Dungioneering ruined my pure

Miner_Guy

Cater to normal people or not, jagex should really at least try to make it easier for the pure community. We play the game (and pay for membership), just like anyone else.

Its as if they WANT us to ruin our accounts (for some unforseen reason o.O)

We didn't force you to be a pure. The game caters to normal people, deal with it.

Your irrational hate for pures is well known, get out.

O.O

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cater to normal people or not, jagex should really at least try to make it easier for the pure community. We play the game (and pay for membership), just like anyone else.

Its as if they WANT us to ruin our accounts (for some unforseen reason o.O)

Jagex has already said that although they do not put out updates with the intention of breaking combat pures, they don't consider builds like no-defense pures to be valid, and will not support players who play "against the spirit of the game." (their words, not mine)

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I tried creating a pure once... Was going well until I actually did PKing, Every other pure I found was pretty much ignorant, haters, Keyboard hero's etc... And that's why I like seeing them type of people ruin their accounts. 4tehlulz.

But It's also funny how this thread is becoming on fire with flame.

dzuz3d.jpg

Let's stop with the flaming guys. Remember to challenge IDEAS, not the people behind them. Debating is certainly allowed but stay focused on debating opinions. Resorting to personal attacks is going too far and is not acceptable.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Let's stop with the flaming guys. Remember to challenge IDEAS, not the people behind them. Debating is certainly allowed but stay focused on debating opinions. Resorting to personal attacks is going too far and is not acceptable.

And delete my posts but not his.

Nothing about the unconditional hatred of pures or the obvious trolling, but whatever. :thumbdown:

O.O

And delete my posts but not his.

Nothing about the unconditional hatred of pures or the obvious trolling, but whatever. :thumbdown:

I don't troll, I just have inflammatory ideas. There's nothing in the rules against hating pures, and my posts were deleted too.

Is there like a block function? I think Estorrath and I don't mix.

PM me for fitocracy invite

I don't troll, I just have inflammatory ideas. There's nothing in the rules against hating pures,

No, you have inflammatory ideas AND your trolling.

Even if you had a legitimate reason to hate pures, going into a pure thread for the sole purpose of trolling while adding no discussion whatsoever, means, (wait for it), your a troll!

An atheist is not a troll, an atheist who walks into a catholic church and tries to sell condoms to the priest, IS a troll.

and my posts were deleted too.

That was afterwards, my posts were deleted first.

I dont think you mix with anyone.

O.O

I dont think you mix with anyone.

Heh I was thinking the same thing.

At the top of your screen, where it says "Signed in as ragragdazzledazzle", click the arrow, then click manage blocked users.

I dont pity someone that choses to limit themselves. If you want to be a pure and want to level dungeoneering without leeching off your team (if I was on your team I would leave) and worrying about ruining your account lamp train it, otherwise save dungeoneering for a main.

Pures dont leech any more than any other player. I don't see why we dont have the right to train dungeoneering just like any other player.

O.O

Wait so all you guys are saying that i have to check my combat thing every time i log which is thousands of times. Thats just unrealistic and i doubt any of you do it. All i'm asking is that it should auto save and for all you guys calling me a pure noob, your obviously the noob as you never been on f2p because if you had u would of realised it is the most effective pker.

I dont pity someone that choses to limit themselves. If you want to be a pure and want to level dungeoneering without leeching off your team (if I was on your team I would leave) and worrying about ruining your account lamp train it, otherwise save dungeoneering for a main.

With 99 str and range I hit a lot more then your average lvl 100+ at only 66 combat, not to mention many of my skills are much higher then the avg lvl 100, so I would hardly call that leaching :shame:

The thing is with pures, is that someone with far lower stats WILL kill you in one or two hits.

Your newly gained defence levels are the start of them taking three or four hits to kill you. :) Or if you spend just half the time you took for you to get 99 str and attack and got 99 defence, you'd be level 126, and if you trained summoning, even higher. And you wouldn't die so much.

I'm sorry, but you have NO idea what you're talking about.

Staurolite.png

The thing is with pures, is that someone with far lower stats WILL kill you in one or two hits.

