RuneFest Tickets Sold Out & Venue Location

@Dan3HitU

Jagex have said that RuneFest tickets have all been sold out, how many do you think that is?

Also they've said where the venue is, do you think it will be successful?

Activities:

- Archery

- RuneConnect

- Dueling

That's all I know for now, does anyone else know of any?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex are PAYING for everyone's ticket. So that £75 people have paid is getting refunded!

Hi everyone,

Tickets for RuneFest 2010 are now sold out and everyone here at Jagex is really excited about our first ever player event, which will take place on Saturday 28th August within the dungeons of Vinopolis, in central London.

All ticket holders should now have received an email from Ticketmaster regarding the event, so if you purchased a ticket, please check your email for more information.

We would like to say a big “thank you” for purchasing your ticket and we are really looking forward to meeting you next month for the first real-world celebration for the best gaming community in the world.

When we were preparing for RuneFest we looked at what you, the players, would expect from an event and what companies within this space do to give us a guide on ticket price. However, on reflection, we feel that this is a great opportunity for us to meet our most ardent fans and give something back so we will be using money from within our marketing budget to allow ticket holders to enjoy RuneFest 2010 for free by covering the cost of their tickets. We understand that a large number of players are coming from around the world so we hope that this small gesture will help with your travel costs.

We understand that the lack of communication over the past few weeks may have lead to some concern; we are sorry for this and we will be contacting you regularly in the future as we count down to the event.

We look forward to seeing you at RuneFest 2010!

Regards,

Andrew, Mark Gerhard and the RuneFest team

*pops some popcorn*

This is going to get good.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

This is exactly what they need to do, good PR.

Good job Jagex.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Forward, backward, forward, backward. :rolleyes:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I recieved no email about it :\ I'll have to look into places to stay now! (when jagex decide to tell me the details)

Same here. :unsure: Messaged them on twitter asking about it, hope I get a reply soon.

I recieved no email about it :\ I'll have to look into places to stay now! (when jagex decide to tell me the details)

Same here. :unsure: Messaged them on twitter asking about it, hope I get a reply soon.

They said the emails could take a week to be sent out. Details however of location are on the Runescape Official Forums Quick find code: 235-236-330-61280305

Odd step from Jagex - but great too! :) Must be pretty nice for all those who paid out for it to suddenly realise they don't need to spend that £75. ;)

They said the emails could take a week to be sent out. Details however of location are on the Runescape Official Forums Quick find code: 235-236-330-61280305

Oh ok. Thanks Dark. <3:

And the quote of the tickets not costing 75 after all is real? :o

Oh ok. Thanks Dark. <3:

Yes, you'll be getting a refund of that £75

Oh ok. Thanks Dark. <3:

Yes, you'll be getting a refund of that £75

Couldn't they have said that before they were sold-out?

priest_wiz.png

BLARGH.

I get why Jagex did this, it was a nice thing...

BUT IF THEY HADN'T CHARGED £75 IN THE FIRST PLACE I WOULD BE GOING!!!! *cries*

Ouch... *gives shoulder for Racheya to cry on*

BLARGH.

As would everyone and their dog :P

I'm torn on it. I know a lot of people that would have gone if they tickets hadn't been so much on the other hand it's an awesome thing for them to do.

Well at least now they know the most devoted players willing to spend £75 will be going. Its a good little trick. Now however it does make me wish i had taken the leap. Reminds me of the invisible bridge from Indiana Jones.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

BLARGH.

And then they wouldn't have had the most ardent (Or rich...) fans going, would they?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]