Tour De France

stevepole

I'm slightly surprised they disqualified him from the entire Tour. I could maybe have understood the stage, although I also take his his point that he was trying to stay upright, but I can't see the entire tour.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I think Mcewen explained it the best : if you headbutt people, you get disqualified. If you get in people's way like Renshaw did with Farrar, you get disqualified. Now, it turns out, if you do both you get banned.

And it's really tight between our two champions, Menchov was better than I exptected.

Huzzah Van Den Broeck still 5th

I really want to see Armstrong win a stage but he really hasn't been much of a factor this year.

Yesterday he gave the expression he was just saving energy, smiling to the camera when he had to let go of the rest. But I have the impression he just couldn't cut it today.

Pretty awful way to lose the yellow jersey for Andy Schleck, I feel bad for him. Pretty normal that he's mad too. But Andy didn't wait for Contador on the cobblestones (nor Armstrong for that matter). And if Contador would have waited, Menchov and Sanchez would've attacked.

RIP Fabio Casartelli.

Yeah that was a [cabbage]ty way to lose his yellow jersey. Contador nor Armstrong were wearing yellow on the cobblestones and the whole thing about it is that it is more of an unwritten rule in the sport.

I actually found a pretty good article on the subject: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704084004575377210132122650.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines

tFtfA.jpg

I'm inclined to believe Contador's explanation. I'll admit that I'm probably biased as a fan, but in the footage you can see him making the jump just before Andy broke down.And he was looking back alot but if that was because he feared Andy's return or because he didn't know what was going on precisely or even because he actually wanted to wait we don't know.

Blargh.

Good race today, had me on the edge of my seat cheering for Armstrong. Sadly he didn't get the win but performed very well today.

If you watch the video of Andy's chain popping off you see Alberto is well enough behind Schleck to be able to see him brake down.

But the two have forgiven each other now, thats most important. Contador also issued a explanation on youtube of yesterday's events.

tFtfA.jpg

Schlek seems like such a nice guy seeing him interviewed the day after chain-gate. Good stage yesterday, looks like Armstrong was giving it all to try and get something but unfortunately didn't come off.

Fantastic ride, both riders an absolute credit to the sport after today's stage. I thought Schlek deserved the stage win, it was a huge effort to keep that pace all the way up.

He did great in the TT today, it's a shame he didn't pull ahead in GC though. He's only 39 seconds behind Contador, the same amount of time he lost to Contador when his chain popped off if I'm not mistaken. Looking forward to watching them all ride into Paris tomorrow, and especially Lance riding in for his very last time.

tFtfA.jpg

He did great in the TT today, it's a shame he didn't pull ahead in GC though. He's only 39 seconds behind Contador, the same amount of time he lost to Contador when his chain popped off if I'm not mistaken. Looking forward to watching them all ride into Paris tomorrow, and especially Lance riding in for his very last time.

...again. :razz: Yeah Schlek did really well, I think he might get it next year. It's been a great Tour.

Cavendish is a beast, he dominated the sprint today. Lance looked pissed when he had to change his jersey and then he had to stop again to get his number pinned back on. Overall, it was a good tour, looking forward to watching the Schleck brothers do some work next year.

tFtfA.jpg

Good race this year. I missed a lot of it due to a family commitment, but I saw chunks here a there.

I feel like Lance really had it rough, although it was his own stupidity that brought him back for another year.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.