Monster limit

ghjkl

while some people may need money or supplies, there are ways of getting through a dungeon very fast while having a lot of cash lefft over. if you have sagittarian arrows bound you'll almost never need extra food, for instance.

i think we're getting off-topic.

fishing.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

failfloor.png

Monster limit is guaranteed on large floors tbh.

My god... look where that light blue guy is! It must take 3 minutes just to run from the base to there!

imagine having no map in there

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

If you just kill the monsters not in a DE (which you should do anyways, for food, charms, etc.), then you wouldn't have this problem?

there is nothing inherent to dungeoneering that makes this true. it's simply a standard that people like you have put in place. the fact is, it's not always beneficial to kill all the monsters, so we shouldn't be forced to.

fishing.gif

If you just kill the monsters not in a DE (which you should do anyways, for food, charms, etc.), then you wouldn't have this problem?

there is nothing inherent to dungeoneering that makes this true. it's simply a standard that people like you have put in place. the fact is, it's not always beneficial to kill all the monsters, so we shouldn't be forced to.

It's not beneficial to have to wait for herbs to grow, but we're forced to do it anyway too :mellow:

PM me for fitocracy invite

How can you leave behind 255 monsters???

What is that -15% penalty?

Lol @ that strategy.

Hey, lets finish the dungeon 20% faster and die a bunch of times by hurrying to not kill anything and then suck on a 25%+ drop in xp.

Time Nazis and their holy efficiency card... load of crap.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Are you telling me you just rush through dungeons without killing anything? Leave rooms full of mages + shades + rangers just to run through everytime? You can't gatestone anywhere you like, because you'd have to go there and drop a gs there first, so I don't get how you're doing it. Do you die at all during your raids?

If you know there's a 255 monster limit, then why DON"T you kill any? That's like asking to get screwed over.

Staurolite.png

It's not beneficial to have to wait for herbs to grow, but we're forced to do it anyway too :mellow:

if you wanted to draw a comparison between killing monsters and growing herbs, it'd go something like this:

it's not always beneficial to farm herbs, so we shouldn't be forced to

Are you telling me you just rush through dungeons without killing anything? Leave rooms full of mages + shades + rangers just to run through everytime? You can't gatestone anywhere you like, because you'd have to go there and drop a gs there first, so I don't get how you're doing it. Do you die at all during your raids?

If you know there's a 255 monster limit, then why DON"T you kill any? That's like asking to get screwed over.

it is often the case that the keyer can open several rooms while the rest of the group is doing something else, or has broken out of group form. especially if the boss has already been found, that one person can run through rooms full of monsters, opening doors that are known to lead to nothing of particular interest except perhaps new keys.

i never said that i leave entire dungeons full of creatures, but you would be surprised at how easily you can hit the monster limit, especially given that barrels, statues and mimes count as NPCS

I'd like to remind people of the goal of dungeoneering. as stated in the knowledge base:

The most important thing to note is the aim of dungeoneering. Your aim is to get to the final room of each dungeon, where the boss awaits, so you can defeat it and gain a batch of Dungeoneering XP.

if you can get to the boss room and have sufficient supplies to kill it, why should you have to waste your time killing irrelevant monsters, wasting food and prayer, just because of an arbitrary limitation in the game engine?

fishing.gif

Stuff like this makes me laugh. How about Jagex just hands you the Dungeoneering XP for free? Having to go down in those dungeons at all is pretty inefficient, right? Why should you be forced to? It's not like Jagex runs this game and is free to set the perimeters of the skill any which way they feel like.

Does Jagex say you have to complete every room? No. But they say you can't have more than 255 NPCs at one time. That's their ruling. That's the skill. If you can't work within that limit, then you aren't very good at the skill as Jagex has set it up. Jagex has decided themselves that as such, rushing a dungeon wherein you would end up with more than the maximum NPCs is not the "right" way to play. If it were, no such limit would exist. Trying to arguing that rushing is right even if the mechanics of the skill make it very difficult is, well... stupid. Get used to it, or level another skill instead.

tl;dr: There's nothing wrong with the skill, you just suck at it.

Remember the u glitch for when saying it would cause someone to dc? You must have sucked at runescape if you couldn't deal with it. They might aswell never havee had that glitch in the first place so people wouldn't whine about it. Trying to argue that having any chat on when that glitch existed or trying to argue that we need the way to communicate when it existed was simply stupid. You obviously sucked at rs if you want to talk to people without getting dced.

Jagex didn't put it in on porpuse, they denied the fact that it exists. It is a programming gltich. You cannot say that jagex never intended for

dungeons not to be rushed. If they did, they would force us to skill or make us kill every monster, instead of failing to program correctly and make this bug. Btw 255 is the max int you can store in a byte.

Tldr; the right way to play is to get to the point where you can press end dungeon, this bug was not intended or it would be in kb or something.

