Before Jagex increases the level caps to 120 ...

Lugia_Lvl138

Jagex already stated that Dungeoneering is meant to be an end-game skill. Eventually, the content will fill up all levels and it will be the skill that people will keep coming back to level.

Eventually the content will fill up.

As it is now, theres no reason for 120.

O.O

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh man too much stuff to read allredy...

anyway, if at any point jagex desides to raise caps, maybe not to 120, 110?, thay should have the curent gaps filled, at least half way and fill the rest with the higher levels stuff.

but asumeing thay do fill it in a way most players are happy with, i dont think 120 in every skill would be a good idea. it should be made clear that d'nearing is the skill of skills and has a higher level then others.

but i see no problem with raiseing the caps to a lesser amount, level 100 could be the new 99 (all that would change is skill cpaes are worth 1k more gp and it would add another few mill of xp).

in the end, as long as the gaps are filled and skills are not raised too much. things will be good.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Jagex already stated that Dungeoneering is meant to be an end-game skill. Eventually, the content will fill up all levels and it will be the skill that people will keep coming back to level.

Eventually the content will fill up.

As it is now, theres no reason for 120.

Yes... that's what I said. The point of an MMO is that it can receive constant updates, I don't see what you're complaining about. You wanted Jagex to release a lvl 60 skill, then bring it to 99 with Batch 2, then bring it to 120 later? Nice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Gerhard has already said that they wanted Dungeoneering to be special in its own way as a skill, and that the 120 cap was one of their ways of doing that.

None of the other skills are being upgraded to 120. This has been confirmed and stated numerous times by Jagex.

/Thread.

If you remember, Jagex introduced 'dragon plates' in Draynor with Diango which was a way of saying that there wouldn't be dragon platebodies, and also I believe that they said a few times that they weren't going to introduce them, but they did. Who knows if they're going to turn around in a year or six months and say 'oh yeah, all skill caps up to 120'?

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Yes... that's what I said. The point of an MMO is that it can receive constant updates, I don't see what you're complaining about. You wanted Jagex to release a lvl 60 skill, then bring it to 99 with Batch 2, then bring it to 120 later? Nice.

But by that logic, why wouldnt you make ALL skills level 120, because there all obviously going to get updates later!

I honestly dont see why dungeoneering would ever need 120, but whatever, unless they made floor 60 or something, but that would just be lazy and i dont see why they couldnt do it with level 99.

I'm not really complaining about anything, as it doesnt effect me as im not trying to max out and never will. I'm just questioning the logic in making a skill with 120 when the content only goes up to 70.

O.O

But by that logic, why wouldnt you make ALL skills level 120, because there all obviously going to get updates later!

I honestly dont see why dungeoneering would ever need 120, but whatever, unless they made floor 60 or something, but that would just be lazy and i dont see why they couldnt do it with level 99.

I'm not really complaining about anything, as it doesnt effect me as im not trying to max out and never will. I'm just questioning the logic in making a skill with 120 when the content only goes up to 70.

Except I (and Jagex) already stated why Dungeoneering was the only one to be 120. Scroll up.

Except I (and Jagex) already stated why Dungeoneering was the only one to be 120. Scroll up.

But why does it NEED to be 120?

We all know dung is the only one that will be 120 (at least, if jagex isnt lieing), im just wondering why it should be 120?

Does it need 120, other than to please the "heavy players" (Really bad justification, thats like halving XP gain just to please the "heavy players")

Personally, i think even smithing is more deserving of 120 than dung is. Simply because all the rune stuff gets lumped in at level 99 :D

O.O

But why does it NEED to be 120?

We all know dung is the only one that will be 120 (at least, if jagex isnt lieing), im just wondering why it should be 120?

Does it need 120, other than to please the "heavy players" (Really bad justification, thats like halving XP gain just to please the "heavy players")

Personally, i think even smithing is more deserving of 120 than dung is. Simply because all the rune stuff gets lumped in at level 99 :D

I believe they said that there would be 60-62 floors, with the final floor being secret, and where we fight Bilrach. Or maybe that was a TIF'er, but they justified level 120 really well...

