Dungeoneering Rants.

Pinkbullet3

Idiots.

Found the boss room in a large dungeon and dropped the ggs outside it. Went to open all the rest of the doors and because boss room was right next to the base, ggs tele'd when I was done. Some idiot decided to take the stone inside so I tele'd next to the boss and died. And that was the only death on the floor. -.-

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who don't clear rooms on larges. Yes, I hate those people. The difference between a -6% and a +6% level mod really does matter the higher your base experience is.

THIS! They're so obsessed with their xp they make everyone waste food running through rooms when it actually helps your xp!

I actually hate it when my teammates have this sort of attitude.

We had to wait 20 minutes in a mime room while 2 people decided that they MUST clear every extraneous room before just teleporting to the ggs.

And really, if you don't want to take damage in the rooms by running through, Let your keyer run through, open the next door and then teleport to him. That's what the ggs is for.

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

- People with SSH bound, are lvl +125, don't key and wait before someone else gets in the room to tank, even though everyone else has much less combat levels.(Worst people i've ever dungeoneered with were +125 cb. )

- People who die and then rage quit, and then beg to form another party because they died.

- People doing larges 5:5 130+ .

- People asking to tele to ggs, and then you drop in the middle of a war with like 4 116+ mages when you're in melee gear...

My biggest thing is that 90% of people advertising a large require 130+ combat. It's such [cabbage], the fastest keyer I've ever played with was level 92. I've played with so many 130's who are completely incompetent, combat means nothing. I wish more people would advertise 70 or 80+ dungeoneering instead of combat

Completely true, and I totally agree that many of the best Dungeoneers out there are sub-130 and there are many bad players who are 130+.

However, I can't quite say that it's right to blame people for having bias toward 130+. After all, if we had a group of sub-130s and 130+ players, it's a completely reasonable bet that the 130+ group will have more knowledgeable players. While it might not be the fairest philosophy, it's completely rational. That fact aside, many players simply feel more emotionally at ease when playing with high levels. For example, if someone has an amazing dungeon team with 130+ players, I can almost guarantee that if they go to brag about it, they will mention the fact that it was 130+. It's nothing anyone can help. Players just have a mental correlation between low levels and noobs. Unfortunately, that's not nearly the case and levels like 125 or even in the 90s, while falling into the sub-130 range, can hardly be considered low level. Regardless, that's how a player's mind works.

- People with SSH bound, are lvl +125, don't key and wait before someone else gets in the room to tank, even though everyone else has much less combat levels.(Worst people i've ever dungeoneered with were +125 cb. )

I have this exact problem, everytime I'm with a team, almost always no one enters another room before anyone else. I almost always have to go in first, just so the rest of them can get through <_<

Staurolite.png

• 2 weeks later...

Level 3 leechers are my biggest pet peeve. Instead of just sitting there, why not actually do something, like mine ore, chop logs, go fishing? Maybe even help us make some armor. Don't just sit around doing nothing.

If it wasn't for the f2p experience cap, our clan would immediately kick leechers.

Well, there is ONE skiller in our clan, but he's actually helpful. Unfortunately, most aren't useful, and just sit in the base room.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Level 3 leechers are my biggest pet peeve. Instead of just sitting there, why not actually do something, like mine ore, chop logs, go fishing? Maybe even help us make some armor. Don't just sit around doing nothing.

If it wasn't for the f2p experience cap, our clan would immediately kick leechers.

Well, there is ONE skiller in our clan, but he's actually helpful. Unfortunately, most aren't useful, and just sit in the base room.

1. Get 2 computers

2. Make a level 3 acc

3. Play on both accs

4. Afk on level 3

5.????

6. Profit

1. Get 2 computers

2. Make a level 3 acc

3. Play on both accs

4. Afk on level 3

5.????

6. Profit

And how exactly would that benefeit them?

And how exactly would that benefeit them?

Cuz apparently it's "double" exp for the top end players.

It doesn't make a difference really. Those skillers can be replaced with other endgame players that actually contribute to dungeon progress.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

No, with 4 level 3's and a level 100+, everyone gets far more XP, especially because the dungeon is hilariously easy and made for level 20's.

By comparison, with 5 level 100+'s, everyone gets far less XP, and the dungeon is actually a hard dungeon and made for level 100+'s.

O.O

But where does fun factor go? How about teamwork? How about... the spirit of dungeoneering itself?

This is really the same issue as 50/50 GOP. Everyone gets a reward for hardly doing anything at all.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

But where does fun factor go? How about teamwork? How about... the spirit of dungeoneering itself?

