Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Elitist Jerks: Why we DON'T want YOU

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,506 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Ok, would you take a lvl 102 too poor to afford zspear to corp with you and your 5 man team?

Nope edited my post too.

I suppose in the realm of dungeoneering and boss monster hunting, elitism is valid. In that same breath maybe with certain mini games too (levels dont equate knowledge they do equate power, so PC might make sense but trouble brewing not so much.

However other then that elitism has no place, a 138 is not any more knowledgeable then your average level 80.

Which is what OP was originally complaining about

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath

However other then that elitism has no place, a 138 is not any more knowledgeable then your average level 80.

Which is what OP was originally complaining about

No, the OP wasent complaining about anything. Infact he said a 138 is almost certainly more knowledgable than a level 50.

While true, combined with the generally idiotic nature of said OP, as well as the elitism so rampant in his posts, doesnt really give him much credibility.
O.O

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts
Uhm care to explain why it is valid, why should you go for "best experience" or "best profit", instead of "most fun"..

You know it's annoying if people ignore my post, and simply say "it's valid'.

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Poopingman
[ Display Name History ]

Poopingman

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Poopingman
Not sure what point the OP is going for here, but it does somewhat segway into another obvious point I've noticed. As the game continues to get easier and Jagex finds new ways to hold our collective hand, the disparity between the ambiguous level 50 and level 130+ continues to blur. Going back wow, at least 6, 7 years at this point there was an expectation of maturity, not so much intellect, from higher level players. Sure they were at times difficult to snare into conversation, but you always knew what to expect, and it made sense on most levels.

Now, anyone's guess is as good as mine. Just one example was a level 110 begging for 100gp at a sparsely-occupied bank. Times are definitely changin'
Metal fans, check out my band!
Posted Image
Still the King....

noble_aloof
[ Display Name History ]

noble_aloof

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,326 posts
  • RSN:Noble Aloof
  • Clan:Fenghahe's Elite Investing Guild
makes no sense.. getting a little senile ?
Staking: 4+ mil
Current Status: Training defense

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts
Wow i expected this to die by now.
What my original rant on was ranting at noobs who don't understand elitism. I guess the title was written improperly. What I meant to say was why elitist exist and why noobs should gtfo.

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.
I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.
PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.
My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

What my original rant on was ranting at noobs who don't understand elitism. I guess the title was written improperly. What I meant to say was why elitist exist and why noobs should gtfo.

No i believe thats what people have been saying OP is stupid about this whole time.

Elitism DOES have a place, in all the examples in my previous post.

Other then that elitism is rude and arrogant. Simply put a 138 with maxed out stats is no more knowledgeable then I am. All they have done differently then me is click 100k more times per 99. I dont know what the next 100k clicks will teach you that the previous 100k havent but im more then certain the answer is nothing.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

No i believe thats what people have been saying OP is stupid about this whole time.

Elitism DOES have a place, in all the examples in my previous post.

Other then that elitism is rude and arrogant. Simply put a 138 with maxed out stats is no more knowledgeable then I am. All they have done differently then me is click 100k more times per 99. I dont know what the next 100k clicks will teach you that the previous 100k havent but im more then certain the answer is nothing.

Elitism may be rude and arrogant in your opinion, but it's always better to be better than everyone else. And for the record, those 100k clicks teach you patience, incredible patience, more than most people could ever do.

Im also a higher level then OP and im telling him to shut up, therefor your arguement is invalid

Just cause you clicked more times does not mean your smarter then someone else .... after a certain point. Even if it did there is no reason to be arrogant and rude. Honestly IRL if someone did this they would publicly be known as a jackass (Kanye West for example)

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts

why noobs should gtfo.

More elitism

????
O.O

Rock Hard
[ Display Name History ]

Rock Hard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,652 posts
  • RSN:Rock Hard
  • RSN2:Rock s Hard
i think its important to keep in mind the incredible stupidity of the op
'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Posted Image

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
Yes, it might be inviting insanity to actually try and have a logical conversation.
O.O

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
It just might be insane that higher level players are generally smarter than lower levels.

Rock Hard
[ Display Name History ]

Rock Hard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,652 posts

It just might be insane that higher level players are generally smarter than lower levels.

yeh man im smarter than you at magic and range but you're way smarter than me at def

what
'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Posted Image

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
Would a 138 know more about general runescape than a 52?

Rock Hard
[ Display Name History ]

Rock Hard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,652 posts

Would a 138 know more about general runescape than a 52?

you said higher 'generally smarter'

'smart' is a synonym of 'intelligent'

intelligence has v little to do with 'general runescape knowledge' m8

that wasn't a very smart thing to say :cool:

Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

Your not smarter then me lol.

I dont care if your total was 2400+ i still know as much as you do

and a level 52 who has a few hours to look at the wiki could have as much general knowledge of an experienced player.

This games lore is a joke, this games gameplay is too. Look at a few guides that say the most efficient way to train or make money and your on the same knowledge level as a pro.

[/thread]

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
Do you know what generally means?
If you were to pick someone to compete in a rs trivia contest, who would you pick?

Rock Hard
[ Display Name History ]

Rock Hard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,652 posts

If you were to pick someone to compete in a rs trivia contest, who would you pick?

'generally' isnt the problem lol, it's the word 'smarter' and the fact that you aren't smart enough to realize what it means - even after having the dictionary definition quoted to you

trivia has nothing to do with 'general smartness' heh :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

Neither. 138 spends most of their time getting xp so wouldnt likely get some tricky trivia questions

While the 52 might not have seen some of the areas the questions would involve.

My money would be on a 100-115 1500-2000 total player, as someone who would have the most general knowledge

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts
Level = maturity, more often than not. Sure, there are level 138s who are total [bleep]s, but often, higher levels are more mature. Reason being is that it takes YEARS to get 2k+ total. And usually, with age comes maturity.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users