Vuvuzelas in runescape ?

parthenorius

Oh now I know what those are! People talked about them forever, and I've always meant to yt them to see what they sounded like. Not sure how that can be called an instrument...

It's just like a trumpet, except the same sound over and over.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh now I know what those are! People talked about them forever, and I've always meant to yt them to see what they sounded like. Not sure how that can be called an instrument...

It makes a sound. Therfor a instrument.

Don't be asinine, you know what I meant. I don't really consider kuzoos instruments either, even though theres like 20 people in the world who seriously play them.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Well, no matter how it looks or sounds. If you use your hands, mouth, eyes, whatever. To make it do some kind of sound. It is called an instrument.

Taken from the wikipedia.

A musical instrument is constructed or used for the purpose of making the sounds of music. In principle, anything that produces sound can serve as a musical instrument.

Its FOOTBALL .. you see they play with their feet and a ball, not hugging the ball and running around, barely using their feet .. tl;dr - FOOTBALL.

>running around

>barely using their feet

Does not compute. :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football (and they dare call that thing ... football)

Hey, if you want someone to compare Soccer to American Football look no further than Monty Python's John Cleese :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sD_8prYOxo

So any years and he still hasn't lost it :mrgreen:

If they ever had voices to Runescape, this guy has to be WOM

I like the line about football having [bleep] Chenney's version of creativity DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TOLD, the rest was dull like soccer.

Soccer just isn't going to catch on in america because its boring to watch compared to other sports.

Too many whistle blows, too much diving and faking injury, too much standing around while one guy walks with the ball in front of him, so many punchless 0-0 ties, and way too many people dieing in stampedes at those trashy European stadiums (seriously, WTF is that all about).

I'd rather watch beer commercials....

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Its FOOTBALL .. you see they play with their feet and a ball, not hugging the ball and running around, barely using their feet .. tl;dr - FOOTBALL.

>running around

>barely using their feet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football (and they dare call that thing ... football)

Hey, if you want someone to compare Soccer to American Football look no further than Monty Python's John Cleese :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sD_8prYOxo

So any years and he still hasn't lost it :mrgreen:

If they ever had voices to Runescape, this guy has to be WOM

I like the line about football having [bleep] Chenney's version of creativity DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TOLD, the rest was dull like soccer.

Soccer just isn't going to catch on in america because its boring to watch compared to other sports.

Too many whistle blows, too much diving and faking injury, too much standing around while one guy walks with the ball in front of him, so many punchless 0-0 ties, and way too many people dieing in stampedes at those trashy European stadiums (seriously, WTF is that all about).

I'd rather watch beer commercials....

Now those are funny. :thumbup:

Spaz4010.png

Uhhhh...... What is a Vuvuzela?

Good job being totally ignorant of current events

Or not caring about a BS sport. I mean I hate to break it to you but very few people care about soccer here in America.

And you may someday realize that "America" isn't the majority of the world: america is a tiny fraction of world population. Along with that profound newly gained insight, you may also discover that the football world cup is the largest sporting event besides the summer olympics, baseball is a tiny sport (smaller than cricket by most reckonings), american football rugby and aussie rules should standardize their own rules to become a world sport, and most importantly: that global culture and international interests are much more important than the ethnocentric, exportative and exploitative american views that make up foreign policy. By then you will have realized that your american cultural bubble is bliss in its overbrearing ignorance.

tl;dr: the internet isn't america, get off your high horse.

It's also sad that the easter-egg features of runescape are always removed afterwards: no klenodiums, content wasted once removed.

>running around

>barely using their feet

You seem to have missed my point entirely.....probably cause you're an ignorant soccer fan You say running around, then you say they barely use their feet.... So what are they running on?!?! :wall:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

>running around

>barely using their feet

http://en.wikipedia....erican_football (and they dare call that thing ... football)

You seem to have missed my point entirely.....probably cause you're an ignorant soccer fan You say running around, then you say they barely use their feet.... So what are they running on?!?! :wall:

Oh come on. Very nearly all ball sports involve running, that's not using your feet. That's using your legs.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It appears the topic has changed from "O hey, Jagex put vuvuzelas into Runescape! Cool/lame/disgusting/some other form of reaction" to "RAAAARGGH IT'S SOCCER NOT FOOTBALL (or vice versa)"

Seriously, people. IT'S A NAME FOR A SPORT. WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT IT'S CALLED? They're both lame anyways...

a70c7.png

Man this is getting off topic...