Coming from mister efficient player, i don't see how this would apply.

Though yes, if its just about "fun" then your better off doing an actual dungeon with 4 other high levels.

If you want faster XP, do rushes with skillers.

This is really the same issue as 50/50 GOP. Everyone gets a reward for hardly doing anything at all.

I don't see how this is like 50/50...

O.O

Well if it wasn't for fun factor, why would I be dungeoneering in the first place? To me, fun factor is an essential part of efficient play. If I don't find it fun I'm better off doing something else.

To me, skiller rushing isn't really dungeoneering because you're not playing dunge the way it's supposed to be played.

And this is essentially like GOP 50/50 because of freeloading. That's the key to all this fuss. If it wasn't for freeloading, no one would even consider skiller dunge.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Well if it wasn't for fun factor, why would I be dungeoneering in the first place? To me, fun factor is an essential part of efficient play. If I don't find it fun I'm better off doing something else.

Fun is good, but considering how you preach efficiency and say how ineffcient people are wasting time and money, this seems a bit hypocritical.

To me, skiller rushing isn't really dungeoneering because you're not playing dunge the way it's supposed to be played.

Yea, its dungeoneering...

Jagex doesnt really think anythings in the "spirit of the game", players play how they want to play, not how jagex wants them to play.

And this is essentially like GOP 50/50 because of freeloading. That's the key to all this fuss. If it wasn't for freeloading, no one would even consider skiller dunge.

I can rise myself above freeloading 50/50'ers by getting good at GOP and simply winning every game.

You can't really rise yourself above freeloading level 3's, not only do they not try, they get more XP from you as well.

O.O

Fun is good, but considering how you preach efficiency and say how ineffcient people are wasting time and money, this seems a bit hypocritical.

You can't put fun and efficiency together in the mix? ;) I don't see efficiency as a grindfest, it's simply using the best possible methods available to you.

But in this context, it really is kind of confusing... it really depends on what context you're talking about. The current situation with level 3 skillers almost seems like bug abuse.

Yea, its dungeoneering...

Jagex doesnt really think anythings in the "spirit of the game", players play how they want to play, not how jagex wants them to play.

The

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Some say "Dungeoneering asks you to use your brain", but i don't understand the part that Dungeoneering MUST be a group skill? Why???

1) It's hard to get 4 more players that you can count on. Nooo i refuse to use world 117!

2) You must be on same floor, which makes organizing more harder

3) When you got a team of 5 - maintain it

I hate Dungeoneering. Why not Dungeoneering Solo same as Team? WHY????????????????

Some say "Dungeoneering asks you to use your brain", but i don't understand the part that Dungeoneering MUST be a group skill? Why???

1) It's hard to get 4 more players that you can count on. Nooo i refuse to use world 117!

2) You must be on same floor, which makes organizing more harder

3) When you got a team of 5 - maintain it

I hate Dungeoneering. Why not Dungeoneering Solo same as Team? WHY????????????????

The way I see it, they get rewarded for organizing a team of 5 and cooperating during the dungeon. If you want to play solo, then you'll get less exp, but nothing else is stopping you from doing it. You won't have the headache of having other people help you, which seems to be such a scary concept for some. It doesn't HAVE to be a group skill, it's just beneficial to do so if you can get a good team.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

The way I see it, they get rewarded for organizing a team of 5 and cooperating during the dungeon. If you want to play solo, then you'll get less exp, but nothing else is stopping you from doing it. You won't have the headache of having other people help you, which seems to be such a scary concept for some. It doesn't HAVE to be a group skill, it's just beneficial to do so if you can get a good team.

You know when i need to go B.A what happens? The games stop and the consistency ends. Because some players ruin the game for you in one way or another. Either because they have to go, or by leaving the team or whatever. Even when i do everything: be understanding, help out, keep things together, and remind everyone to stay strong as a team---- it always goes down sooner or later.

I can organize a team of 5, and maintain it and cooperate: But time will not always make Dungeoneering team consistent. And i do not want to go around planning "OK, guys Tuesday we will do Dungeoneering!".

Jagex needs to make Dungeoneering solo exp rates the same. Because i know when that happens a [wagon] like you will go do solo right away, because afterall i doubt you give a [bleep] about team Dungeoneering.

I certainly don't give a crap about Team Dungeoneering. I like the skill, but i don't want to kill myself getting VERY SLOW EXP solo.

It takes 333 hours to get a Chaotic weapon if your focused

And it takes double that if your slow.

333 hours...that equals 13 days of straight Dungeoneering.

