Elitist Jerks: Why we DON'T want YOU

Owned_Nex

It just might be insane that higher level players are generally smarter than lower levels.

yeh man im smarter than you at magic and range but you're way smarter than me at def

what

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Would a 138 know more about general runescape than a 52?

you said higher 'generally smarter'

'smart' is a synonym of 'intelligent'

[hide]

smart (smärt)

adj. smart·er, smart·est

a. Characterized by sharp quick thought; bright. See Synonyms at intelligent.

b. Amusingly clever; witty: a smart quip; a lively, smart conversation.

c. Impertinent; insolent: That's enough of your smart talk.

2. Energetic or quick in movement: a smart pace.

3. Canny and shrewd in dealings with others: a smart negotiator.

4. Fashionable; elegant: a smart suit; a smart restaurant; the smart set. See Synonyms at fashionable.

a. Capable of making adjustments that resemble human decisions, especially in response to changing circumstances: smart missiles.

b. Manufactured to regulate the amount of light transmitted in response to varying light conditions or to an electronic sensor or control unit: smart windows.

[/hide]

intelligence has v little to do with 'general runescape knowledge' m8

that wasn't a very smart thing to say :cool:

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Do you know what generally means?

If you were to pick someone to compete in a rs trivia contest, who would you pick?

'generally' isnt the problem lol, it's the word 'smarter' and the fact that you aren't smart enough to realize what it means - even after having the dictionary definition quoted to you

trivia has nothing to do with 'general smartness' heh :rolleyes:

Rock_Hard.png

Level = maturity, more often than not. Sure, there are level 138s who are total [bleep]s, but often, higher levels are more mature. Reason being is that it takes YEARS to get 2k+ total. And usually, with age comes maturity.

td2sig.jpg

Elitism. Everywhere in Runescape, elitism occurs. Speaking from a point of view of someone who generally has the upper hand in the 130+ bracket, I've complied a few reasons why, unlike most people(who, by the way happen to be lower leveled), think is wrong.

1. Experience. We've all heard that levels don't mean anything, and that intellect>combat levels. While I agree this is true, I don't see why someone can't be both high leveled and experienced. Pick two people off the streets of Runescape. One level 138 and one level 50. Ask them to explain to you how something like lootshare, the GE, or farming circuits work. Ask them which potion boosts herblore in Dungoneering. You'll find that most of the time a higher leveled person has much more intellect and is actually legally playing.

2. Its not right. I think this mainly comes from the illegal community of people under 13. After that I would think you would have realized that life isn't fair.

3. Private Chat: Friends. I don't want someone PMing me about how they need money, or a question they are too lazy to look up. I am the most lazy person in existence. If you won't look it up I won't answer.

Noobs can gtfo now, because I just ran out of prayer potions so I'm going to pay attention to the actual game.

There we go. My rant is done, so bring on the flame. Slayer is boring.

HELL NO YOU [bleep]ING DIDN'T

287b5w.jpg

Level = maturity, more often than not. Sure, there are level 138s who are total [bleep]s, but often, higher levels are more mature. Reason being is that it takes YEARS to get 2k+ total. And usually, with age comes maturity.

The most mature players you will likely find on Runescape are those who are 30 years or older. Work, family, and other adult responsibilities tend to mature people, but they also tend to allow for very little time spent on Runescape. Hence, the most mature players out there are not likely to be very high-leveled as well.

You usually get better at something if you do it for a longer period of time. High levels have spent more time doing stuff. They're usually better at it. As such you'd prefer a higher level with a certain dun level over a low level with the same dun level, as they're usually better at runescape in general and have more useful stats.

Also nefelia assumes that you need to be in your 20s/30s or something to be able to act mature which is nonsense ofc.

2dvjurb.png

Also nefelia assumes that you need to be in your 20s/30s or something to be able to act mature which is nonsense ofc.

Actually no, this isn't nonsense:

It has been shown often that the prefrontal cortex of the brain is still deploying until around the age of 20. This part of the brain holds the part which helps by controlling emotional and impulsive behaviour. (while the part that controls primitive reactions and thus creates impulsive behaviour employs between the age of 12-18). Thus it is simply shown that somebody from age 20+ has more maturity (maturity is being able to control yourself when being tainted) than somebody before that age.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

That only holds value if you also believe a higher percentage of lower levels (<130) is over 20 compared to the percentage of people >130 that are over 20 (and thus more mature).

Personally, when I see a lv 110 character I don't assume they're more mature than that 136 I just saw. But that might just be me.

2dvjurb.png

That only holds value if you also believe a higher percentage of lower levels (<130) is over 20 compared to the percentage of people >130 that are over 20 (and thus more mature).

Personally, when I see a lv 110 character I don't assume they're more mature than that 136 I just saw. But that might just be me.

As explained people who are older have a life with lots of commitments.

I'm not really sure but now that I'm studying (and the closer I get to finishing the more) I really don't have time apart from during holidays to play games more than 2-3 hours a week. And I can't see anyone with a full time job having much more time than that. What is considered "high level" is getting faster away from me than that I could catch up. People still in primary sometimes play in excess over 20 hours a week. They don't have to satisfy the many real life commitments older people have to. (study, cleaning/repairing house after storm, getting diner, working out taxes) They all might not seem as long activities but together they eat your time..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

As explained people who are older have a life with lots of commitments.

I'm not really sure but now that I'm studying (and the closer I get to finishing the more) I really don't have time apart from during holidays to play games more than 2-3 hours a week. And I can't see anyone with a full time job having much more time than that. What is considered "high level" is getting faster away from me than that I could catch up. People still in primary sometimes play in excess over 20 hours a week. They don't have to satisfy the many real life commitments older people have to. (study, cleaning/repairing house after storm, getting diner, working out taxes) They all might not seem as long activities but together they eat your time..

you're forgetting a lot of 'older' players are 'older players' because they have been playing since their childhood - and have had plenty of time to build up high leveled characters

Rock_Hard.png

For those of you who think high levels = more mature...

Go to the RateThis! section of this board, and you'll find yourself wrong. :rolleyes:

So if a high level player rates you low, they're immature? :-k Maybe your post sucked, idk.

For those of you who think high levels = more mature...

Go to the RateThis! section of this board, and you'll find yourself wrong. :rolleyes:

So if a high level player rates you low, they're immature? :-k Maybe your post sucked, idk.

Not that, mostly the amount of spam in there lol.

Staurolite.png

Elitist Jerks, hehe reminded me of that WoW guild/forums. Anyway mature people are going to be mature whether there playing a low level or high level. However, the high level argument is somewhat valid based off the fact that it usually takes

a couple years to get to be a high level. For example I started playing in 2002, granted I stil suck, but thats besides the point. I am 8 years older and therefore hopefully slightly more mature than I was at age 8. Back to my first point though,

I may be 8 years older but my levels don't show it. You might assume that I'm some 12 year old?