Making RuneScape prettier

Logdotzip

I am taking all CC and using it for anything I make in the future, but beyond anything this thread was simply requested by some friends of mine so that I had a place to dump all the images I made.

I have downloaded Gimp and I am trying to learn it, and I am not getting Photoshop.

I am not a photo editor in any way, these are in truth just snapshots of moving video that I edit, but some people like me to just grab pics for them.

Most of these aren't filters and nearly every image on here is accompanied by 6 or 7 additional layers, each with different effects and opacities put on them

But yeah I am looking over the CC, thank you everyone.

Also, image macros or whatever it may be are extremely ineffective at trying to be funny or clever, it just basically means you can't think of your own input to give. Yes, that is you Skully. Way to contribute to nothing.

Whoa you seem to be blurring the wrong [cabbage] man!

take this pic for example:

vesta.png

In a perspective picture like that youre supposed to blur the guy in the foreground.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Not necessarily, pirate_felix. It can be both ways - it's a shot/perspective popular in movies, where they focus on something close and then focus on an object further away.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Shouldn't this really go in RuneScape Media Section?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

First of all, nice pictures, good job.

I was wondering if anyone here had any advice or if you Logdotzip, could help me...

About 3 days ago, I achieved 99 prayer in RS, on my main account. I love the cape, it looks fantastic, and the emote is even better. I've been messing around with the emote and such, taking pictures of it, because I absolutely love it. Anyhow, I'd love to make a wallpaper for my computer, with me doing the emote. Kind of... like a perspective view. I'm not anywhere near talented at image manipulation at all. I've dabbled with Paint.Net, trial versions of Photoshop, and regular old MS Paint. So I'm not sure at all how I would go about doing this...

I'd like to create a wallpaper for my computer that fits the pixel size of 1024x768, but does not need resizing. I don't really know how to do it, if I resize it, it loses it's sharpness, and the pixels become blocked and blurry. I don't really know how I would go about taking a picture of my rs character off to one side sort of, and looking out over an ocean or something in RS. It's also become an annoyance trying to get rid of the mini-map and such interfaces.

Thanks, Led.

Leds_My_Name.png

Now that you mention it, yeah. OP: This would be the ideal thing to post in RS Media. You'd get more acute constructive criticism here, and more appreciation there.

I'll move it to RS Media, it will get more attention there.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Despite what has been said, I like what you've done with the pictures and I can see how you did it as well (with Vegas).

Most things done in vegas can be done quite easily in photoshop though, so i'd highly recommend checking it out.

Its hard when you start off, but you shouldnt have a problem getting the hang of it.

Keep it up. ;)

I dont care how you do your pics, how you like to edit is up to you as long as you enjoy it. Kinda lame that people flame you / put you down for doing things your way. Pics are nice, what the hell is going on in the last one lol =o

LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

These are great! I have a question though. How do you get you pictures not to be so pixel "grainy"? I usually just take the snapshot and then cut & paste. Then edit. But yours are all smooth edged. Would you mind revealing me how to make them so smooth? Thanks. :mrgreen:

I think they look good as stills, but if Jagex were to implement the blurring and darkening and such, I think it would give the game a different feel. In my opinion possibly for the worse, people not being able to see in the distance, an area being way to dark or such. But I like what you've done with them. :thumbup:

Very nice editing :thumbsup:

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

Other drops: Dragon Chainbody

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

• 4 weeks later...