ENTER SHIKARI

Rahila

I've only heard a couple of their songs, but I thought "Ok Time For Plan B" was really good. I'd rather only compare the very worst to Brokencyde though.

Honestly, comparing Enter Shikari to Brokencyde is like comparing T-pain to Eminem or the Wu Tang clan or something of the likes.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After first listening to them a few days ago, I didn't like them so much. But for some reason I now think they're pretty good, must be an 'acquired taste' sort of thing.

Anyway, does it really matter whether or not they are original? I thought people listen to music because they like it, not because it's non-conformist or whatever.

redarrows-1.png

After first listening to them a few days ago, I didn't like them so much. But for some reason I now think they're pretty good, must be an 'acquired taste' sort of thing.

Anyway, does it really matter whether or not they are original? I thought people listen to music because they like it, not because it's non-conformist or whatever.

I'm a non-conformist, so I'll go listen to all the music the other non-conformists listen to. Because I'm so non-conformist.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

No, it does not. However, the fact that they are extremely original (which they undeniably are) is a defining characteristic of the band. It is NOT what makes them good, but it adds to their character. I like plenty of artists/bands who are not original at the slightest, but are good musicians.

And they definitely are an 'aquired taste' sort of band. At first when I heard them I thought they were so-so, but nothing extraordinary. I mainly listened to their more popular songs, then when those weren't enough I downloaded their first album, and before you know it I know practically every part to every song on their discography 8-)

^^ no.

I would post an argument, but that's all that can be said. Nothing is original anymore, not even Gaga.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

^^ no.

I would post an argument, but that's all that can be said. Nothing is original anymore, not even Gaga.

I beg to differ, there is definitely original music out there, and I'm still yet to hear how this band is unoriginal. But it makes sense that you wouldn't notice originality considering you think Enter shikari sounds like brokencyde (once again I'm not saying you need to like enter shikari, but you should notice a HUGE difference between the two bands regardless of musical preference).

o. sorry. wait lemme back up a few posts. I don't mean to say they sound alike (even though I did say that :P ) but they remind me of it. Just the whole screaming over electronic beats thing. Also, idk, it just doesn't sound original. And I can't pinpoint why. Its like if i asked you why everything tastes like chicken you couldn't answer me. After all, its not chicken. But damn, does it taste like it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

To anyone who doubts them:

Go and see them live. Then tell me they're not an incredible band.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Meh the singer's scream and normal voice are both really generic, plus the electronic stuff isn't my thing. It's mostly the singer who kills it though.

Also anything is way better live, it's not really an argument as to whether a band is good or not. Just state they're a good live band or something instead of shooting people down with 'you havent heard them live' when they don't like the studio version.

2dvjurb.png

Meh the singer's scream and normal voice are both really generic, plus the electronic stuff isn't my thing. It's mostly the singer who kills it though.

Also anything is way better live, it's not really an argument as to whether a band is good or not. Just state they're a good live band or something instead of shooting people down with 'you havent heard them live' when they don't like the studio version.

You make a good point, however I somewhat beleive it to be the opposite. Technically, a studio version should sound better, and the bands live playing ability is based on how well they can match/exceed their studio quality. I know a lot of bands who have been dissapointing live because they can't hit the notes/screams and lack the musical skills displayed on their albums. However, if you don't like their studio songs you probably won't like them live regardless (unless you listened to them a lot, because they are a band that grows on you :wink: ).

They're my favourite band <3.

Saw them last year at the Apollo in Hammersmith. Tiny little venue, and the whole thing was nuts. The energy in that little room was incredible.

They are amazing live.

Yeah I saw them this year in february there. I wasn't really a fan of theirs just went with my mates though. A few of their songs are alright (like sorry your not a winner) but generally I don't really like them, although I would say they were original.

~Duck

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

A good friend of mine sits as an organiser on a festival here in Sweden, and they've booked Enter Shikari. Apparently they cost about 3000eur to book.

2009rb9.jpg

I once saw them for £2 with a flier at the Pioneer club in St. Albans near where they and I grew up.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

I once saw them for £2 with a flier at the Pioneer club in St. Albans near where they and I grew up.

How were they?