Stuff like this makes me laugh. How about Jagex just hands you the Dungeoneering XP for free? Having to go down in those dungeons at all is pretty inefficient, right? Why should you be forced to? It's not like Jagex runs this game and is free to set the perimeters of the skill any which way they feel like.

Does Jagex say you have to complete every room? No. But they say you can't have more than 255 NPCs at one time. That's their ruling. That's the skill. If you can't work within that limit, then you aren't very good at the skill as Jagex has set it up. Jagex has decided themselves that as such, rushing a dungeon wherein you would end up with more than the maximum NPCs is not the "right" way to play. If it were, no such limit would exist. Trying to arguing that rushing is right even if the mechanics of the skill make it very difficult is, well... stupid. Get used to it, or level another skill instead.

tl;dr: There's nothing wrong with the skill, you just suck at it.

there is nothing in game or in the knowledge base that discusses this limit. if it were said somewhere, that the powers of daemonheim will only allow 255 npcs to be displayed at once, i would call that stupid, but would accept it.

also, i never said there was anything wrong with the skill. i'm claiming there is a flaw in the implementation of it, in the game engine.

as for this being a decision of jagex. oh please.... they might explain it away as that, but in reality, this most likely came about because a programmer thought that, for the purposes of dungeoneering, 2^8 was good enough as infinity

edit: i'm at dks so this reply may be redundant with the above, sorry

fishing.gif

Dungeoneering is no skill as the others in the first place... This more of a boring minigame if u ask me...

Except u don't get nice items, unless u do it for an insane amount of time.

And why is this not a skill? Because it's not meant to solo. If you solo it gives you way less XP and it takes way longer.

All the other skills are solo based and give u all the profit and xp you work for. Dungeoneering is just insanely boring and gives you no advantage at all if u do it alot... SAD

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Dungeoneering is no skill as the others in the first place... This more of a boring minigame if u ask me...

Except u don't get nice items, unless u do it for an insane amount of time.

And why is this not a skill? Because it's not meant to solo. If you solo it gives you way less XP and it takes way longer.

All the other skills are solo based and give u all the profit and xp you work for. Dungeoneering is just insanely boring and gives you no advantage at all if u do it alot... SAD

1. First nice item that you get costs only 2k tokens. And that is gem bag

2. Yes, you receive much less xp on solo than in 5:5 large dungeons, but you can complete them much faster. This means you can get nice amount of xp in the time you would complete large 5:5. large dungeons still get more thought.

3. So the rewards are just for the show and not advantageous?

I understand why you hate skill, but you cant say it is totally useless, when it has its uses. Unless you dont do anything which the items give you the advantage, you are wrong. And it is not even complete yet, so there is more to come.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Dungeoneering is just insanely boring

Complete and utter opinion.

gives you no advantage at all if u do it alot

Yeah, the best melee training weapon in the game, piece of crap, no advantage at all.

Unlimited waters in the shield slot, totally useless, immunity from poison in shield slot, complete crap lol no one cares about being poisoned!1!!!!111!!!!!

Healing at FIVE times normal rate..... meh, no advantage ---- a permanent seed returning effect, which could possibly return any seed, even with a dead patch.... no advantage.

Come on, at least research it if you're going to insult it.

PM me for fitocracy invite

2,147,483,647 (or 231-1) is the highest number that it is possible to store in a 32-bit signed integer in the Java programming language. This is the maximum number of coins it is possible to stack. It also means that 28-1 (or 255) is the maximum number of NPCs that can be displayed at any one given time. Don't hate Jagex, it's not their fault.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

2,147,483,647 (or 231-1) is the highest number that it is possible to store in a 32-bit signed integer in the Java programming language. This is the maximum number of coins it is possible to stack. It also means that 28-1 (or 255) is the maximum number of NPCs that can be displayed at any one given time. Don't hate Jagex, it's not their fault.

255 used to be the hitpoints limit, but it's not anymore.

fishing.gif

255 used to be the hitpoints limit, but it's not anymore.

it still technically is, they just multiplied the display by a factor of ten.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

it is often the case that the keyer can open several rooms while the rest of the group is doing something else, or has broken out of group form. especially if the boss has already been found, that one person can run through rooms full of monsters, opening doors that are known to lead to nothing of particular interest except perhaps new keys.

i never said that i leave entire dungeons full of creatures, but you would be surprised at how easily you can hit the monster limit, especially given that barrels, statues and mimes count as NPCS

Yeah, I know that's the case, but what do the rest of you guys do when the keyer is opening the doors? Don't you clear rooms so he has an easier time to run back and forth? If you intend on leaving 254 monsters alive, doesn't that give you a pretty big level mod penalty? I don't know because I never left 254 monsters alive in a dungeon before.