You know when i need to go B.A what happens? The games stop and the consistency ends. Because some players ruin the game for you in one way or another. Either because they have to go, or by leaving the team or whatever. Even when i do everything: be understanding, help out, keep things together, and remind everyone to stay strong as a team---- it always goes down sooner or later.

I can organize a team of 5, and maintain it and cooperate: But time will not always make Dungeoneering team consistent. And i do not want to go around planning "OK, guys Tuesday we will do Dungeoneering!".

Jagex needs to make Dungeoneering solo exp rates the same. Because i know when that happens a [wagon] like you will go do solo right away, because afterall i doubt you give a [bleep] about team Dungeoneering.

I certainly don't give a crap about Team Dungeoneering. I like the skill, but i don't want to kill myself getting VERY SLOW EXP solo.

Well of course I would go solo if solo exp rates were equal to team, why the [bleep] would I waste my time and effort with random teammates when I could do it myself at my speed? I only like team dungeoneering when I'm with friends, as it's more about fun then for me. But I hate w117 dungeoneering too, yet I sucked it up and did larges there when I had to.

Also, 333 hours? Seriously? 6k exp per hour? How slow are you? If you c1 rush 1-20 solo quickly (lets say 50 minutes, 400ish exp each, that's already 8k exp there. Then c6 small rush up to 30 or something, taking 15 minutes each (way too much, but let's just say it does), and let's say 5k exp, that's 20k exp/hr after c1 rushing up to f21. And it'll get higher at the higher floors too. But 6k exp per hour? Do you do meds on f1 and clear everything or something?

Yes, solo dungeoneering is slow, but if you go through the trouble of organizing a team and managing to keep it together, I would say you deserve the higher exp. I hate it myself dearly, but I've come to accept it. Just find a friend and 2:1 rush or something, it's not bad, can reach up to 50k exp/hr easily once you get good at it.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

The "efficiency vs fun" debate rather fails when, according to you, fun f2p dunge means literally HALF the exp. HALF. Frankly, I think I'd have a lot less fun if I dunged solo on f2p, seeing my exp cut in half every dungeon...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Well of course I would go solo if solo exp rates were equal to team, why the [bleep] would I waste my time and effort with random teammates when I could do it myself at my speed? I only like team dungeoneering when I'm with friends, as it's more about fun then for me. But I hate w117 dungeoneering too, yet I sucked it up and did larges there when I had to.

Also, 333 hours? Seriously? 6k exp per hour? How slow are you? If you c1 rush 1-20 solo quickly (lets say 50 minutes, 400ish exp each, that's already 8k exp there. Then c6 small rush up to 30 or something, taking 15 minutes each (way too much, but let's just say it does), and let's say 5k exp, that's 20k exp/hr after c1 rushing up to f21. And it'll get higher at the higher floors too. But 6k exp per hour? Do you do meds on f1 and clear everything or something?

Yes, solo dungeoneering is slow, but if you go through the trouble of organizing a team and managing to keep it together, I would say you deserve the higher exp. I hate it myself dearly, but I've come to accept it. Just find a friend and 2:1 rush or something, it's not bad, can reach up to 50k exp/hr easily once you get good at it.

But it shouldn't be this way. We can't always relay on others or wait for them...

[spoiler=Long Quote]

But it shouldn't be this way. We can't always relay on others or wait for them...

Yeah I know, I've complained many times to friends that a skill shouldn't be helped out by over 3x just for working with others, like a minigame. But well, what can we do but deal with it =/.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

You can't put fun and efficiency together in the mix? ;) I don't see efficiency as a grindfest, it's simply using the best possible methods available to you.

I can put fun and efficiency togethor, but not when the "fun" (and it really isnt that much funner, especially because fun is incredibly subjective), means you lose out on a huge portion of your XP as opposed to simply doing it the fast way.

Infact, if your so obsessed with fun, its downright hipocritical to be obsessed with efficiency as well, because everyones definition of fun is different, you cannot have an efficient way of having "fun".

The current situation with level 3 skillers almost seems like bug abuse.

I'm not in support of level 3 skillers, i already stated that i think its a problem and should be removed. All im saying is that if your worryed about dungeoneering XP, and you want to do it the fast way, your best off doing it with level 3 skillers.

O.O

Yeah I know, I've complained many times to friends that a skill shouldn't be helped out by over 3x just for working with others, like a minigame. But well, what can we do but deal with it =/.

I am gonna make a Dungeoneering clan. Why? Because otherwise i will get nowhere with world 117 and such. Want to join? The beginner requirement is 65 Dungeoneering.