Must have been a hell of a lot different than it is now, they're blowing up!

This vid gives me the chills, even though the sound quality is bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY4n8I4pUDY

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMuf4JNMZYo[/hide]

A vid taken (not by me) from when me and a friend seen them earlier this year. Sound quality is pretty [cabbage] but it shows the lights and stuff which made the gig much better imo.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMuf4JNMZYo[/hide]

A vid taken (not by me) from when me and a friend seen them earlier this year. Sound quality is pretty [cabbage] but it shows the lights and stuff which made the gig much better imo.

I'm so excited to see them this november when they're headlining in the U.S. It will be such a better set than warped tour, and the lights will be badass :cool:

This topics been alive for a while, figured I'd finially read it and give them a listen. Although it's my type of music [as it was refered to "glitchy post-hardcore"] I can't get past the accent. Instrumentally, it's pretty good, I enjoy the usage of synth with my screamo, but the vocalist sounds so simliar to Close Your Eyes...if he grew up in Britain. Tey need a bit more melody in my opinion. Enter Shikari, not terrible, but not amazing.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

This topics been alive for a while, figured I'd finially read it and give them a listen. Although it's my type of music [as it was refered to "glitchy post-hardcore"] I can't get past the accent. Instrumentally, it's pretty good, I enjoy the usage of synth with my screamo, but the vocalist sounds so simliar to Close Your Eyes...if he grew up in Britain. Tey need a bit more melody in my opinion. Enter Shikari, not terrible, but not amazing.

Good honest review. And yea, the accent was a bit strange for me at first too but I became accustomed to it and now I really like it :P

Mind me asking what songs of theirs you listened to? Their new stuff is drastically different from their old stuff.

Good honest review. And yea, the accent was a bit strange for me at first too but I became accustomed to it and now I really like it tongue.gif

Mind me asking what songs of theirs you listened to? Their new stuff is drastically different from their old stuff.

Found "samples" on youtube where people condensed their whole album [both] into 20 minutes. I listened to them for maybe 18 minutes. I skipped around a little, what with the intro songs and stuff. Figured that wasn't sufficient so I dabbled around on a few songs that I did kinda enjoy. Some were better than others. I do enjoy that they're one album was concept oriented [big bonus when bands do that] but overall, I just wasn't really feelin' em. Like I said not amazing, not terrible.

When I get around to finishing my Reccommended CDs list, I'm sure we'll find that we have bands in common, because this certainly is my genre, I just wasn't getting the breakdown rush feeling that I like to from my post-hardcore.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

You sound like a whiny d-bag. "aww people don't agree with my taste in music. Obviously, I pick the best bands and you don't."

Get off your high horse.

You obviously didn't read through the whole topic you [bleep]. I'm not a whiny d-bag by disagreeing that this band sounds like the god-awful band "brokencyde"...Many times I told saru and others that I'm not saying Enter shikari is "the best band ever and better than every other band"...I'm simply trying to spread the word of what I consider to be a good band and see you're thoughts. I'm going to argue and disagree when people like saru make [developmentally delayed]ed posts like he did. Now your post has no relevance to what this thread is all about so either contribute something meaningful to the thread or go talk [cabbage] somewhere else you ass.

You sound like a whiny d-bag. "aww people don't agree with my taste in music. Obviously, I pick the best bands and you don't."

Get off your high horse.

You obviously didn't read through the whole topic you [bleep]. I'm not a whiny d-bag by disagreeing that this band sounds like the god-awful band "brokencyde"...Many times I told saru and others that I'm not saying Enter shikari is "the best band ever and better than every other band"...I'm simply trying to spread the word of what I consider to be a good band and see you're thoughts. I'm going to argue and disagree when people like saru make [developmentally delayed]ed posts like he did. Now your post has no relevance to what this thread is all about so either contribute something meaningful to the thread or go talk [cabbage] somewhere else you ass.

I did read the entire thread and you still sound super whiny. You started jumping down everyone's throats as soon as they said one negative thing about this band. How does that NOT make you whiny? Saru said they sounded like another band and you criticized him. What's the point of discussing music if you're only willing to hear what you agree with? There's no such thing as a perfect band. Stop trying to make them one.

Zaataar.png