RuneFest Tickets Sold Out & Venue Location

@Dan3HitU

I call shenanigans. I doubt enough players bought tickets for them to "sell out." This is probably just a cover-up to save face.

I do think they sold out. A lot of devoted players would really want to go; and maybe even a bunch of casuals just kind of wanting to see what it's about.

EDIT: Lol, I said "casuals." Thanks Deo. :roll:

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow so they charge so high without a location making the overall cost very concerning considering you cannot calculate it. Then once they sold out they both release the location (which of made it more possible to calculate the total cost) and they refund the ticket price anyway? That just isnt cool when you are more than one person to figure out with such a lack of detail. I dont regret not buying the tickets as they were way too vague on the details but wouldnt of minded the extra cost if there was no ticket price. Seems a bit unfair unless you rich enough to jump onto the band wagon without having to think through things. I think it 'could' of been a pleasant day out which I regret to attend due to those reasons.

Its great to make it free but more vital details if nothing else would be nice next time with a ticket cost or not.

The thing I find most offensive is that this doesn't bring the most committed players, it brings the RICHEST players, which doesn't seem like the sort of thing Jagex should be doing given their preference for equality.

Actually, it brings in a subset of the most committed players; the richest. I doubt someone who's rich and yet not a loyal fan of the game would bother to show his face at the event.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

The thing I find most offensive is that this doesn't bring the most committed players, it brings the RICHEST players, which doesn't seem like the sort of thing Jagex should be doing given their preference for equality.

This is the demographic most companies care about.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

So if they said tickets are free, do you think the most devoted fans would be there, or do you think people would hog tickets then sell them when Jagex have no more? :P

So if they said tickets are free, do you think the most devoted fans would be there, or do you think people would hog tickets then sell them when Jagex have no more? :P

They didn't even have to give the tickets out for free in the beginning to show that they care about the players. Just post something like "We're working on the pricing on the ticket and see how much we can subsidie the cost, to make it more affordable for you, the players", release the ticket for say, 20 bucks each (without that silly in-game item), and I'm sure many would be willing to pay, and we might see a healthier discussion about the event.

Instead, we had what we had; expensive ticket pricing, controversial 'gift', and refunding of the ticket cost right when the tickets were sold out. :rolleyes:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I would like to thank Jagex for doing this.

I bought a ticket and at the time i could afford, but am now a single mum, and money is tight. This is a welcome relief- i can now use that money for a hotel for 2 nights, rather than going and coming back the same day.

I am really looking forward to this event now- and meeting people i am familiar with ingame =D>

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

:o speechless

I got my ticket though, see you there.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Brilliant move. Fair, no. But brilliant. They get good PR for letting people in free, find out they can sell out the event even at a pretty steep price which lets them know they could potentially go higher next time and, assuming they're selling merch at the event, people will feel like they can buy it because they were originally going to pay so much, which means there will likely be even more advertisement from people having stuff branded with the Jagex logo.

Unless the event sucks, in which case it could all backfire.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I really take offense at everyone saying this sort of thing. I care enough about going to warrant working a few extra hours to pay for it. I am a full time student who is pro-active and finds work during the holidays. And 75 quid really isnt a whole lot... One or two shifts at work.

You don't have to be rich to rustle up £75...

I really take offense at everyone saying this sort of thing. I care enough about going to warrant working a few extra hours to pay for it. I am a full time student who is pro-active and finds work during the holidays. And 75 quid really isnt a whole lot... One or two shifts at work.

You don't have to be rich to rustle up £75...

Stop beating the "I'm poor life isn't fair" drum. Do what the rest of us do when we need money. Work. The few exceptions would be the disabled who can't, or those not old enough.

Not to mention the simple fact that life isn't fair anyways. If I had wanted to come, I'd have had to cough up quite a bit more then 75 quid to get a round trip ticket, and for lodgings for the time I am there.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I agree, 75 is like one or two work day for somebody like me at most. If I live near the place I will definitely go. Even if just to meet some people who play RS :P

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I'm not complaining that the tickets were £75, I'm complaining that people are somehow suggesting that only the *dedicated* players are going to be there which is totally wrong. The dedicated people who can AFFORD it will.

Don't forget, getting down there is more than just £75 since not everyone lives in London <_<

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I'm not complaining that the tickets were £75, I'm complaining that people are somehow suggesting that only the *dedicated* players are going to be there which is totally wrong. The dedicated people who can AFFORD it will.

Don't forget, getting down there is more than just £75 since not everyone lives in London <_<

Yup.

How is this different than anything in life? Some people are poor, some people are rich, some people are in the middle. It's not Jagex's responsibility to hand out financial help and create an event for all ages and all financial ranges.

It's like the Runescape population is just discovering that some things in life are unfair. Juvenile much?

Jagex is about equality when they can control it (ie in a video game that they created). When Jagex is making a real-life event they cant change the rules of society and make everything free. The fact that they are refunding it is surprising but not an impossible gesture of goodwill. Simply put, they probably got sponsors to cover costs or they decided to spend the money for RuneFest as part of their marketing budget. They aren't evil, they aren't nice. They are simply a business, and they have to cover their costs and organize an event to the best of their abilities.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I'm not saying that the costs are unfair or anything. I already said that. What I'm saying is that people are wrong to suggest that the people attending will only be devoted Runescape players, when it's going to be just the players that can afford it. I'm not complaining since I'm not thick and I know how the world works, but I'm just clearing up the misconception that people seem to have.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I should have bought a ticket to recieve a free flag. :roll:

Really. This is the last stinking detail left to be reconciled in the RuneFest saga.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Again, I'm not saying that the costs are unfair or anything. I already said that. What I'm saying is that people are wrong to suggest that the people attending will only be devoted Runescape players, when it's going to be just the players that can afford it. I'm not complaining since I'm not thick and I know how the world works, but I'm just clearing up the misconception that people seem to have.

Because people who care nothing about runescape would SOOO blow 75 quid on a ticket.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]