2dgucz6.png

Mark Gerhard has already said that they wanted Dungeoneering to be special in its own way as a skill, and that the 120 cap was one of their ways of doing that.

None of the other skills are being upgraded to 120. This has been confirmed and stated numerous times by Jagex.

/Thread.

If you remember, Jagex introduced 'dragon plates' in Draynor with Diango which was a way of saying that there wouldn't be dragon platebodies, and also I believe that they said a few times that they weren't going to introduce them, but they did. Who knows if they're going to turn around in a year or six months and say 'oh yeah, all skill caps up to 120'?

That was also what, five, six years down the line from when they made that announcement? By the time Dragon Platebodies released, there were a ton of armors that were better than dragon, and their reasoning for changing it was people were asking for the set to be completed, as dragon was no longer the special armor Jagex once wanted it to be.

So going by your example, it will be around 2015 by the time Jagex bumps up all the skills to 120. More than enough time to fill in the skill gaps.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I think Jagex would be devoting most of their resources to the upcoming Stellar Dawn in 2011 rather than re-working the flaws of RuneScape. It's been 9 years, and you know that some of the flaws are too late to be fixed. Why would they even bother with increasing the level caps of other skills to 120 when filling them with content up to level 99 is already so painstakingly slow?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I think Jagex would be devoting most of their resources to the upcoming Stellar Dawn in 2011 rather than re-working the flaws of RuneScape. It's been 9 years, and you know that some of the flaws are too late to be fixed. Why would they even bother with increasing the level caps of other skills to 120 when filling them with content up to level 99 is already so painstakingly slow?

They have a completely new team working on Stellar Dawn. This is the same whining that happened with FunOrb, nothing on Runescape is being delayed because of Stellar Dawn.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

They have a completely new team working on Stellar Dawn. This is the same whining that happened with FunOrb, nothing on Runescape is being delayed because of Stellar Dawn.

Let me rephrase what I wanted to say.

Stellar Dawn is going to be the new focus for Jagex (unless it fails THAT badly). They've also hinted that Dungeons of Daemonheim-ing as the skill of skills, and adding a new skill after it would be unlikely. A few skills have content full right up to 99 from the beginning, while others received updates recently to fill the gaps. If there's any intention to increase the caps to 120, those skills would have been the first to do so.

It's not even realistic to add content from 100-120, based on their regular schedule. Updating all 24 skills in a single week? Impossible. Update one skill per week for a total of 24 weeks, which would average out to 2 updates per month if it's done in a year? Still impossible. Update one skill per month over the course of two years? Unlikely. Take 3-5 years instead? I might as well play a whole new game.

It's not about whether anything on RuneScape is being delayed, and chances are they're not. It's the lack of practicality in adding content at levels that the average player cannot attain, and the feeling I get that Jagex is in the end-game mode right now. Release some new quests and activities and try to sustain membership count.

EDIT: Not to mention the wrath of players who realised that their cape at 99 becomes a normal cape, and they have to work till 120 for the 'true' skillcape. :rolleyes:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

[i think Jagex would be devoting most of their resources to the upcoming Stellar Dawn in 2011 rather than re-working the flaws of RuneScape. It's been 9 years, and you know that some of the flaws are too late to be fixed. Why would they even bother with increasing the level caps of other skills to 120 when filling them with content up to level 99 is already so painstakingly slow?

I agree completely. At this point, I think the core design of Runescape has been locked in. It's always going to be a grinding based game, with click-and-wait combat, with mouse-based controls, buyable content, etc. The updates for Runescape are just going to be added content for the core game (in the form of quests, skills *maybe*, activities, interface updates, graphics updates, etc).

The core design enhancements (dynamic combat, interactive storyline, etc) are the type of things that are going to be worked on in Stellar Dawn. Jagex has always stated that MechScape/Stellar Dawn came about because everyone wanted to make a game with the lessons they learned from Runescape.

Perfect example: (Note: This is a MechScape interview with the old Head of MechScape, Henrique Olifiers. Some details could be subject to change as Stellar Dawn is a new game)

2wd6fyc.png

I agree with Shady on the "core design", but I think instead of increasing level caps they'll just keep pumping out new skills. TBH, I prefer this - would you rather get 99 in a new skill or an extra long 20 levels in a skill you mastered ages ago?