Staurolite.png

I'd like to remind people of the goal of dungeoneering. as stated in the knowledge base:

The most important thing to note is the aim of dungeoneering. Your aim is to get to the final room of each dungeon, where the boss awaits, so you can defeat it and gain a batch of Dungeoneering XP.

if you can get to the boss room and have sufficient supplies to kill it, why should you have to waste your time killing irrelevant monsters, wasting food and prayer, just because of an arbitrary limitation in the game engine?

Aim of Getting to the boss room =/= Point of dungeons is to get to the Boss room as fast as possible.

If Jagex only wanted you to "get to the boss room and have sufficient supplies to kill it" then there wouldn't be 30+ rooms on a map. Heck, you would only need about 10-15 or so rooms to get enough supplies to kill the boss. All the other rooms just slow you down right?

If Jagex actually believed the point was to bypass all the extra NPC's that wont help you for the boss, they would not have a NPC reduction on the final score for how many NPC's you did not kill..

The final goal is to get to the boss room yes, but another Jagex-set goal is to explore the dungeon and every room that is inside. This is why you get XP off for rooms you don't open. So I can say it was NOT designed to be rushed as fast as possible to the boss because with the other mechanics (Such as point reduction for not killing x-number of NPC's) it clearly proves they were not designed to be rushed.

The problem there lies that each dungeon is to little XP and thus encourage grinding for xp as fast as possible. If dungeons gave 4 or 5 times the XP they do now, but required you to kill every NPC on the map, they would be quite balanced.

i've never been on a team that cleared every room, i only do that on solo. is it typical to get a very high level mod clearing all but dead ends on large? looking at my screenshots (i don't have many though) of completed levels, i'm seeing like -5% level mods.

as for what the other people should be doing, it's often that a few are opening high level doors that require pots

here is a picture of the barrel bug, for those unsure of exactly what i'm talking about. i can't pass further into the room because i can't interact with the barrels.

barrelbug.png

Aim of Getting to the boss room =/= Point of dungeons is to get to the Boss room as fast as possible.

i never said the goal of dungeoneering is to get to the boss as fast as possible.

If Jagex only wanted you to "get to the boss room and have sufficient supplies to kill it" then there wouldn't be 30+ rooms on a map. Heck, you would only need about 10-15 or so rooms to get enough supplies to kill the boss. All the other rooms just slow you down right?

i am also not saying that jagex necessarily wanted people to do it this way, or that they even thought this might become a useful strategy. you're confusing the idea of being able to rush dungeons to the idea of jagex catering to rushers.

If Jagex actually believed the point was to bypass all the extra NPC's that wont help you for the boss, they would not have a NPC reduction on the final score for how many NPC's you did not kill..

rushers are like pures. jagex did not anticipate pures. but they also do not try to prevent pures from playing the game. pures lose out on a lot of things because of their decision of how to play the game. rushers lose out on a higher level mod.

The final goal is to get to the boss room yes, but another Jagex-set goal is to explore the dungeon and every room that is inside. This is why you get XP off for rooms you don't open. So I can say it was NOT designed to be rushed as fast as possible to the boss because with the other mechanics (Such as point reduction for not killing x-number of NPC's) it clearly proves they were not designed to be rushed.

saying that the fact that all rooms are meant to be explored means that you should not rush doesn't make sense. for your information, i try to open every room, yet follow this strategy of rushing. opening every door does not mean you have to kill every monster inside. i explore them all if i can, and some of the rooms are not worth being cleared, so i don't clear them.

the existence of xp reduction mechanisms to penalize rushing certainly balances rushing with a strategy in which you clear more monsters. but that does not mean that rushing is an invalid strategy. on the contrary, it means jagex anticipated that leaving monsters alive was easier, and decided to balance it.

The problem there lies that each dungeon is to little XP and thus encourage grinding for xp as fast as possible. If dungeons gave 4 or 5 times the XP they do now, but required you to kill every NPC on the map, they would be quite balanced.

i don't consider what i do when i train dungeoneering grinding. i find it fun to rush through a dungeon as fast as possible. it's very fast-paced and challenging.

fishing.gif

do you cut down every tree, mine every rock, hunt every dromomastyx?

I do.

Hence the 46 dungeoneering

Yeah... like the fact that i have not trained it because I dont want to doesnt mean anything. <_<

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I really agree with what someone else said - that you ought to at least clear rooms that you know you'll be traveling through often. Also, if you know that the limit could be a problem, why not clear out lower-leveled monsters? Even level 130+ teams get a fair share of rooms with level 50- monsters which are easily and quickly dispatched.

Also, I honestly don't know how people survive without any armor against the boss, unless armor doesn't make much difference anyway?

We always make familiars and armor as we come across decent resources, and rarely die on bosses from anything but special attacks + carelessness.

Rushing seems to have different definitions.

What is it called if my team and I often eliminate all monsters in main pathway rooms but do not bother with killing monsters which are not worthwhile in rooms which do not lead anywhere?

2dgucz6.png