Levelcists

Sly_Wizard

You know who they are. The people who won't invite you to a dungeoneering party because you're, apparently, "too low leveled". The people who will take a level 130 with 1800 skill total and 40 dung over, say, someone who is level 120 with 2100 skill total and 80 dung. The people who, somehow, haven't figured out that combat level isn't indicative of what your stats really are (I had a level 129 refuse to invite me to a party because I was too low leveled. So I looked her up and, wouldn't you know it, the only stats she had higher then was attack and strength. And she had something like 1700 skill total, to boot). Yeah, those people. I hate them, because their ignorance is appalling.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know who they are. The people who won't invite you to a dungeoneering party because you're, apparently, "too low leveled". The people who will take a level 130 with 1800 skill total and 40 dung over, say, someone who is level 120 with 2100 skill total and 80 dung. The people who, somehow, haven't figured out that combat level isn't indicative of what your stats really are (I had a level 129 refuse to invite me to a party because I was too low leveled. So I looked her up and, wouldn't you know it, the only stats she had higher then was attack and strength. And she had something like 1700 skill total, to boot). Yeah, those people. I hate them, because their ignorance is appalling.

i agree with this sorta but coombat lvl is the only thing we have to go by sometimes...and sometimes i give low levells a chance by looking at thier dungeoneering lvl and then they complain "omg why we rushing" =p

anyway generally 130+ with low dg are worse in pty than 120-129 with high dg and low combat only doesnt matter if they are keying for me skills dont matter because im 99 all ;o......cept maybe herblore/farm because I dont like making pots

StarViv.png

Guest TrixStar

Too bad that combat stats are the only stats that matter in dungeoneering. So obviously I would rather go with 138s than with 90s.

uhh no

Too bad that combat stats are the only stats that matter in dungeoneering. So obviously I would rather go with 138s than with 90s.

uhh no

Uhh ya...it's not like you actually use skills very often to complete a dungeon.

uhh no

Uhh ya...it's not like you actually use skills very often to complete a dungeon.

you dont use skills that often?!?

are you using complexity 1 or something

or do you just rush through the thing and leave out all the extra rooms

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

It's true to an extent that combat is all that matters.

Monster levels are catered to the lowest level combat player in the team, but if they are too low leveled you face xp penalties. So 5 lvl 130+ > 4 130 and a 120

Skill doesnt factor in to picking a team simply because (other than bonus rooms) the skill challenges are worked out based on the skill levels of the team, they won't go higher than the highest lvl if they are necessary.

So regardless of skill levels you can do the dungeon, where as having a weaker combat person in a high level team might get you xp penalty, they could die more often making your job harder etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So regardless of skill levels you can do the dungeon, where as having a weaker combat person in a high level team might get you xp penalty, they could die more often making your job harder etc.

I Think that's a bit of a brash satement, fail to see how a 126 with 1 summoning is more likely to die than a 130 with 90+ summoning and lower attack/def/str/hp/prayer.

And Bladewing, what style of DG are you playing? Every other room basically has a door in it which requires a certain skill level to open.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

Yes I agree,we gotta go hate all those PC clans, all those SW clans, we must riot against skill world, everybody higher lvl'd then we are are just bots and no lifers.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

And Bladewing, what style of DG are you playing? Every other room basically has a door in it which requires a certain skill level to open.

In general, the level 138s will also have high stats. No sense taking a 100 with the same skills, but less combat ability.

Monster levels are catered to the lowest level combat player in the team, but if they are too low leveled you face xp penalties.

I'm not totally sure how the experience penalty thing works out, but I've played multiple 5:5 large dungeons with "The Best Cmb" (Level 3) and have yet to be hit with an experience penalty because of it.

You only get penalties for 5:1-4, if theres people in your party who's combat is significantly lower than yours.

Why don't you just start your own party then? Forget about joining those "130+" only parties and make one yourself. It's what I do, and I have no trouble leveling up. I went from 50-70 in under a week.

Staurolite.png

Monster levels are catered to the lowest level combat player in the team, but if they are too low leveled you face xp penalties.

I'm not totally sure how the experience penalty thing works out, but I've played multiple 5:5 large dungeons with "The Best Cmb" (Level 3) and have yet to be hit with an experience penalty because of it.

Yes but your dungeon takes longer to do. With 5 130+ they simply kill faster.

Most 130+ also have good skills.

+1 to bladewing's style of play

And to the OP if you want to dungeon then get the combat stat's needed - why do u want to keep ur combat artificially low anyhow

The thing with dung is that, the higher yoru combat level, the more useful you are. And trust me, as a pure i know how you feel.

Its a sad fact, and its kinda annoying that jagex doesnt balance it out better (by changing the monsters to suit levels, at least, more than they do now), but thats the way it is, and you cant blame people for only wanting higher levels.

O.O

I find it somewhat annoying too when I see it. Especially when the combat level they are asking for is exactly theirs (e.g. 126+ as a 126).

Combat does play a big part in dungeoneering though. More than I'd like :P Important skill levels for dungeoneering are pretty much assumed for high combat levels (generally correctly, though not always), such as the level for law crafting. Hopefully the ring upgrades will make dungeoneering more useful in...dungeoneering. That is, statistically, rather than experience hopefully translating into success. Although...none of the melee upgrades apply to the use of a spear so I'll just have to see how that pans out.

The problem is that skills are realistically only needed by a single person, all parts of it necessary to finish the dungeon are quick and therefore not a rate determining step, whereas combat takes a large amount of time and combat level affects the speed of this rate determining step. This is ameliorated by the fact that the levels are balanced according to the combat levels of the participants, but apparently, not enough.

