Dungeoneering Rants.

Pinkbullet3

There are so many things in Dungeoneering that frustrate me, not so much the skill, but the PEOPLE who I group with. Obviously, 98% of the rants consist of the people, so of course I'm bound to blame them.

Here are some things that piss me quite a bit when it comes to dunning with random people:

People who don't talk.

This usually happens in duos. Effective dungeoneering is about communication, so it's pretty frustrating if I ask what the [bleep] you're doing and you don't respond.

Greedy people.

They take ALL the money in the dungeon. ALL OF IT. I usually never bother making armor, but these people insist on making full fractite and whatnot, so they have to get upwards of 100k+. Holy crap guys.

Those who [bleep] up the switches and mime rooms.

Now I'm lax about messing up once and then doing it right afterwards, but sometimes people will get it wrong like 3 or 4 times in a row, almost to the point where I'm (and nearly everyone else, for that matter) about to die... It's not that hard when I say "Everyone pull on GO," is it? I'm glad Jagex lessened the damage now, heh.

People who say "prestige run."

Unnecessary. Especially for people who have prestige 35, where trying to get a higher prestige doesn't even mean anything. But still, it makes a whole lot more sense when you say "F1-10!" rather than "F1-10 prestige run."

The lack of the group finding system usage.

Jagex implemented it, SO NOT WHY JUST USE THE DAMN THING. STOP SCREAMING "F26" IN THE LOBBY FFS.

69760925.png

Look at the mini-map. Nobody's using the group finding rooms... And yet, it'd make things so much easier FOR EVERYONE if they used it. F1, F10, F27... the rooms have those numbers.

--> Well, this one's kind of justified now, as still no one uses it, so I don't either. I don't really mind it now.

Anything that annoys the hell out of you when you're dungeoneering? ("Stop referring to dungeoneering as 'Dung!'" Hahaha, jk.)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate people who have primal mauls and tell everyone without a primal maul that they don't know what they're doing. I also hate people who AFK for long periods of time, people who leave prematurely, and people who wont stop saying "come on peeople plz need to leave in five minutes" when we're doing a 5:5 large and we still have ten rooms to open.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I hate people who rush to the boss without saying anything and once they are there, they start crying for help or they will leave. Yeah, We just come to your aid trough 10 rooms now? And you didnt even bother killing the monsters in them. AND you took all of the food.

And people who generally come to daemonheim and say that they have 5 minutes. If you have less than 20 minutes, I'd suggest not bother to even come.

I rarely do anything else but solo. Sometimes duo with a friend, but thats it.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I dislike how some players with combat levels below 30 try dungeoneering. I've only dealt with two so far: a level 20 I called a noob, then proceeded to threaten me with "I won't open the door if you don't stop calling me a noob!" and a level 15 who just picked up all the stuff on the ground in order to skill, not actually contributing to the dungeon at all.

mememe513.png

What annoys me in high-floor 5:5 large rushes, which is the only thing I do with a team.

The people who spend half the day clearing dead end rooms with no altar in it or other useful feature.

The guys who decide it's cool to take all the keys when someone specifically said they were doing keys in the beginning of the dungeon.

"Guys where the nearest altar?" "Over there"...great thanks...-.-

If someone is in the process of doing the runecrafting puzzles where you flip the tiles, don't come in and start flipping tiles...

If someone is forcing tiles, don't force any tiles yourself, because then both you us take damage

Same goes for skill doors, you risk having both of you damaged.

Don't call me a noob for "wasting" time in the beginning for making runes when I'm the one who ends up killing all your Prom Warriors in guardian doors, while you hit 0s the entire time

"Doing such and such will reduce our XP, don't do that!" when you really just want the kid to help you clear a room, most likely a dead end one like I mentioned before...

"Oh look Promethium boots on the floor!" *takes* "Does anyone need it?" Well damnit, if you're gonna give them away don't take them! If you accidentally take them, just drop them.

The guys who drink from the Unholy Font when they're down to mid-80 melees, you really don't have to drink until under 70.

If you're gonna be afk for a little, fine, but tell us so we don't wait for you in a lever room or monolith room or something.

If you're using a bad combat style against a monster (like crushing shades or something) and someone tries to correct you, don't say "no"...at least TRY it?

If we have a mime emote room, that means you should gs where you are now and come ASAP, because the longer we wait for you to open all the doors you're trying to open, the longer this dungeon is going to take. You can spare a few minutes to open the mime door, then return and continue to open your rooms.

The following stuff isn't what upsets me, but just something I'd like to see more players do to make dungeoneering more efficient:

Don't ask for who has such-and-such key, that's why you can look into the inventories of your party members.

Don't ask for who has such-and-such skill level, that's why you can look at the stats of your party members.

Please check which floors you have open before you join a party, if you do accidentally join, please mention it at the beginning of the dungeon instead of midway through it.

Use the correct combat styles.

If you're leading someone to a certain room, with sit in the room so it's marked on the map, or give them the coordinates. "South of home" is nice, but you can do better.

The following stuff isn't what upsets me, but just something I'd like to see more players do to make dungeoneering more efficient:

Don't ask for who has such-and-such key, that's why you can look into the inventories of your party members.