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

I agree with Shady on the "core design", but I think instead of increasing level caps they'll just keep pumping out new skills. TBH, I prefer this - would you rather get 99 in a new skill or an extra long 20 levels in a skill you mastered ages ago?

Ya, I definitely agree with that as well. I'd rather have more skills than just adding more content to the old, boring ones.

Didn't read past the first page so I apologize if someone has already brought this up, but what happens to the people who already have 200M xp in those skills? Do they instantly get a level boost to 120? I can't see any skills that are already in the game being raised to 120.

Didn't read past the first page so I apologize if someone has already brought this up, but what happens to the people who already have 200M xp in those skills? Do they instantly get a level boost to 120? I can't see any skills that are already in the game being raised to 120.

Jagex isn't going to boost it to level 120, allegedly, but yes. Level 120 is "only" something like 108m xp, so 200m xp is well over level 120.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Jagex isn't going to boost it to level 120, allegedly, but yes. Level 120 is "only" something like 108m xp, so 200m xp is well over level 120.

What level would that make 200m?

2dgucz6.png

What level would that make 200m?

126, with 56% xp to level 127.

Runescape has been on the decline for quite some time now. of course, with only one 99 skill perhaps my opinion does not hold as much weight as those with multiple 99's.. but honestly i think runescape might be done for a year or two or three in terms of new skills. i'm not saying that new content is over (obviously) but i doubt any key game mechanics are going to be changed. 120 skills besides dung will never happen (and if they ever do happen, feel free to quote this post). If stellar dawn really takes off i can see the runescape team being cut down to about 20-40% of its current size aswell as the player base greatly declining( i understand the dev teams are completely seperate). enjoy the remaining years because before you know it you'll be looking back on runescape wondering why you stuck around for so long. MMOs from all over are stealing the spotlight. just about every mmo that comes out is stealing a small, even microscopic percentage of runescape's long term fan-base. jagex has surely realized that their time is limited and imo they timed an endgame skill perfectly.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

actualy theyve never once said they wont do it

theyve said they could do it, but they currently arent planning for it

i think enough positive support for it could push for it, i mean if loads of players said lets do it im sure it would get thru eventualy

once upon a time they said they had no plans on making dragon pl8 but tons of people wanted it so after 2 years they did

Actually they have stated numerous times that they have no intention to raise the level cap on any other skills to 120. This was clearly stated a few times alone in the Q&A Session upon the release of Dungeonering. Of course, all things are subject to change at the whim of the Jagex team. So it is possible, should they decide to raise the cap one day. That being said, Jagex has no intention of doing so at this time.

Oh_Be_Wise.png

Oh_Be_Wise.png

Oh_Be_Wise.png

I don't think Jagex will raise the level cap to 120. And if they do, it won't be until far away in the future, when we probably don't need to worry about that all skills haven't got content up to level 99.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

120 will never happen. Its just a dungeon thing. Its such a big skill I can see how someone could easily get to 99 and then keep doing it for rewards. So because of that why not just raise the max cap? Sure its about 8 times harder and 5 times longer(pulled those number out of my hat) but I think it works because this "skill" is really just life a minigame with a level attached to it. Not to undermine the hugeness of the skill though, but it is really unique. I say 120 works here, but nowhere else. The game just can't handle level 120. It would be like agility level 120 would instantly regen run speed and there would be a shortcut in the northern shilo village wall for nature rune crafting. Then runecrafting would end up being like 20 air runes per essance and along the line triple nature runes and double blood runes and a new soul rune alter. Games like stealing creation would have people running around 1 hit killing with super strength, or super magic and ranged, or tanking in with 120 defense and over 1000 LP distracting the other team and pickpocketing. Smithing would obviously get dragon smithing, and dragon item prices would fall and monster killing would have no purpose without dragon loot at the current price range. Madness I say! I like the way things are. I can't even grind to 99, why should I have to grind to 120 to be maxed out? I would rage quit. :P

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\