Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ENTER SHIKARI

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Socrates
[ Display Name History ]

Socrates

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Socrates
I once saw them for £2 with a flier at the Pioneer club in St. Albans near where they and I grew up.
Posted Image
Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.
99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.
Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Rahila
[ Display Name History ]

Rahila

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • RSN:rahila

I once saw them for £2 with a flier at the Pioneer club in St. Albans near where they and I grew up.

How were they?

Must have been a hell of a lot different than it is now, they're blowing up!
This vid gives me the chills, even though the sound quality is bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY4n8I4pUDY

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

A vid taken (not by me) from when me and a friend seen them earlier this year. Sound quality is pretty [cabbage] but it shows the lights and stuff which made the gig much better imo.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Rahila
[ Display Name History ]

Rahila

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 872 posts

A vid taken (not by me) from when me and a friend seen them earlier this year. Sound quality is pretty [cabbage] but it shows the lights and stuff which made the gig much better imo.

I'm so excited to see them this november when they're headlining in the U.S. It will be such a better set than warped tour, and the lights will be badass :cool:

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,200 posts
This topics been alive for a while, figured I'd finially read it and give them a listen. Although it's my type of music [as it was refered to "glitchy post-hardcore"] I can't get past the accent. Instrumentally, it's pretty good, I enjoy the usage of synth with my screamo, but the vocalist sounds so simliar to Close Your Eyes...if he grew up in Britain. Tey need a bit more melody in my opinion. Enter Shikari, not terrible, but not amazing.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Rahila
[ Display Name History ]

Rahila

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 872 posts

This topics been alive for a while, figured I'd finially read it and give them a listen. Although it's my type of music [as it was refered to "glitchy post-hardcore"] I can't get past the accent. Instrumentally, it's pretty good, I enjoy the usage of synth with my screamo, but the vocalist sounds so simliar to Close Your Eyes...if he grew up in Britain. Tey need a bit more melody in my opinion. Enter Shikari, not terrible, but not amazing.

Good honest review. And yea, the accent was a bit strange for me at first too but I became accustomed to it and now I really like it :P
Mind me asking what songs of theirs you listened to? Their new stuff is drastically different from their old stuff.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,200 posts

Good honest review. And yea, the accent was a bit strange for me at first too but I became accustomed to it and now I really like it Posted Image
Mind me asking what songs of theirs you listened to? Their new stuff is drastically different from their old stuff.

Found "samples" on youtube where people condensed their whole album [both] into 20 minutes. I listened to them for maybe 18 minutes. I skipped around a little, what with the intro songs and stuff. Figured that wasn't sufficient so I dabbled around on a few songs that I did kinda enjoy. Some were better than others. I do enjoy that they're one album was concept oriented [big bonus when bands do that] but overall, I just wasn't really feelin' em. Like I said not amazing, not terrible.

When I get around to finishing my Reccommended CDs list, I'm sure we'll find that we have bands in common, because this certainly is my genre, I just wasn't getting the breakdown rush feeling that I like to from my post-hardcore.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Althalus
[ Display Name History ]

Althalus

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Zaataar
You sound like a whiny d-bag. "aww people don't agree with my taste in music. Obviously, I pick the best bands and you don't."

Get off your high horse.

Rahila
[ Display Name History ]

Rahila

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 872 posts

You sound like a whiny d-bag. "aww people don't agree with my taste in music. Obviously, I pick the best bands and you don't."

Get off your high horse.

You obviously didn't read through the whole topic you [bleep]. I'm not a whiny d-bag by disagreeing that this band sounds like the god-awful band "brokencyde"...Many times I told saru and others that I'm not saying Enter shikari is "the best band ever and better than every other band"...I'm simply trying to spread the word of what I consider to be a good band and see you're thoughts. I'm going to argue and disagree when people like saru make [developmentally delayed]ed posts like he did. Now your post has no relevance to what this thread is all about so either contribute something meaningful to the thread or go talk [cabbage] somewhere else you ass.

Althalus
[ Display Name History ]

Althalus

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Zaataar

Get off your high horse.

You obviously didn't read through the whole topic you [bleep]. I'm not a whiny d-bag by disagreeing that this band sounds like the god-awful band "brokencyde"...Many times I told saru and others that I'm not saying Enter shikari is "the best band ever and better than every other band"...I'm simply trying to spread the word of what I consider to be a good band and see you're thoughts. I'm going to argue and disagree when people like saru make [developmentally delayed]ed posts like he did. Now your post has no relevance to what this thread is all about so either contribute something meaningful to the thread or go talk [cabbage] somewhere else you ass.

I did read the entire thread and you still sound super whiny. You started jumping down everyone's throats as soon as they said one negative thing about this band. How does that NOT make you whiny? Saru said they sounded like another band and you criticized him. What's the point of discussing music if you're only willing to hear what you agree with? There's no such thing as a perfect band. Stop trying to make them one.

Rahila
[ Display Name History ]

Rahila

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 872 posts
Also posted on the first page:

Video and song blew my [bleep]in mind

Skeptical
[ Display Name History ]

Skeptical

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,906 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
If I'm going to listen to crappy wannabe-metal vocals and electronic music, I want to laugh, too.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."
Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users