Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dungeoneering Rants.

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I hate people who have a full invent of food.
You don't need a full invent, usually I run around keying with 800 lp and like 1-2 pieces of food.
I decide who is the worst dungeoneer usually by who has the most food.
I always hate people that follow me when I'm keying.
If I need you I will call for you, go do your gd/puzzle/w/e I told you to do instead of wasting time following me.
I hate people that don't communicate.
You should always speak if you find a key/key door/skill door you can't do/altar.
I hate people that don't make tools/laws/astrals/cosmics at start.

If you don't do any of that and listen to me, I consider you a good dungeoneer.

Btw skillers are only useful in f2p to lower average combat level so you get double exp. They don't do anything else useful, except maybe make pots.

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath

Btw skillers are only useful in f2p to lower average combat level so you get double exp. They don't do anything else useful, except maybe make pots.

Cant make pots in F2p, so even thats useless.
O.O

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

They are also very useful in a c1 5:1 small rush.

But skillers suck anyway, I just team with friends and forget about lowered experience.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

onedaysoon
[ Display Name History ]

onedaysoon

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Tempest Alex
People with high skills.

I have never had the most amazing skills but after dungeoneering you'll probably see me as the rank one player on scape from now on. I swear I am so over people having the skills to use that need ot be used before you can progress and simply not doing anything for 5 minutes and then being all, "oh sorry".

If they we're doing other rooms or making armour I could understand, but when they're actually killing time for the sake of it I get annoyed. So I should thank them in a way, thats my motivation for 2400 total lol, but really to those people I say

GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND HELP

/rant.
:)

4sDIn.png

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RSN:The Ancient

People who don't talk.
This usually happens in duos. Effective dungeoneering is about communication, so it's pretty frustrating if I ask what the [bleep] you're doing and you don't respond.

I have never met people like that but I imagine it's annoying

Greedy people.
They take ALL the money in the dungeon. ALL OF IT. I usually never bother making armor, but these people insist on making full fractite and whatnot, so they have to get upwards of 100k+. Holy crap guys.

People need to L2DG

Those who [bleep] up the switches and mime rooms.
Now I'm lax about messing up once and then doing it right afterwards, but sometimes people will get it wrong like 3 or 4 times in a row, almost to the point where I'm (and nearly everyone else, for that matter) about to die... It's not that hard when I say "Everyone pull on GO," is it?

People need to L2Smrt

People who say "prestige run."
Unnecessary. Especially for people who have prestige 35, where trying to get a higher prestige doesn't even mean anything. But still, it makes a whole lot more sense when you say "F1-10!" rather than "F1-10 prestige run."

Sure

The lack of the group finding system usage.
Jagex implemented it, SO NOT WHY JUST USE THE DAMN THING. STOP SCREAMING "F26" IN THE LOBBY FFS.

People don't use it because people don't use it.

Anything that annoys the hell out of you when you're dungeoneering? ("Stop referring to dungeoneering as 'Dung!'" Hahaha, jk.)

You speak the truth: DG sounds so much cooler than dung

I hate people who have a full invent of food.
You don't need a full invent, usually I run around keying with 800 lp and like 1-2 pieces of food.
I decide who is the worst dungeoneer usually by who has the most food.
I always hate people that follow me when I'm keying.
If I need you I will call for you, go do your gd/puzzle/w/e I told you to do instead of wasting time following me.
I hate people that don't communicate.
You should always speak if you find a key/key door/skill door you can't do/altar.
I hate people that don't make tools/laws/astrals/cosmics at start.

If you don't do any of that and listen to me, I consider you a good dungeoneer.

Well well said. Lol people need to learn to tank and survive with minimal food... don't be sittin in a room full of shades, not pray, and eat up 15 salves that could have saved my life

My list of grievances:
Kids who:
-- Ask "whos tools"
-- Take armor on the table and don't give to keys
-- Food hog
-- Don't gate to help the keyer
-- Don't follow orders
-- Think they can DG but can't
-- Don't pick up all keys they see
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Oathkeeper
[ Display Name History ]

Oathkeeper

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Anonymous184
I hate the ability to force the tiles on the RC grid. I really wish the confirm force message was brought back and the damage recieved doubled.

I hate people who sit in the five ferret room, especially when they're near a tile and making it impossible to position the ferret onto the tile.

I hate people who can't solve the ferret island in less than three throws - there is a reason you only get exp for the first 3 vile fish.

I hate people who stop fighting so that they can go mine some frac nearby and leave the rest of the team to the lvl-111 shade.

I hate w1 and it's constant server lag.

I hate people who insist to craft their 300 rune essence into combat runes when they have the only key or are required in a 5man room - ggs portal + Home tele says hi.

I hate rangers who don't light the pillers in the nightgazer boss.

I hate people who 'cbf' to buy a toolkit.

I hate people who open the door when I unlocked it.

I hate jagex for making invisible -50% exp. As someone else said move Construction -> complex4. Make Free to play limit to complex 3.
Posted Image

Trollface
[ Display Name History ]

Trollface

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • RSN:RandallFlagg
  • Clan:DGS

I hate all the leroy jenkins of Dungeoneering.

