes you have to use guth spear more often which slows you down.

Guthans probably isn't good to use anyway if you actually want good xp rates :P

Also I don't think crush weapons help (I hit perfectly fine with whip) but I didn't kill them all that much so I might be wrong :P

Seems like you turned it into a pretty nice guide though, they're not hard monsters or something so once you have given people the idea of what and why they will figure out the rest themselves.

i am going to do some tests with torso and other plates as well i had thought of this but didnt have time yet,

also thank you for the info on the whip ill take that into account and see how that works out maybe put some side notes about it if it goes well.

guthans takes out banking time if u dont have 68sumn thats why its so useful. i think that keeps it about the same xp it may be a little less but nothing you cant fix with some super sets with the extra inventory space.

thanks for all the input on what you thought u were a great help and i just wanted to help some people find this spot and hopefull find a more efficent way then the one i am useing at the moment, i hope people find new ways and customize there way

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just realized i spelled a word in the name wrong :o can u find out which one it is?

It's better "Than" not "Then" :)

Nice guide, I'm going to go and check them out for you sometime and then post back with ideas. My current plan is trying void with bunyip and see how that turns out.

i just realized i spelled a word in the name wrong :o can u find out which one it is?

It's better "Than" not "Then" :)

Nice guide, I'm going to go and check them out for you sometime and then post back with ideas. My current plan is trying void with bunyip and see how that turns out.

You found it :D, if your planing on checking them out could you post your full setup for me inv and all and tell me how it works? aslo maybe your final loot?

thanks for noticeing the work i put in on it.

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

AZombies are crowded, but for a 5 min investment, at most, you can find a world with 1-2 people on it. That leaves you with enough zombies. Living Rock creatures have much higher defence. Perhaps it looks less with a crush weapon, but remember at Azombies you can use any weapon. Although each monster has higher HP, this does NOT mean they will give more Exp/H. Say monster A has 50 HP and monster B has 100. It will take twice as long to kill B, so it evens out. Granted these might make more money, it is not significant. It is more efficient to get levels faster and do endgame content. If you prayer or expensive food like sharks, I would say Azombies would at the very least provide equal profit.

Remember, unless you use a crush weapon you will get significantly less EXP. This means that, with the best Crush weapons, you can only train on Controlled or Strength.

while they are weak to crush weapons i have been informed by several people that a whip is more then sufficent, also because of the more hp less people and equal if not less defence as az's u get more time fighting instead of hopping of serching for a monster because the worlds crowded i have talked to people getting anywhere from 90k to 120k xp an hour which is exactly around where az's range for xp at higher levels the extra loot is just a bonus

Azombies are very crowded(the zombies themselves, not people). You won't need to ever go around finding them. I can't say the same for LRC. Even with a whip, know that Azombies still have lower defense. Also, I highly doubt you can get 120k Exp/h there. I'd like to see some proof of this. I find it hard to believe that these creatures can beat +20% accuracy and strength, Piety/Turmoil, and still make a significant profit and get the same exp.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Azombies are very crowded(the zombies themselves, not people). You won't need to ever go around finding them. I can't say the same for LRC. Even with a whip, know that Azombies still have lower defense. Also, I highly doubt you can get 120k Exp/h there. I'd like to see some proof of this. I find it hard to believe that these creatures can beat +20% accuracy and strength, Piety/Turmoil, and still make a significant profit and get the same exp.

you seem to forget that the people getting the 120k+ xp at az's are maxed potting and useing familiars for an extra xp boost the same concept can be used for these but the profit wont be as high, i went to zombies for quite some time back when they came out and for a while after and didnt recieve nearly what people said they were gettting until i realized that, people are too quick to judge without trying hence why u say things like "i doubt" instead of i have tested

Benjamin Franklin

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Ahh i tested whip it worked just as some of you told me.

thanks to d jay99 for bringing that to my attention!

Benjamin Franklin

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Whip out preforms SS. You really shouldn't bother with the prayer section, it's simply not worth doing, LRC don't hit hard. There's no point in mentioning Unicorns as Bunyips are sufficient and cost less to use. Rings should be berserker (i) > berserker > warrior (i) > onyx (i) > warrior. The screenshots of armour and inventory don't match your suggestions so I don't understand why they're there. Rune defender > obsidian shield. Why do you emphasise range defence when the strikers only range you if you step out of melee range? You failed to mention overloads and extreme potions, using prayer gear for offencive prayers (piety or turmoil) as well as using soul split flashing as a healing meathod. LRC actually give more xp per damage than regular monsters, IIRC it's 5.6 for patriarchs and 5.2 for strikers and protectors per 10 damage rather than the traditional 4 xp per 10.

