Levelcists

Sly_Wizard

Um, @first post...

You should expect to receive what you put in. A level 120 should be in a team with other level 120s so that all might equally contribute.

Dungeoneering isn't a good example for saying that high skills matter more than high combat, because high skills hardly matter at all there.

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a situation of all for one and one for all

If you believe in all for one, then help the 1 low level.

If you believe in one for all, then discriminate against players whos levels will not be an asset to you and the rest of your team.

Again, we see that when these two ideas collide the problems appear. If everybody just accepted it's everyone to himself, then we wouldn't have the trouble of all these altruists trying to screw up the system. This also works the other way around, of course. Now in Dungeoneering, by far the most common system is that of personal profit above all else. It seems to me that, if you want this friction between systems to disappear, you should join the majority. Not because it's better, but because it's less of a hassle and neither is, morally or otherwise, superior to the other. IMO.

Well yes, it is a skill. If it was a mini game i would agree with you. But this is like telling someone you cant buy D bones for prayer you have to do the slower method of collecting them all yourself.

Erm... I fail to see why that is. I'm telling someone to be an egoist. If it's best for you to sell bones, you sell them. If it's best to buy them, buy them.

Please note that I'm talking about reasonable egoism and altruism here. A good egoist realizes that it may be in his interests to help people (e.g. giving out food keeps people alive to kill the boss) whilst a good altruist realizes he needs to look after himself as well (e.g. asking for food when near dead benefits a party). So a sensible party of altruists and egoists can function pretty well, because once you're in a dungeon, what's best for a person is almost always best for the team. But at the formation stage, their ideas collide, as the egoist isn't willing to help the altruist [by accepting him as a party member] whilst the altruist would do, and expects, that. And that seems to be the OP's problem. Of course it's a bit blurrier in the real Gielinor (and on Earth) because the egoism/altruism division is a spectrum, not two polar opposites. Though the mechanics still hold I think.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

If people playing training the minigame activity skill are causing so much hate and discrimination, why not just find someone else to play it with?

Nobody trains dungeoneering so they can have freeloaders, and nobody trains dungeoneering so they're bored. Enjoy it, it's a good skill and it's getting new updates next week. (Next week is a good week, end of school, thorpe park trip, and a dungeoneering update.)

One of the best things i have seen you post

I thought it was a bit cliche, honestly. He's definitely on the right track, though.

And for god's sake, skills are almost completely irrelevant once you enter a dungeon. Every second you spend skilling is wasted.

I feel like this is a pretty reasonable rant.

I'm "only" 110 CB, but for the day or two I tried to get back into dungeoneering, it was near impossible to find a decent team. It either consisted of people who didn't know what they were doing or teams only looking for 120+ and at least 70 dg, which I only have 41 in right now.

I was powerless to do much at the time so right now I'm scouring the forums for a decent clan or team willing to take on members at my level. It seems like the age old catch-22; you can get a job without much experience and you can't get much experience without a job. Until I find a group willing to take me in, I'm going to have to nearly max out all of my CB skills and solo a lot of dungeons. It sucks, but it that's the way it is :unsure:

I don't mind soloing dungeons, but the one or two times I went with friends it was super fun. Can't argue with the xp either.

I don't mind soloing dungeons, but the one or two times I went with friends it was super fun

Then go with friends instead of trying to find a clan...?

I unfortunately don't have many friends, RL or not, who play RS. Those who do are on typically at weird times or might be doing something else like boss hunting. I only managed to team up with them on a few occasions out of pure luck and because they also had a few people wanting to dging.

Finding an actual clan committed to dging seems like the best way to assure that I'll find people willing to dg.

Make a clan then, Dungeoneering combat level 100-120, total level 1500-2000. Im sure some people (OP included) would thank you for making a mid level Dung clan

Perhaps I will then. The problem is I'm not sure how to run a clan and I don't know if I'll be able to find anyone to help me. I also don't have a ton of spare time.

Still though, starting up a clan for this bracket would definitely seem to cater to a lot of people's needs.

Too bad that combat stats are the only stats that matter in dungeoneering. So obviously I would rather go with 138s than with 90s.

uhh no

Uhh ya...it's not like you actually use skills very often to complete a dungeon.

you dont use skills that often?!?

are you using complexity 1 or something

or do you just rush through the thing and leave out all the extra rooms

In fact, most people do just that.

for the first 2 weeks that dung was out only time ive done it i soloed it all never teamed only onc or twice with friends, however that is pathetic if that happens and im sure it does your training dungeoneering so the higher dung the better the person for th job obv....

however beeing 134 cb and only 62 dung when i do start dung it might come in use if i team lol

tenebri.png

I don't mind soloing dungeons, but the one or two times I went with friends it was super fun

Then go with friends instead of trying to find a clan...?

I unfortunately don't have many friends, RL or not, who play RS. Those who do are on typically at weird times or might be doing something else like boss hunting. I only managed to team up with them on a few occasions out of pure luck and because they also had a few people wanting to dging.

Finding an actual clan committed to dging seems like the best way to assure that I'll find people willing to dg.

Make a clan then, Dungeoneering combat level 100-120, total level 1500-2000. Im sure some people (OP included) would thank you for making a mid level Dung clan

oh by the lord zamorak! oh god please!

im only 108 cb so i cant join any good clan, thus my dunge level is low (under 50) but i do know what im doing.

its just so anoying, all my friends are f2p or lowwer dunge then me, im too high a level to join any bad group of people (this may look like jiberish, but i cant handle stuffing up my prestige going with people who just finish a flor and dont have the level for the next one when i still got a bunch to go), im too low a level to join any good clan.

a lowwer-high level clan would simply own.

lol of topic?

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I am "levelcist" when I do Dung. I only go with 130+ because everytime I have joined lower leveled teams I always get ditchers and idiots who freak out after one death and leave. With the 130+ teams I have joined I haven't had that problem.

43fdsfsig.png

Warlord of Lethality, Member of Silent Ember