Someone's gotta get everyone to come into a difficult boss room. Most of the time everyone sits by the boss door until some guy goes in.

Cheefoo
[ Display Name History ]

Cheefoo

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,811 posts
  • RSN:Cheefoo
  • Clan:HYT
Uggh, the mime room... There's always some dolt who can't tell the difference between "nod" and "shake head". People who don't communicate are also really frusturating. Especially when they have the level to open a door or complete a puzzle, and just don't listen. Sometimes people even pick favorites among the party, and make them armor, give them food, etc. and ignore everyone else. It's especially aggrivating when someone runs around a room full of monsters, picking up all the loot when the rest of the party is fighting to stay alive. Once someone begs them for food long enough, they give them an eel or two and act like some kind of heroic lifesaver. GOSH, some people...
Posted Image
I LOVE MY STATION

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101
00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts
This one isn't so much a big deal, but I was in a 4:4 med and I had to wait a good 10 minutes for the other 3 to prep for boss. They'd be taking their merry time fishing, cooking, asking where I am while I'm browsing the forums waiting to go...

I mean, preparing is important, but these people were over level 90, so fighting a 143 boss shouldn't be too big a deal.

-_-
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

This one isn't so much a big deal, but I was in a 4:4 med and I had to wait a good 10 minutes for the other 3 to prep for boss. They'd be taking their merry time fishing, cooking, asking where I am while I'm browsing the forums waiting to go...

I mean, preparing is important, but these people were over level 90, so fighting a 143 boss shouldn't be too big a deal.

-_-

Who was the boss? If it was Shadow-forger Ihlakhizan or Bal'lak the Pummeller, it's understandable.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
I rage when people fish a whole inv of fish for the rammernaught.
O.O

lordkafei
[ Display Name History ]

lordkafei

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,123 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Kafei Nation
Oops

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts

-_-

Who was the boss? If it was Shadow-forger Ihlakhizan or Bal'lak the Pummeller, it's understandable.

Lumi, lol

"Ahhh I'm gonna die!!!" *laughs as he watches others get pelted to 1 hp*
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
Another thing that bothers me:
Why do people take so long to gt. Is it that hard? Does it take skill to gt effectively? I'm not asking much for the quality of the people I dung with, I just need people to follow instructions. When you can't do that, something is wrong with you.

Trollface
[ Display Name History ]

Trollface

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • RSN:RandallFlagg
  • Clan:DGS

Another thing that bothers me:
Why do people take so long to gt. Is it that hard? Does it take skill to gt effectively? I'm not asking much for the quality of the people I dung with, I just need people to follow instructions. When you can't do that, something is wrong with you.

I feel you on that one. I was doing a dungeon with Zarfot, and no one was listening to him besides me and another guy. Long story short, he got 4 deaths and I got 2. We didn't even get to finish the dungeon because of the conquest update, though in the future I'd like to do more ridiculously fast dungeons.

wcingisbad
[ Display Name History ]

wcingisbad

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 678 posts
I hate when my party mates have to get more food for a Level: 79 Lexicus Runewright. I have soloed that guy a hundred times already.
Posted Image
Posted Image
R.I.P. Neko :[
5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting
Blogs are dead

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

I hate when my party mates have to get more food for a Level: 79 Lexicus Runewright. I have soloed that guy a hundred times already.

I find it even more annoying when players blindly melee Mr. Library. Many people out there solely use ranged on this boss FOR A REASON. <_<

It's the same with other mage-based bosses (Astea and hobgoblin earthmage). Range-melee hybrid them.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

BLaSpHeMy
[ Display Name History ]

BLaSpHeMy

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • RSN:ibti360

People taking all the food

This
thats why this should be a minigame and not a skill
Its only fun when you have a solid team
Ive been in teams with 130+ who dont speak english thats really annoying too
also people who leave in the middle of large dungeons
people that wait outside the room waiting for someone else to run in and tank aswell
Veni vidi vici
I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

Technologic
[ Display Name History ]

Technologic

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • RSN:Joey bankstn
  • Clan:None
I recently had a game where early on, someone had said that they would tool. I was in the bathroom at that time, and came back 30 seconds into the game. Since no one was keying, and the tooler, which I didn't know was tooling, had a shadow hood, I asked if he wanted to key. Enraged, he promptly cussed me out, saying that I was an inconciderate noob who has no life, and then left the team. Later that day I joined a team with him in it, and half way through he realised that I was in his team, and left. Guess what the next room was that we had to open; a mime room.

Another time I was dungeoning, and at the start of the game someone announced that no one should hog all the food. Everyone agreed to this. But 4 minutes into the dungeon, and we were all low on food. He started complaining that everyone was hogging all the food, and demanded that they give him some. I checked his inventory, and he was full of food, and filling up his BoB. I told him to share some food with us, because I had checked his inventory, and the rest of us had less than 5 eels. He quickly denied this, and after the rest of the team checked his inventory, they asked for more food. Not wanting to share, he quickly said a few swear words, and left the dungeon.
Posted Image

Real men get 99 str on cows 8-).

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts
Hahaha, gotta hate those ignorant [bleep]s.
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users