quit

Whip out preforms SS. You really shouldn't bother with the prayer section, it's simply not worth doing, LRC don't hit hard. There's no point in mentioning Unicorns as Bunyips are sufficient and cost less to use. Rings should be berserker (i) > berserker > warrior (i) > onyx (i) > warrior. The screenshots of armour and inventory don't match your suggestions so I don't understand why they're there. Rune defender > obsidian shield. Why do you emphasise range defence when the strikers only range you if you step out of melee range? You failed to mention overloads and extreme potions, using prayer gear for offencive prayers (piety or turmoil) as well as using soul split flashing as a healing meathod. LRC actually give more xp per damage than regular monsters, IIRC it's 5.6 for patriarchs and 5.2 for strikers and protectors per 10 damage rather than the traditional 4 xp per 10.

that brings alot to my attention thank you for that

but some things are wrong

- because they are weak to crush ss out performs whip even with a rune defender

- obby shield > rune defender because you want to be able to stay there longer

-i agree bunyips are better but i see unicorns down their alot and they are a viable healing method

-i left the rings up to them because everyone prefers different things such as life or wealth or a tele ring.

-i didnt know that strikers only attacked with range when ur outside of melle thank you for that.

-i will work on including overloads/extremes and turmoil/piety/ soulsplit i havent had much time lately so when i get around to it.

- i wrote my guide on customizeing you own setup that works for you so i didnt nesisarily put in the best for everything in my picks because i dont use the best i use what i like useing as everyone should.

can you veryify for sure that they give more xp damage maybe an exert from jaqex? i would be happy to put some of these in there.

thanks you were very informitive for me

Benjamin Franklin

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Fix up your inventory, spelling, capitalization, interpunction and how about mentioning the best spot in the cavern to fight them.

Vids are schmexy too.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Fix up your inventory, spelling, capitalization, interpunction and how about mentioning the best spot in the cavern to fight them.

Vids are schmexy too.

good ideas ill get right on the best spot to fight them, im sorry about this but i cant do a vid as i dont have the equipment :(

Benjamin Franklin

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Best correction ever: BRING A PICKAXE and mine their courpses.

It adds up very fast, i can get 600k per trip (that's until i get bored) only in living minerals.

They also spawn faster if you mine them. I wouldn't recommend these if you can't mine them though.

EDIT: i also dh them a lot, they dont hit high at all.

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.

Read your guide through, there are alot of mistakes in it.

Bad grammar doesnt make it into the AoW!

You use alot of Requirments and melle (Its supposed to be Requirements and Melee)

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

these are great money if you mine them but i didnt write this guide on money i wrote it on xp :P

though you do make a good point that i need to include that somewhere, it does add up quickly

Benjamin Franklin

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

as for the grammer ill worry about it when my guide is finished as it isnt yet

Benjamin Franklin

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

In the tanking section:

Head: Neizzy > barrows helm > nothing

A Berserker helm or a Warrior helm would be better than nothing, and after that you might as well put any other helm because a Dragon med helm would be better than nothing too but it's not really worth putting it.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

yeah that probably true ill fix that quick

Benjamin Franklin

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

you seem to forget that the people getting the 120k+ xp at az's are maxed potting and useing familiars for an extra xp boost the same concept can be used for these but the profit wont be as high, i went to zombies for quite some time back when they came out and for a while after and didnt recieve nearly what people said they were gettting until i realized that, people are too quick to judge without trying hence why u say things like "i doubt" instead of i have tested

Thats not a valid argument...Thats like saying a Dragon dagger is better than a Bronze Scimitar, so daggers are better. You can't say "Well we are going to count the loss from pots/summons for Azombies, but it doesn't matter for Living Rock Caverns". Secondly, a super set will last you a good 10 min. A single dose of a prayer potion or shark lasts...maybe 30 seconds to1 min. Also, summons are not used for Azombies at the altar spot. Testing is good, but solid theory is better. If you know all the variables, it is better to simply state the facts rather then test for 20-30 hours to ensure the data is good enough. There is absolutely no proof of any sort why they would be better, hence nothing to test.

And stop posting sentences in different posts. There is a edit button for a reason.

Owned_Nex.png

I doubt it, I achive nearly 100% accuracy on task with a whip+rune defender+piety, also remove the gs pics entirely, godswords are terrible for training anywhere

- obby shield > rune defender because you want to be able to stay there longer]

they are extremely inaccurate, the defense does not justify the loss of +20 slash attack

-i agree bunyips are better but i see unicorns down their alot and they are a viable healing method

unicorns are massive overkill here, I dont bring food or EE here on slayer tasks and am always full hp

-i left the rings up to them because everyone prefers different things such as life or wealth or a tele ring.

that doesnt justify not showing it

-i didnt know that strikers only attacked with range when ur outside of melle thank you for that.