Don't ask for who has such-and-such skill level, that's why you can look at the stats of your party members.

There's 4 other people's inventory/skills you have to check, which is pretty slow. If you have good communication (which you should), then it would be better to ask "who has ___ rc?" Then the guy can answer "I do", then tell him what needs to be done.

Way faster than looking through 4 interfaces.

Staurolite.png

Greedy people.

They take ALL the money in the dungeon. ALL OF IT. I usually never bother making armor, but these people insist on making full fractite and whatnot, so they have to get upwards of 100k+. Holy crap guys.

This.

I need money for my effin runes, but noooooo take all of it and do... Nothing?

O.O

People taking all the food, even if they don't need it, and not giving it to any of us when asked is annoying also. -.- I don't care if they're picking it all up to share it around before we go to the boss or something, but I find it irritating when they just do it because they think they "need it."

Otherwise, you guys have summed it all up. D:

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

There's 4 other people's inventory/skills you have to check, which is pretty slow. If you have good communication (which you should), then it would be better to ask "who has ___ rc?" Then the guy can answer "I do", then tell him what needs to be done.

Way faster than looking through 4 interfaces.

It's pretty quick, but I can understand for skills, perhaps. But for keys? You know the kid who has them all.

So today, I did F35 5:5 large that consisted of two skillers and three fighters (98, 108, and me). As you might already know, having these skillers in your group doubles your exp. (anyone care to explain? This is just what I heard from Medaragon). In the end, I got 40k. My previous personal-record was 23k...

But the point is, these two skillers basically leeched because they can pretty much do nothing but maybe make some runes. Your guys' opinions on these leechers/skillers? (They leech and get massive exp., you work hard and get massive exp.)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

So today, I did F35 5:5 large that consisted of two skillers and three fighters (98, 108, and me). As you might already know, having these skillers in your group doubles your exp. (anyone care to explain? This is just what I heard from Medaragon). In the end, I got 40k. My previous personal-record was 23k...

But the point is, these two skillers basically leeched because they can pretty much do nothing but maybe make some runes. Your guys' opinions on these leechers/skillers? (They leech and get massive exp., you work hard and get massive exp.)

My understanding is that in f2p, if your average combat level is below 90, you get the full exp, compared to 1/2 if you're over 90. That's why the skillers (I'm assuming they're low levels) bring up your exp.

So they're helping you, but if you think they're leeching, then find someone better next time. Someone who can cook food for you guys :^_^:

Staurolite.png

My understanding is that in f2p, if your average combat level is below 90, you get the full exp, compared to 1/2 if you're over 90. That's why the skillers (I'm assuming they're low levels) bring up your exp.

So they're helping you, but if you think they're leeching, then find someone better next time. Someone who can cook food for you guys :^_^:

That's [developmentally delayed]ed rofl.

Are you serious?

Just because you are high level your exp gets cut in half?

People who don't clear rooms on larges. Yes, I hate those people. The difference between a -6% and a +6% level mod really does matter the higher your base experience is.

THIS! They're so obsessed with their xp they make everyone waste food running through rooms when it actually helps your xp!

snipers_end.png

Yay jagex makes a new skill and its a pain in the backside, woo. On a serious note, theres not enough introduction to this skill, and I've currently got level 6 dungeoneering with no clue whatsoever what to do half the time, how to make money or such. Though I know what you're ranting about would annoy you greatly, you can't expect people to pick up a skill with such a bad introduction and explanation and be awesome at it, I just flicked on turmoil and soul split and one item'd the bosses in the tutorial myself.

Though actually yeh, I most probably have done half of what you guys have said not to do, logged out, afk and such :|

mis_turk.png

That's [developmentally delayed]ed rofl.

Are you serious?

Just because you are high level your exp gets cut in half?

Jamflex did it so members can't go on F2P servers and gain massive XP. Even then, it makes no sense and is [developmentally delayed].

PM me for fitocracy invite

I hate it when people advertise "prestige runs"... What the heck is that? No one can explain it... If one's intending to do F23-26, just SAY that, don't say "prestige run" because no one knows what that is.

Either say what floors you're doing or tag a "RUSH" at the end of it.

-.-

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I hate it when people advertise "prestige runs"... What the heck is that? No one can explain it... If one's intending to do F23-26, just SAY that, don't say "prestige run" because no one knows what that is.

Either say what floors you're doing or tag a "RUSH" at the end of it.

-.-

Who doesn't know what a prestige run is? It's pretty self explanatory....

Ok, here are the list of things I really don't like about teammates in dunging.

People who turn public/private chat friends or off. If you do that, you're basically disabling the ability for disconnected teammates to rejoin.

People who try to "help" somebody doing a puzzle. Really, unless it's mime/switch, leave that person alone. Having more people doing a single puzzle just wastes time.

People who don't bother to prepare for a 5:5 boss fight. Good luck surviving against a level 200 boss monster with no food.

People who take the keys on the ground, when I SPECIFICALLY say I'm the key holder. And they refuse to let it go.

People who put a combat level requirement when advertising teams. Combat doesn't matter, it's how you play the dungeons that matters.

The rest, Pink and Zaaps pretty much summed it up.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention