A dungeoneering 'must have'?

Urza285

For those who train dungeonering one of the most overlooked pains is having to check and recheck which rooms you have and have not completed. I know many players don't go straight down the line from 1-35 and often jump around a lot. Sometimes you just don't remember at all where you left off where you completed rooms leaving you to check before you join a party and after you complete a room. Whats more annoying is that sometimes you want to check during a raid session and your ring wont allow this. Well, I'd also like to think its possible some of this might come in dungeoneering batch 2, but who knows. I think it would be nice to have a room completion chart similar to the one in your party interface that you can easily right click to open on your ring any time you want.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

For those who train dungeonering one of the most overlooked pains is having to check and recheck which rooms you have and have not completed. I know many players don't go straight down the line from 1-35 and often jump around a lot. Sometimes you just don't remember at all where you left off where you completed rooms leaving you to check before you join a party and after you complete a room. Whats more annoying is that sometimes you want to check during a raid session and your ring wont allow this. Well, I'd also like to think its possible some of this might come in dungeoneering batch 2, but who knows. I think it would be nice to have a room completion chart similar to the one in your party interface that you can easily right click to open on your ring any time you want.

I agree, it does get fairly annoying; some sort of chart type thing would be extremely helpful and a fantastic addition to the skill.

#1 ) The biggest time consumption is finding teams, you should be able to have a party of say 3 people then set your floor and complexity as normal. Then Join the quick-team area (through the barrier) and it will pair you with either 2 partys of 1 person or one of 2 and it will go to the floor you have set like you do normally.

To filter all players to a world an offiical world should be made or just announce 117 as the official.

Basically it'd take around 10 seconds to find a party instead of 15 minutes, it doesn't eliminate getting stuck with a bad team though!

#2) I really think when a player leaves or disconnects the game should automatically reaccess the players stats and if it was on 5:5 it'd lower it to 4:4 so future mime rooms etc can be solved and you wouldn't lose experience the boss will be tweaked, skill doors and so on.

#3) When a player leaves or disconnects their items should be dropped at base! no checking 30+ rooms for keys!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

#1 ) The biggest time consumption is finding teams, you should be able to have a party of say 3 people then set your floor and complexity as normal. Then Join the quick-team area (through the barrier) and it will pair you with either 2 partys of 1 person or one of 2 and it will go to the floor you have set like you do normally.

I'd be happy with separate rooms for each floor, similar to BA.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

I'd be happy with separate rooms for each floor, similar to BA.

I feel like that wouldn't be practical though lol, it would be so big

my suggestion is multiple official worlds, 117 lags sooo much, which I assume is from having to generate rooms for 1k+ people training dungeoneering

#2) I really think when a player leaves or disconnects the game should automatically reaccess the players stats and if it was on 5:5 it'd lower it to 4:4 so future mime rooms etc can be solved and you wouldn't lose experience the boss will be tweaked, skill doors and so on.

#3) When a player leaves or disconnects their items should be dropped at base! no checking 30+ rooms for keys!

Fully agree with #2. Especially as you can't kick someone from your team when they are terrible because the dungeon will not reset for 4:4. This is the exact reason why people may have 80+ dungeon but be clueless as to how to dungeon and they play badly!

#3 makes perfect sense. Hate searching rooms for keys.

To make it easier to find teams I really think jagex does need to drasticallly reduce the number of floors they have.

Currently its 35 but if they get more floors it will be twice as hard finding a team who fits the floors you need.

Instead of Jagex setting a dungeon world I think people should just form a dungeon clan with people from their own timezones who can play regularly. That way at least you can ensure better quality players.

It's strange while dungeoning is meant to be a more social skill just the way it's set up leaves little time for actual interaction and friendships. Most people are just rushing floors on their way to 99. I think it's just because of the way the skill is set up the hassle of finding teams, stress of bad teammates, stress of people leaving or dcing and being unable to finish floors.

To filter all players to a world an offiical world should be made or just announce 117 as the official.

Basically it'd take around 10 seconds to find a party instead of 15 minutes, it doesn't eliminate getting stuck with a bad team though!

I also think that if somebody leaves in a medium or large map after 15 minutes or more have elapsed in that dungeon, and they do not return before the boss is killed or they slide down the stairs to permanently leave the party, they should receive a 50% exp penalty for the next medium or large map they complete. Ragequitting is a big problem with the idiots in W117, and losing the exp for your current floor apparently isn't enough of a deterrent.

td2sig.jpg

I'd prefer nerfing the whole prestige thing, and floors. Too many floors means that unless you stick with one team, its far too hard to find teams. The last 2 times i've been motivated to train raiding, I gave up after 10+ minutes of trying to find a team.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

the new skil fails....

Yes to #1 and #3, don't know if #2 is technically possible.

Also #2 is unfair if you lag out, which I encounter several times/day on w117. If you meant making it 5:5 again if someone rejoins, I agree.

my suggestion is multiple official worlds, 117 lags sooo much, which I assume is from having to generate rooms for 1k+ people training dungeoneering

Yes please, I suggested this too on RSOF.

Considering it is a skill, it is very unlikely though.

I also think that if somebody leaves in a medium or large map after 15 minutes or more have elapsed in that dungeon, and they do not return before the boss is killed or they slide down the stairs to permanently leave the party, they should receive a 50% exp penalty for the next medium or large map they complete. Ragequitting is a big problem with the idiots in W117, and losing the exp for your current floor apparently isn't enough of a deterrent.

I agree, FOG style penalties and the base dropping features should be fairly simple to implement and would greatly increase the quality of this feature that I never use.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Why can't you [bleep]ing leave a boss room? Or at least have a warning to enter one, because if multiple people open a door at the same time 1 gets flung in randomly.

Why can't you [bleep]ing leave a boss room? Or at least have a warning to enter one, because if multiple people open a door at the same time 1 gets flung in randomly.

You can glitch back out sometimes :thumbsup:

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Speaking of those new rings, why wasn't it this week?

The Q&A Team wanted a little more time to test the update.

Fine by me as there is one off-week planned for July anyway.

Might as well use it to make an update less bug-filled.

The doors are "too complicated to open while under attack", it's not a glitch that you can enter and exit really quick, because the boss hasn't attacked you yet.

Sumondskull6.png

The doors are "too complicated to open while under attack", it's not a glitch that you can enter and exit really quick, because the boss hasn't attacked you yet.

If the doors are too complicated to open then they should install automatic sliding ones :P I can't wait for next weeks update I hope it comes with a lot of tweaks!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Too bad it falls in 1 of the sparce 3 weeks I have holiday :/

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Yeah that's annoying. Could be easily fixed with say, a 5 second (maybe even 3) limit before being able to go into a boss room once it has been found.

And yes we need an easy way to check our floor progress.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Speaking as one with jumpy internet, (it's good, but it cuts out sometimes) it ticks me off to no end if my team finished a dungeon while I was waiting for my Internet to stop being [developmentally delayed]ed. Adding on an XP penalty for future dungeons just because I DCed and my team finished without me would be even worse.

For people who leave voluntarily, this'd be fine. For people who DC.....

a70c7.png

If only the dungeon loaded right at the beginning so it doesn't have to load each room separately.

^ It would be much better to load the entire dungeon and then just fog up the unexplored rooms or something like that. The loading is really annoying especially if you have a poor ping or a slow connection; in that moment of loading I've accidentally run into a boss room on a few occasions :roll:

iximi.png

I guess that's a good thing (right?)

I was really looking forward to the construction update this week, oh well, several more days at most :^_^:

Staurolite.png