Stellar Dawn Website Open

Racheya

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this now. Personally Mechscape/Stellar Dawn didn't ever get me excited but now I've saw the website I can't wait. Just applied for the beta.

Personally Mechscape / Stellar Dawn got me excited because they said it's going to be different from Runescape, but there is nothing on the website, nothing about gameplay that could confirm this claim so I'm not excited at all just because of some concept art. I do hope that it's going to be good game and I signed up because of that.

it's a browser based f2p ... how will this work? simple 2D graphics and round based combat? yawn.

Kind of makes you appreciate the work that Jagex puts in :thumbsup:

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Here's to hoping they'll choose me to test how it runs with lower end specs.

I should apply using my iPod Touch :)

I applyed from my acer gaming laptop and early 1990s mac.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

it's a browser based f2p ... how will this work? simple 2D graphics and round based combat? yawn.

Where is that from?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Where is that from?

Its from the brilliant minds (users) of the mmorpg site. *cough*lol*cough*

http://www.mmorpg.co....cfm/read/17496

Naturaly most if not all seem to hate Runescape though:

I just hope it isn't full of idiots and kids like runescape is.
pong > RuneScape

Yeah, you get the point. :P

Being a closed beta, what are the possbilities of a disclosure agreement being drawn up? Instantly drones of people on RSOF have been going on about "don't worry i'll videos up lol". Pretty sure Jagex would banhammer you for disclosing information before it's released.

asrhasrh.jpg

Being a closed beta, what are the possbilities of a disclosure agreement being drawn up? Instantly drones of people on RSOF have been going on about "don't worry i'll videos up lol". Pretty sure Jagex would banhammer you for disclosing information before it's released.

Ooh never thought of that. I doubt it but it does ask as to why they didnt just do an open beta, server sizes? It there was a disclosure agreement it would be quite hard to regulate outside of RSOF forums and i reckon many, many videos would still appear on youtube, I wonder if jagex would try to get the videos taken down. Ultimately though I doubt there would be a agreement.

~Duck

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

Ooh never thought of that. I doubt it but it does ask as to why they didnt just do an open beta, server sizes? It there was a disclosure agreement it would be quite hard to regulate outside of RSOF forums and i reckon many, many videos would still appear on youtube, I wonder if jagex would try to get the videos taken down. Ultimately though I doubt there would be a agreement.

~Duck

I see no reason why they would need non-disclosure so I doubt they would do it. Videos may even be good advertising for them.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Jagex are well known for their secrecy when it comes to things like this. I think people that visit their studios have to sign agreements and this is a big project for them. If they don't want the hassle of policing disclosures then you'll probably only see a very small portion of the actual game with other sections locked out.

If you had it all you'd have a distinct advantage over people who aren't invited to take part in the Beta test when it came to the actual release, unless they made major changes as a result of the beta test (unlikely at this late stage unless someone finds a way to dupe phats).

asrhasrh.jpg

When Jagex beta tested RS2 is was treated like most other video game betas and I'm sure Stellar Dawn will be treated the same. The only times they would have you sign a disclosure agreement is if your doing private testing within the Jagex studio itself which would generally be for unreleased material like a future quest or skill. Of course the beta itself, I'm sure, won't run long enough that those invited to try the beta will have a much greater advantage when the game is finally released. Betas are indented to help the developers more then they are for a users enjoyment.

tFtfA.jpg

Applied for the beta and posted on the forums. Now to kick back, relax, and wait for some J-Mods to actually post there...

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Just applied for the beta :)

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010