And just to add to the question of why I want to keep my combat artificially low, I like not having to worry about revenants at all when abyss runecrafting. But I'm rambling now :3

sweepsig.png

I value dungeoneering value over combat level. Level 131s can sometimes be idiots at dungeoneering, but rarely will you find a level 138 with 80 dung that does not know how to play.

I've had a few fantastic team mates in the 110-125 combat range... but they're the minority. Often people in that range don't know how to do puzzles, beg us to smith them weapons, aren't helpful in combat, and just aren't as skilled. I don't care what your total is - although I do place more value on your dungeoneering level. I'd rather have a 120 with 90 dungeoneering than a 130 with 60.

Yes, there are a lot of idiots who are 130+ and have never done any combat outside of wherever they camped to get levels, but generally people who have played for longer are just better at runescape. I've even had a maxed total, ~90 dungeoneering team mate who was just really bad at runescape. (attacked rats while the rest of us piled shades, complained about not having enough food constantly, stayed at base and made full promethium while the rest of us cleared the dungeon...)

TL;DR: Most high levels are better. Not all. Unless low level person has high dungeoneering, I'm not taking a chance on them.

Its a sad fact, and its kinda annoying that jagex doesnt balance it out better (by changing the monsters to suit levels, at least, more than they do now)

Dungeoneering is meant to use all skills and bring them together into one piece of minigame. Pures have to deal with it - you made a choice to not be able to do things that require high defence, and the rest of us did, meaning we have access to much more than you do. You made a decision to be able to PK well and not do other things as well - the rest of us are able to PK decently and do everything else well also.

PM me for fitocracy invite

I've had a few fantastic team mates in the 110-125 combat range... but they're the minority. Often people in that range don't know how to do puzzles, beg us to smith them weapons, aren't helpful in combat, and just aren't as skilled. I don't care what your total is - although I do place more value on your dungeoneering level. I'd rather have a 120 with 90 dungeoneering than a 130 with 60.

Yes, there are a lot of idiots who are 130+ and have never done any combat outside of wherever they camped to get levels, but generally people who have played for longer are just better at runescape. I've even had a maxed total, ~90 dungeoneering team mate who was just really bad at runescape. (attacked rats while the rest of us piled shades, complained about not having enough food constantly, stayed at base and made full promethium while the rest of us cleared the dungeon...)

TL;DR: Most high levels are better. Not all. Unless low level person has high dungeoneering, I'm not taking a chance on them.

yeh i dont usually assume stuff based on peoples stats that much "oo yay we have 4 maxed people this pty" ...... ....... "oh....they dont do rushing" ....."meh"

though i do kinda agree with someone that said before around 80 you dont have as much expirience with larges

but then again it also depends on how many larges you diid a lvl 80 dungeoneer that has done larges ever since 55 is much better than a lvl 80 dungeoneer on thier first large that soloed.....

and people that dungeoneer for fun are better than "i hate this skill im just doing it for rapier" getting sick of people asking 'shuld i get rapier or long" id rather people just play dungeoneering for fun/totals =p

StarViv.png

To start off, people have the assumption that in Runescape, it's all about the levels and the melee skills.

Truth is, it's not. These days levels garner little or no respect from the community, and because training methods became so much easier, it's not hard to stereotype a lower level as someone who has barely touched the game.

This is becoming a big problem in Runescape and the communities supporting it. Sly Wizard I feel your pain because I see a lot of lowered leveled players getting bad treatment from higher leveled players who only care about the levels and the wealth. They really are ignorant, because they have been raised in an era where Jagex gives them free stuff, and therefore, they are spoiled and lack discipline.

I have been too busy with other things to really do Dungeoneering, thus why I am only level 1. Based on what I'm hearing, people still rate players there on their combat levels rather than their overall skills.

A general lack of respect I should say...

people still rate players there on their combat levels rather than their overall skills.

Thats because in a dungeon rush, combat levels are pretty much the only levels that matter, no one cares what you smithing level is, no one cares what your mining level is, no one cares what your crafting level is. People care what your combat level is.

As i said, its unfortunate, but its true.

Pures have to deal with it

I mean it should be balanced for low levels in general, not just pures, no need to talk down on pures though just because we have chosen to make our character a different way.

Ive long accepted that, as a pure, everything, is harder for me. That being said, this compounded among dungeoneerings already unforgiving approach towards low levels really just adds insult to injury.

Wait a second, didnt you make the "WAHHH IM A LOW LEVEL AND HIGH LEVELS STEAL MY SPOT!!!" thread? I don't see why your suddenly looking down on pures and low levels.

Dungeoneering is meant to use all skills and bring them together into one piece of minigame.

It may be designed like this, but it isnt, combat skills matter more than anything else.

O.O

What you are saying is nothing more than what thousands of others have said for YEARS. I've seen plenty of people with low combat stats but high overall skills. It's their decision on how they WANT to level.

If combat levels is all that ever mattered in Runescape from the very beginning, then cry me a river. The OP doesn't have all melee stats to 99, so is it right to just turn lower leveled combat players down just for wanting to participate in a party for Dungeoneering?

Pure leveled players don't care about the other stats. They made their character that way, that was their decision to fight in PvP worlds earning loot.

Jagex has SAID that Dungeoneering was made to use all your other skills to train it. Level 3s have trained it. So I don't get when people say that only higher levels (120s-130s) should train Dungeoneering.

Where did they ever say that COMBAT STATS mattered the most? You may complete dungeons faster sure, but not everyone does it that way.

The best way to train dungeoneering to get the most xp per hour relies heavily on melee stats and prayer, and relies little if at all on the non combat stats.

Therefore, it is right for a player to turn down a lower combat player in favor of a higher combat player, since it will give him more xp faster.