Level 4(elite) clue scroll discussion.

xpx

lvl 1 clue scrolls : green d'hide and black armor

lvl 2 clue scrolls : green d'hide and adamant armor

lvl 3 clue scrolls : black d'hide and rune armor

Any ideas what will be the 'base' drop of the lvl 4 scrolls?

Discuss plz :thumbup:

with 100% drops it is likely base drops will be removed, who would do the clue once they knew for 100% that they would recievie a rune pickaxe and 10 purple firelighters?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's hope that more than extremely high leveled monsters drop them. That would be somewhat unfair to avid Treasure Trailers, especially if those people are of lower levels.

Hopefully they'll have high level thieving, etc ways to get level fours as well.

That's right, forgot you can thieve for clues, as well. ;)

The problem with thieving is that the only level at which something like this could be obtained at would be 99, and still be very rare at that, with sufficient risk involved(maybe pharoh spectre like) and still those low levels would have to face level 150+ guthix wizard that would even need preparation for maxed people. I doubt these clues are meant to be completed by low levels.

Also, if you really are a tresure trail enthusiast, how can you not be high leveled? Doing an enormous amount of level one clues really doesn't make you an expert, and to obtain clues now at any rate you need to be good at combat.

As for the common droplist of level 4 clues, that really is an interesting question, dragon weapons that are buyable from stores would make sense, but dragon armor drops shouldn't be too common from them. A fury(t) is very likely, some new rings would also be welcome.

Holy ring: +1 to all defense and +4 prayer. Can be imbued at MA for either +2 in all defense and offense and +6 prayer, or just +8 prayer.

Defender ring: +8 to all defense, no offense stats.

Farming Ring: Daily teleport to a few different farming patches, and Instant picks all herbs. (Speeds up herb runs)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Holy ring: +1 to all defense and +4 prayer. Can be imbued at MA for either +2 in all defense and offense and +6 prayer, or just +8 prayer.

Farming Ring: Daily teleport to a few different farming patches, and Instant picks all herbs. (Speeds up herb runs)

How did you find this out?

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

let's hope that more than extremely high leveled monsters drop them. That would be somewhat unfair to avid Treasure Trailers, especially if those people are of lower levels.

Hopefully they'll have high level thieving, etc ways to get level fours as well.

That's right, forgot you can thieve for clues, as well. ;)

The problem with thieving is that the only level at which something like this could be obtained at would be 99, and still be very rare at that, with sufficient risk involved(maybe pharoh spectre like) and still those low levels would have to face level 150+ guthix wizard that would even need preparation for maxed people. I doubt these clues are meant to be completed by low levels.

Also, if you really are a tresure trail enthusiast, how can you not be high leveled? Doing an enormous amount of level one clues really doesn't make you an expert, and to obtain clues now at any rate you need to be good at combat.

As for the common droplist of level 4 clues, that really is an interesting question, dragon weapons that are buyable from stores would make sense, but dragon armor drops shouldn't be too common from them. A fury(t) is very likely, some new rings would also be welcome.

*Is wondering the same thing.* :blink:

I made them up. They are things I want. That they seem believable means there is hope.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

As for base drops, assuming they have any, I'm guessing:

-Dragon items buyable from shops, D med, D spear, D shield half, and 'very rare' drop of D chain, and possibly skirt/legs. Pickaxe, hatchet, Halberd, 2h sword, claws, plate, boots, and full helm would not be available.

--Trimmed Med Helm, D Chain, D Skirt, D Legs, and D Sq Shield might be among the new clue rewards

-Onyx jewelry

--Trimmed Fury probably would be one of the clue rewards

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

As someone said before, the clues could be a drop from revenants - then they'd be worth hunting. I'd also like to see it as a rare barrows reward, just for something different. I just don't think it'd be interesting enough to limit them to boss drops only.

As for rewards, I'm not confident that we'd get trimmed dragon... One could argue that it's already an armour mainly for aesthetics. Hopefully we'll get some useful, more common items rather than just stuff that rich players will wear in order to gain a noob train.

redarrows-1.png

Heres hoping TT items crash.

I would say cheers, but I would have to say only about 5-10% drop for clue 1 items, 2 and 3 clues will stay about the same and purple sweets will crash like no other. I predict purple sweets will show up more than half the time as the exclusive reward.

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

Lets get this straight first, for the record the odds of a clue being dropped is totally random.

It takes me an average of 8 minutes to solve a lv 1 clue.

An average of 15 minutes to solve a lv 2 clue.

And an average of 37 minutes to solve a lv 3 clue.

It's more or less just double the time of the lower leveled clue.

So i assume a lv 4 clue to take around 1 hour on average.

The average Gp i get out of lv 1 Clues is 55k

The average Gp i get out of lv 2 Clues is 4K

The average Gp i get out of lv 3 Clues is 70k

Even though Jagex promised us to get a TT item each run i bet those common items will replace the items like rune legs/rune plate and will after a month be cheaper than rune legs/rune plate and the old rewards will skyrocket because they will become even more rare.

So i expect the average gain for lv 1 clues to double and the rest won't change much.

Lv 4 Clues will probably get us around 300K average.

I just hope there's no more uri emotes, i already use up 53 bank slots just for all the armor, if i'd have to buy or make the armor myself each time i'd get that clue i'd had to spend an average of 15 mins extra per clue.

And there's something else that bugs me.

Zamorak Pagex are the most expensive

Saradomin and guthix pages are almost free.

Yet Zamorak Pagex are found more commonly than guthix or saradomin pages.

I know the zamorak book is the "best" to have but the price difference and droprate just don't make sense.

500k per page for zammy book, that's 2M to complete the book while those pages are 3 times easier to find than sara/guth pages.

Sara and guth pages only cost around 20k and guth pages are even more uncommon to find than sara pages.

So the rarest but worst pages are the cheapest and the most common and best pages are the most expensive.

Should be rarest, best and most expensive, not any other way around.

I hope Jagex keeps things like this in mind but i doubt they will because they don't seem to be able to think ahead.

Like they don't know that stoplights show green light after it showed a red light if you know what i mean.

Like automatically knowing that 2+2=4 if you know that 1+1=2.

Edit: Dragon trimmed armor is out of the question, unless ofcourse Jagex is planning for lv 4 clues to take an average of 6 hours and you ofcourse only have a 0.1% chance of getting dragon trimmed.

No but perhaps we'll be able to trim armor, we'd get a trimming kit of some sort that high level smiths can then trim on anything they'd like.

Or gems or something that we can imbue in our armor to give it special abilities XD

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

37 minutes AVERAGE really? at around 5 steps average per step, that's 8 minutes per step, and none of the steps take that much(the elvish lord is the longest at ~6 minutes with good puzzle solving(around 3 minutes). 37 minutes is completely unrealistic unless you are really poor at clue solving, 15 minutes average was reported by enrix e b(who has ~10 sets of every clue armor but for 3rd age), so if you are good at TTing level 4 clues shouldn't take much more than 30 minutes, the 300k average seems about right.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.