-i will work on including overloads/extremes and turmoil/piety/ soulsplit i havent had much time lately so when i get around to it.

- i wrote my guide on customizeing you own setup that works for you so i didnt nesisarily put in the best for everything in my picks because i dont use the best i use what i like useing as everyone should.

can you veryify for sure that they give more xp damage maybe an exert from jaqex? i would be happy to put some of these in there.

theres a thread with extensive research somewhere, it might be in general guides

on task I get up to 140k xp p/h here, they will not beat AZ's unless you piety and pay attention/cannon, but there still very good.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Thats not a valid argument...Thats like saying a Dragon dagger is better than a Bronze Scimitar, so daggers are better. You can't say "Well we are going to count the loss from pots/summons for Azombies, but it doesn't matter for Living Rock Caverns". Secondly, a super set will last you a good 10 min. A single dose of a prayer potion or shark lasts...maybe 30 seconds to1 min. Also, summons are not used for Azombies at the altar spot. Testing is good, but solid theory is better. If you know all the variables, it is better to simply state the facts rather then test for 20-30 hours to ensure the data is good enough. There is absolutely no proof of any sort why they would be better, hence nothing to test.

And stop posting sentences in different posts. There is a edit button for a reason.

you said data is more proof than testing thats bull testing it prooves something have numbers doesnt proove anything only that you can type on your key board, also i have now been informed that these do indeed give 5.2xp per 10 damage compared to the traditional 4 xp per 10 damage wich further suports me

Benjamin Franklin

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

I doubt it, I achive nearly 100% accuracy on task with a whip+rune defender+piety, also remove the gs pics entirely, godswords are terrible for training anywhere

- obby shield > rune defender because you want to be able to stay there longer]

they are extremely inaccurate, the defense does not justify the loss of +20 slash attack

unicorns are massive overkill here, I dont bring food or EE here on slayer tasks and am always full hp

that doesnt justify not showing it

theres a thread with extensive research somewhere, it might be in general guides

on task I get up to 140k xp p/h here, they will not beat AZ's unless you piety and pay attention/cannon, but there still very good.

i do need to more extensively include the whip into my guide for attack and defence training.

i wont take out the unicorn section because then people will wonder.

i will test the rune def/ obby shield debate we have going

the godswords will stay because i made this about customizing your own way not useing a strict plan to kill them and i used a gs here it works just fine

Benjamin Franklin

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

as you said earlier, this is a guide about maximizing xp per hour. Things like a godsword or an obby shield do not maximise xp per hour. Leave them in the guide but make sure to mention that defender+whip/sara sword are much better.

Also I would leave a mention of the unicorn, but make sure to say that with a reasonable defense level its massive overkill.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

as you said earlier, this is a guide about maximizing xp per hour. Things like a godsword or an obby shield do not maximise xp per hour. Leave them in the guide but make sure to mention that defender+whip/sara sword are much better.

Also I would leave a mention of the unicorn, but make sure to say that with a reasonable defense level its massive overkill.

thanks for the advice

Benjamin Franklin

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

you said data is more proof than testing thats bull testing it prooves something have numbers doesnt proove anything only that you can type on your key board, also i have now been informed that these do indeed give 5.2xp per 10 damage compared to the traditional 4 xp per 10 damage wich further suports me

According to (http://forum.tip.it/topic/262966-monster-experience/) only the patriarchs gives 5.2x. You cannot kill patriarchs for hours straight. For strikers and protectors, it is not significantly higher. Armoured Zombies c an easily get more than 10k exp/h more, offsetting this. The reason I say theory is sometimes better than testing is because if you have all of the variables, you can do this thing called USING YOUR BRAIN and figure things out rather then test for 20 hours and get the same results. Also, what basis do you have for LRC being better? There is nothing to test. You hit harder(Piety, Salve), more accurately(Piety, Salve), cheaper(Altar), and the profit is about the same depending on method.

Why not provide some evidence. All you do is claim everything I say is "bull."

Owned_Nex.png

revamped guide

Benjamin Franklin

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

strikers give .46 xp per life point and protecters give .45, if you average this to .455, this is a 13.75% increase over traditional (.4 xp) monsters. If you account for the fact that the salve does not guarantee 100% accuracy, it is probably around a 19% increase in DPS. So assuming 100,000 xp per hour with no boost, and equal time spent between monsters, you would receive 113,750 xp per hour at living rock creatures and 119,000 xp per hour at AZ's. So in order for LRC to beat AZs you'd have to spend 4.4% of the time (~2 minutes and 40 seconds per hour) at AZs waiting for spawns in order for LRC to be better, which is fairly reasonable at peak times.

DM0Yq2c.png