Do you care about your rank?

Leoo

I do, but that's because during Slayer I've gained a ton of Attack exp putting me in the top 100 for it, along with top 200 for slayer. I care for ranks now only because I got this far.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to keep my slayer rank under 5000.

The funny thing is that this process already started around lvl 85.

And at one point I looked at the levels of my friend. And the thought came to me that I could easily surpass some of them in rank if I would just level some of the non-combat skills. And I did.

So I guess i care.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

No.

I play RS for fun. Ranks and levels come as I play, my forum signature is the only source for my rank.

Every once in a while, I'll hover over my skills tab and see which skills are within...say 20k until the next level. I MIGHT decide to make the final spurt to level up, but mostly, I can't be bothered. I've had my slayer goal for ages now, still nowhere near it.

I guess goals and me are not the best combination....

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I used to be rank 130 in prayer but that's been and gone. Only skill I care about in terms of rank is attack, as i'm going for 200m exp in it and plan on getting there as fast as I can (without going mental) so pacing myself atm but yeah wanna get a nice rank in attack one day, top 70 would be nice.

2vuhgcn.png

I do aim for a good rank in skills I enjoy, that's what the hiscores are there for, to get a high score...

It's just like a Flash game with a hiscore system, if you're good at it, why not try get high on the scoreboard?

dzuz3d.jpg

I don't particularly care about ranks for individual skills. I'm satisfied with getting to 99.

I have found that overall rank has been somewhat motivating to keep training my non-99s.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Rank does have an affect on the way I play. Recently, I've made it my informal goal to work slowly up the overall ranks, just so I have a little pride in my account as better than others =P. My overall rank is 78kish, I want to slowly work my way to top 50k at least, and from there keep working to level my total and bring myself up. It's not a die-hard goal for me, just a way to keep me focused on using time somewhat productively.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

The only rank I care about really is overall. I'd like to be top 25k one day, if that ever happens.Also maybe one day I'll rank range as its my fav combat style, still.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

Lol i mainly don't worry about my ranks but of course I get into races and competitions with friends like most people, then it is about sheer amount of exp. ^^

When in doubt...eat watermelon ^^

As a fellow wanderer of the dark path of life, I will heal your aches and pains.

Nope. Rank bothers me not. It's interesting to be in the top 50000 or so rs players, but hardly meaningful to me. I play to explore new content (which I get lvls to be able to do), keep up with the storyline, quest (which I love), and now dung (which is like a little mini quest per instance). If I can do this with friends and have a chat then fine. Basically having put some effort into my acc I keep it on tickover.

Louis_Redux.png

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

I'll ocassionally get curious and look myself up on the highscores but that's about as far as my rank caring goes.

Same. Although I do like how my farming rank still goes down by a few ranks a week just from being addicted to herb runs.

2dvjurb.png

I don't check my ranks at all since I know they probably suck, but I assume I'm one of the richest players. I wish they had a hiscore for total wealth so I would actually know my ranking in that perspective.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

I don't check my ranks at all since I know they probably suck, but I assume I'm one of the richest players. I wish they had a hiscore for total wealth so I would actually know my ranking in that perspective.

Depends on what do you mean by "one of the richest". You wouldn't be on the front page (top22). And you wouldn't be in top100. Maybe top1k or something, it's pretty hard to guess. But the fact is that loads of merchanters and bosshunters have >2B. And then there is the skillers who use their billions on skills.

I personally haven't done merchanting or bosshunting a lot, but I still would have ~1B if I wouldn't have used all my money on skills plus if I didn't train the skills, I would have done something else, which possibly could have led to much more money.

Ontopic: I do care about the ranks. Especially after reaching 99 in a skill. I often do a bit overexp because it is a very easy way to gain some ranks. And of course overall ranking even though it kinda got ruined because of dungeoneering since those who like the skill and will train post-99 will gain easy overall rankings if their other skills are maxed.

A_Kekek.png

YES :^_^: B) :thumbup:

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

• 3 months later...