I really don't know how some of you Americans are saying the World Cup isn't big in the U.S.... I live in the middle of Kansas and I know almost everything about it. If you watch any news at all or pay attention to anything but the few internet sites you regularly visit you'd know. It's constantly on ESPN and news shows like the Today Show. Oh, and I want that octopus to pick me some winning numbers for the lottery.

pongr.png

I felt inspired. :P

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LJNMrgKPUAo

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

>running around

>barely using their feet

http://en.wikipedia....erican_football (and they dare call that thing ... football)

Oh come on. Very nearly all ball sports involve running, that's not using your feet. That's using your legs.

I don't see any pro football players out there with no feet. Pretty sure theres a reason for that. They kinda help you run. :wink:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

For all the stupid Americans that are talking about the World Cup not being important, let me just tell you that i'm American and have absolutely no interest in soccer, yet I am fully aware of Vuvuzelas and the final match-ups.

It's called reading the news.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

lol...it sometime blow out a few note of the runescape theme instead :)

is that temporary too?..i'm new to glassblowing...

Believe I read somewhere they will be removing the sounds with the next update, so yeah temporary thing.

Also lol at the picture above. :P

For all the stupid Americans that are talking about the World Cup not being important, let me just tell you that i'm American and have absolutely no interest in soccer, yet I am fully aware of Vuvuzelas and the final match-ups.

Reading the news, huh? Find me the word "vuvuzela" on any of these front pages (or any other legitimate new source).

Yahoo: Top Stories

MSN: Top Stories

CNN: Top Stories

Time: Top Stories

Not everyone clicks the sports tab and certainly NO ONE will randomly search for a word as obscure as "vuvuzela." Just because someone doesn't care about a sport, doesn't mean they're stupid. Where will it get you in life knowing who won the World Cup in 1966 (or 2010 for that matter)? Oh, it won't get you anywhere.

Instead of being so condescending, why don't you help the unenlightened learn? Perhaps it's because you're an arrogant individual who thinks he's better than everyone else. Wake up, you're not. Get over yourself and learn not to be an ass to everyone you talk to.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Reading the news, huh? Find me the word "vuvuzela" on any of these front pages (or any other legitimate new source).

Not everyone clicks the sports tab and certainly NO ONE will randomly search for a word as obscure as "vuvuzela." Just because someone doesn't care about a sport, doesn't mean they're stupid. Where will it get you in life knowing who won the World Cup in 1966 (or 2010 for that matter)? Oh, it won't get you anywhere.

Instead of being so condescending, why don't you help the unenlightened learn? Perhaps it's because you're an arrogant individual who thinks he's better than everyone else. Wake up, you're not. Get over yourself and learn not to be an ass to everyone you talk to.

After a 5 second search on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/07/10/uae.vuvuzela.ban/index.html?iref=allsearch

Ya... one of the thousand examples I can give you of the news mentioning the World Cup and Vuvuzelas. If you're implying that everyone is equal and no one is more intelligent than anyone else, you're hilariously wrong. People who don't read the news on a regular basis (searching Vuvuzela isn't reading the news) are ignorant and stupid.

In the past 3 weeks i've read about 4 or 5 stories mentioning Vuvuzelas on the news.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

After a 5 second search on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/07/10/uae.vuvuzela.ban/index.html?iref=allsearch

Ya... one of the thousand examples I can give you of the news mentioning the World Cup and Vuvuzelas. If you're implying that everyone is equal and no one is more intelligent than anyone else, you're hilariously wrong. People who don't read the news on a regular basis (searching Vuvuzela isn't reading the news) are ignorant and stupid.

In the past 3 weeks i've read about 4 or 5 stories mentioning Vuvuzelas on the news.

Wouldn't it be "read in the news" or "watched on the news", not "read on the news"?

Soldin_911.png

I can personally tell you that at times all of those sources except for "time" has had a front page article on the vuvuzelas. "Time" might have but i dont check there much so idk.

Saying someone is ignorant for not reading about something that doesn't interest them is INCREDIBLY ignorant of you. :rolleyes:

-I literally mentioned in my post that no one is going to search for a term as obscure as Vuvuzela.

-Reading the news (or watching) ESPECIALLY in the instance of sports =/= intelligence. If I saw a word like "Ongadio" in the title of an article, I probably wouldn't click it, as I don't care. If it was something important that I needed to know about, it would not only be mentioned on every news site, but many times on each (e.g. the oil spill).

-I never said everyone is equal in intelligence, nor did I make an implication of it. You are an intelligent individual. However, you don't need to make an ass out of yourself to try and make others feel less intelligent (or perhaps to make yourself feel more so :rolleyes: ). I suspect college as your source for being so condescending, but that's simply a guess.

-If someone doesn't know about something do you:

A.) Call them ignorant for not knowing

or

B.) Provide a short explanation (thus removing said ignorance)

If you hate ignorance, your best bet would be B for obvious reasons :thumbup:

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato