Slayer Points

theonly101

Actually, blocking the 5 slowest tasks IS inefficient because you have to include the human element. Slayer xp an hour isn't actually the only assessable feature to to describe a slayer task- there are likenesses and considerations of money and other things to take into consideration when deciding what is the most efficient for you to block or not. Like for instase, if you only like doing very few tasks it would make sense to block tasks that are given frequently and cancel those rare tasks you get, or if you want to make as much money as you can slaying(which can still be efficient) you'd base your block list upon that. I for instance, slay for effigies, so it made sense to reconsider my block list to kill the largest amount of higher level mosters i can because that rewards me with more of what i'm after. For a bit of information, the zarfots list you are talking about is completely outdated and the hirarchy would get messed around considerbly when you factor in overloads, rapier, curses, kurdal and so forth. The one thing you might also forget about slayer tasks is the amount you get- which is better, 240 greaters or 80 tzhaar? tzhaar are 1k slayer xp an hour faster.

Also i understand about you making points about slaying specifically for points, but really, as of the time the point system was introduced, i havn't heard of many people bothering to even think about that, since the points really aren't worth the loss of xp. It would only take around 3-5 days of normal kurdal slaying to get most of the stuff mentioned on this thread, and in that time, i doubt many people would even realise the tasks that would be efficient for the to block. Using points on runes loses money because(assuming you are higher level slayer) you'd make much more money doing full days of ice wyrms/abyssal demons while getting better than average slayer xp at the same time.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Actually, blocking the 5 slowest tasks IS inefficient because you have to include the human element. Slayer xp an hour isn't actually the only assessable feature to to describe a slayer task- there are likenesses and considerations of money and other things to take into consideration when deciding what is the most efficient for you to block or not.

Yes fine, the xp won't be the same for everyone, but the hierarchy will be. Just because you have 99 melees doesn't mean steel dragons will somehow become good xp. It's a slow task. For some people it might be 10k xp/hr, others maybe 4k, but it's still ranked as one of the slowest tasks. That's all the matters.

As far as money, power slaying profits anyway, so money really isn't a consideration. Besides, every method of powerslaying can easily be justified through efficiency, negating any money concerns. Those that can't for some people won't matter, because they'll thus affect every task. For example, you might not be rich enough to afford to Turmoil every task. But in that case, the xp for EVERY task will go down, meaning the hierarchy will remain the same. No net changes. On the other hand, you might not be "rich" enough to afford to cannon, but you can justify the use of the cannon through efficiency, so you should use it (unless you make under 400k an hour or something silly like that).

Like for instase, if you only like doing very few tasks it would make sense to block tasks that are given frequently and cancel those rare tasks you get, or if you want to make as much money as you can slaying(which can still be efficient) you'd base your block list upon that. I for instance, slay for effigies, so it made sense to reconsider my block list to kill the largest amount of higher level mosters i can because that rewards me with more of what i'm after.

Ok yes I agree, but we aren't hunting for effigies. We're talking about which rewards are best to purchase first. If you are going for rewards, you will be using the fast points method. In that case, getting the helm first isn't worth it. If you choose to be inefficient and not do that, then none of my advice applies to you.

For a bit of information, the zarfots list you are talking about is completely outdated and the hirarchy would get messed around considerbly when you factor in overloads, rapier, curses, kurdal and so forth. The one thing you might also forget about slayer tasks is the amount you get- which is better, 240 greaters or 80 tzhaar? tzhaar are 1k slayer xp an hour faster.

If you can overload every task, does it really matter? Yes there are new tasks and a few minor adjustments (for example, maging DKS as a task and the TzHaar tasks), but that's nothing you can solve with your own field testing. I was just using Zarfot's list as a general guide. If you look at it, it's clear that irons, steels, hellhounds, etc. are all terrible tasks. Overload however much you want (although I've never met someone who regularly used overloads for slayer; too expensive), it's not going to make them good tasks. So you simply look at the slowest ones, and block them. Then, of course, take some other stuff into consideration. For example, if you aren't good at doing Fight Caves, you might want to block Tzhaar (regular ones aren't good xp either, decent chance at drops, fine, but not good xp).

Also i understand about you making points about slaying specifically for points, but really, as of the time the point system was introduced, i havn't heard of many people bothering to even think about that, since the points really aren't worth the loss of xp. It would only take around 3-5 days of normal kurdal slaying to get most of the stuff mentioned on this thread, and in that time, i doubt many people would even realise the tasks that would be efficient for the to block.

I don't think you get it. Xp was never the issue here. The Slayer Point System rewards are. The only xp issue here is whether to buy the xp reward, and the obvious answer is no. I only used xp to justify the use of blocking 5 tasks first, since that furthered the goal of getting the best slayer point rewards, not the goal of getting the best xp.

Using points on runes loses money because(assuming you are higher level slayer) you'd make much more money doing full days of ice wyrms/abyssal demons while getting better than average slayer xp at the same time.

And if you already have the points? That's what I'm talking about here. I said that if you already had the 100 or whatever points to buy the Ability for Finishing Moves, it's not worth it, since by buying the ability, you are essentially paying 1m for it. I never said anything about slayer for points to get money by buying slayer dart runes.

I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring here and agree with Zaaps that the slayer ring should be a higher priority. Some of the things I use it for:

1. Buying broad bolt tips from Sumona

2. Penguins

3. Abby specs

4. Fastest access to Puro Puro for hunting implings

5. Substitute for house teleports

6. Temple Trekking (makes it MUCH faster)

7. Camping cockatrices for a trophy head (although that's probably just me)

Slayer Helm is only really important for specs and dusties (and DKs if you do them). Everywhere else, it's just a little extra defense.

Just keep in mind that when buying the ability to make a full slayer helm you'll also need to buy a black mask (which is only good for melee) and a hexcrest (which is only good for maging) just to get the maximum bonus out of your focus sight which has already been pointed out it's only good on spectres, banshees and dust devils.

Though these are wonderfull tasks so you shouldn't skip them.

So when you are planning to get the full slayer helm be ready to invest another 3M (1M hexrest, 2M black mask)

People might be right when they say you should not buy the helm first but it all depends on what tasks you get, some people seem to get the same tasks over and over again, i for one get dark beasts every other task, that's 50% of the time while the other 20 possible tasks she can give is devided up into the other 50%

I very very very rarely get dust devils and spectres.

So if you never get dust devils than it's not that much of a loss to just go kill them with a facemask on but if you get dust devils or spectres or banshees 50% of the time you might want to invest in a slayer helm first, that is atleast if you are planning on continue to slay after you've reached 99 ranged with either magic and/or melee.

No use just to spend the points on something you will only use for one level.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~