Your newly gained defence levels are the start of them taking three or four hits to kill you. :) Or if you spend just half the time you took for you to get 99 str and attack and got 99 defence, you'd be level 126, and if you trained summoning, even higher. And you wouldn't die so much.

I'm sorry, but you have NO idea what you're talking about.

He does, he's making a point that pures are stupid and it's better to just be balanced.

PM me for fitocracy invite

He does, he's making a point that pures are stupid and it's better to just be balanced.

No he doesnt. Even if you did die in one or two hits (that never happens, least of all on lower levels), at least people will be willing to fight you, no one wants to fight that level 60 with 50 def, who safes at 90% health and has melee prayer on constantly.

For the purposes of low level pking, having high defence is generally pretty stupid because most people you fight will just run (believe me, ive tried). If you want kills, being a pure is the way to go.

*Note: Plus, werent you done trolling pure threads?

We get that you hate pures (despite the fact that they dont harm you in any way whatsoever), but theres no need to be a [bleep] about it and troll every pure thread you see.

O.O

level 60 with 50 def, who safes at 90% health and has melee prayer on constantly.

Is this out deep? if so thats a dream come true.

And pures are not stupid, balanced stats are terrible for pvp worlds/bh up untill your around 120+ combat. And even then at that point everyone has nearly equal stats. making it more of a money vs money fight.

Pures limit themselves by sacrificing defence and are generally terrible at boss hunting,slaying, and other things balanced mains are good at.

Mains limit themselves by sacrificing offensive stats and are terrible at bh/pvp.

drevilwerenotsodifferen.jpg

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

level 60 with 50 def, who safes at 90% health and has melee prayer on constantly.

Lol nah in edge.

So when hes on half food, he just walks to bank and laughs.

O.O

And pures are not stupid, balanced stats are terrible for pvp worlds/bh up untill your around 120+ combat. And even then at that point everyone has nearly equal stats. making it more of a money vs money fight.

Pures limit themselves by sacrificing defence and are generally terrible at boss hunting,slaying, and other things balanced mains are good at.

Mains limit themselves by sacrificing offensive stats and are terrible at bh/pvp.

drevilwerenotsodifferen.jpg

Excellent point, except pures are a result of defense being underpowered.

If defense worked properly a level 40 balanced player should be equal to a level 40 pure.

Good solution change defense to work as a mitigation skill (hits hit less hard at higher defense) rather then dodge and defense will be useful in low level as well as high level pvp.

It would be a pretty balanced update , but the thing that sets pure pking apart from main pking is that there are so many different builds with many styles of fighting, and the fact that pure pking is based more on the fighting rather than risk. its the main reason people make pures.

If defense were to be damage reducing it would be tanks vs more tanks vs more tanks, and that would get stale. If anything, such changes should be applied to constitution, as that's the direct counter to strength. Problem is, pures would be almost untouchable.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

How did the Topic Creator even manage that? I train my pure through Dungeoneering and Switching from Rapid Longbow to Smash Maul has never had a defence problem for me. (Even though I'm 2 defence due to Blood Runs Deep)

Popoto.~<3

Since both parties are going to be hitting fairly often it makes the fight a bit more interesting by having constant damage. However KO's would be pretty rare like this. But that allows Jagex to add in Super weapons, as it stands now theres too many things in near KO range. If Jagex changed defense we could have room for better weapons.

If f2p pking gets any more stale i would slash my wrists.

Its the change that needs to be done, but it obviously would be very unpopular and change runescape as we know it. But its the only way to get rid of pures (to those against them), allow for combat skills to 120 (defense can handle the extra damage being delt), and have room to throw in new super weapons.

Why would you want to get rid of pures?

To be perfectly honest, they are already pretty underpowered. Only being superior at low levels, at mid levels defence already triumphs outside the random lucky KO, and the only reason every low - mid level PKer is a pure is because everyone runs from people with defence. Because typically they are too powerful.

At high levels, pures may as well be useless. Its pathetic how weak they are. Infact because of lack of strength bonus they often hit around the same damage, but far less often than the mains.

O.O