Star Wars: The Old Republic

pennywise

So, being a Commando at level 17, I finally realized "Hey, there are Commando-specific skills at the trainer!" and unlocked them... derp. The healing drone makes this game quite a bit easier. :grin: I also started a Sith Warrior (now Marauder), and am enjoying that as well. The space combat bits are pretty cool. :thumbup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the same thing around the same lvl on my Jedi Sentinel. I originally had pick random crew skills that sounded interesting but ended up switching to artifice, archaeology, and treasure hunting.

I wish it was cheaper to learn speeder piloting, though I really wish I paid for it rather then a bunch of other skills that ended up being junk.. So much walking..

tFtfA.jpg

Yeah biochem all the way! :thumbsup: When I started out it was the only one that actually seemed beneficial. I learned from other games that making your own armour/weapons/etc. usually never turned out to be that helpful or profitable. Obviously I couldn't say for certainty that would be true with SW:TOR, but I think I made a good choice with biochem.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• 4 months later...

I don't know if anyone still plays, I know I don't, I quit after my 3 month subscription expired, but it's been announced that the game is going F2P up to lvl 50.

Here is an exert from the press release,

Starting this fall, there will be two different ways to play Star Wars: The Old Republic:

• Subscription – A service designed for players who want unrestricted access to all the game features via ongoing subscription or by redeeming a Game Time Card. In addition to gaining access to all game content as our current subscribers do now, Subscribers will receive ongoing monthly grants of Cartel Coins*, the new virtual currency that will be introduced later this fall. Cartel Coins can be used to purchase valuable items including customizable gear and convenience features that will enhance the game play experience.
  • Free-to-Play –The first 50 levels will be free-to-play, with some restrictions on access to new content and advanced player features. Some restrictions can be “unlocked” with Cartel Coins.

To read the full press release, you can follow the link. http://www.swtor.com...elease/20120731

What do guys think this will mean for SWTOR? Will it solve it's problems?

tFtfA.jpg

What do guys think this will mean for SWTOR? Will it solve it's problems?

Quite possibly. This exact same model 'saved' LOTRO. It seems to work.

I like SWTOR a lot, but my problem was that I was just bored of this kind of MMO. I think I spent too much time playing LOTRO, which is the exact same kind of quest, level up, quest, crafting, level up, quest, quest, quest type of game. It was fun for a while but it gets boring.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I like SWTOR a lot, but my problem was that I was just bored of this kind of MMO.

Any other kinds of MMO's are rather outrageous. We have ones like EVE (where you pay people money to basically be a slave online), the generic MMO (LOTRO, SWTOR, WOW, Warhammer AOR, etc., which is quest level up pvp quest quest level up MAX GEAR), Runescape/Maplestory (lol), the kiddie MMO's that my nephew likes to play, dungeon crawler MMO's (like Dragon's nest), or some rare FPS ones (Combat Arms for example) that you can buy guns to use for a certain amount of days before you have to buy them again.

I personally believe someone should make a Warhammer 40k MMO, but that's just me...

I really enjoyed SWTOR, but then something happened with my game launcher that wouldn't let me play again, and every time I tried to log in on their website, they had me reset my password and answer my security questions for some reason, and each time, my answers were wrong (even though I had written down the answers). So I never got to play my level 30something Commando again. :sad:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Any other kinds of MMO's are rather outrageous. We have ones like EVE (where you pay people money to basically be a slave online), the generic MMO (LOTRO, SWTOR, WOW, Warhammer AOR, etc., which is quest level up pvp quest quest level up MAX GEAR), Runescape/Maplestory (lol), the kiddie MMO's that my nephew likes to play, dungeon crawler MMO's (like Dragon's nest), or some rare FPS ones (Combat Arms for example) that you can buy guns to use for a certain amount of days before you have to buy them again.

Unless they changed the amount of players in one match and the length of time a match lasts for, Combat Arms is nowhere near an MMO. Games like Planetside 1 and 2 are considered to be MMOFPS.

Has there been a modern MMO that has not started using microtransactions? I can only think of Rift.

22031_s.gif

• 2 weeks later...

World of Warcraft of course. Unless you count the 25 dollar fying mounts but those are purely cosmetic.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.