Public Chat Off.

Gurshnak

I gotta say though, Jagex and its macro detection system royally sucks. And why did they change it to just a two week ban? That only teachs botters that they can bot as much as they want, and when they get that 2 week ban then they better start playing legitly. But what if that two week ban is to late? And they have already multiple 99's??

A friend of mine (He was on the front page in Crafting) got inaccurately banned for botting because he had powercutted gems with his public chat set to friends. (I know because I was standing next to him the entire day. >_>)

I'm glad he didn't get a permanent ban, but a ban lasting 2 weeks and an instantly rejected appeal is too much. Since then he's quit RS and dropped back to page 2. :(

Im sorry to hear that :(

In that case, a permaban wasnt a good thing, but it leads back to jagex's crappy detection system. The average player knows who is a bot, and who isnt. Hell, if jagex payed me money I would go to all the hotspots of botting and start banning. Maybe Jagex should have a team of people who do that.

Gurshnak.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say though, Jagex and its macro detection system royally sucks. And why did they change it to just a two week ban? That only teachs botters that they can bot as much as they want, and when they get that 2 week ban then they better start playing legitly. But what if that two week ban is to late? And they have already multiple 99's??

A friend of mine (He was on the front page in Crafting) got inaccurately banned for botting because he had powercutted gems with his public chat set to friends. (I know because I was standing next to him the entire day. >_>)

I'm glad he didn't get a permanent ban, but a ban lasting 2 weeks and an instantly rejected appeal is too much. Since then he's quit RS and dropped back to page 2. :(

Im sorry to hear that :(

In that case, a permaban wasnt a good thing, but it leads back to jagex's crappy detection system. The average player knows who is a bot, and who isnt. Hell, if jagex payed me money I would go to all the hotspots of botting and start banning. Maybe Jagex should have a team of people who do that.

Those volunteers would still have to be 100% sure that the person actually was botting. People can still play with public off/browse some website and not be able to reply for a few seconds.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Yea. I mean usually, if you close the door in aubury and they just stand there I mean it's whatever. They are probably botting. But I don't think people should just write off people as botters for not talking, and they do that. Occasionally I'll be a chatty Cathy at Chins, but typically I don't talk. So I'm not gonna talk to you if you come up and say hi. Sorry. =\ Even if you're a tip.iter, I may not say hyt back. Not to be a douche, but idk if you're using your patent pending from the Associations of Rtards INC Botting Detection Systems which include: Not moving, and not talking. That's all it boils down too. Am I saying never report a bot? Well no, sometimes I report a few, but only very rarely. Is it a big problem? yes. So is weed. Do you see the gov't busting down homes because they saw a weed picture on a wall? Do you see them holding a gun to everyone wearing a rasta hat, or some other stereotype sign of smoking weed. What if I'm just fascinated with Rastafarians? maybe its a fetish? Hmmm? Exactly. They need proof before going hulk smash on people, so you should too. Bot hunting is idiotic, and pathetic. And I like how Sw0rd (normally I tend to not gang up on someone, but he is honestly just lying at this point) says hes discovered how bots operate? herp derp. you use a bot S-word? No? So how do you know what they do, what they are capable of. I saw a youtube video, thats how I know. Lemme, guess, you just so happened to see one too? I mean [cabbage]. I don't hate you Sw0rd, I mean I don't even dislike you technically, but you instigate these conflicts with these asinine statements you make. And honestly, it makes me rage. =\

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The only way someone would know how a bot would work is if they used a bot themselves. P'raps Jagex should test all the bots themselves and see who matches up with a certain type of bot programming. Sure, maybe some people dont talk or walk around, but they sure as hell dont click the same path over and over and over again ( In the exact same tiles)

Gurshnak.png

Yea. I mean usually, if you close the door in aubury and they just stand there I mean it's whatever. They are probably botting. But I don't think people should just write off people as botters for not talking, and they do that. Occasionally I'll be a chatty Cathy at Chins, but typically I don't talk. So I'm not gonna talk to you if you come up and say hi. Sorry. =\ Even if you're a tip.iter, I may not say hyt back. Not to be a douche, but idk if you're using your patent pending from the Associations of Rtards INC Botting Detection Systems which include: Not moving, and not talking. That's all it boils down too. Am I saying never report a bot? Well no, sometimes I report a few, but only very rarely. Is it a big problem? yes. So is weed. Do you see the gov't busting down homes because they saw a weed picture on a wall? Do you see them holding a gun to everyone wearing a rasta hat, or some other stereotype sign of smoking weed. What if I'm just fascinated with Rastafarians? maybe its a fetish? Hmmm? Exactly. They need proof before going hulk smash on people, so you should too. Bot hunting is idiotic, and pathetic. And I like how Sw0rd (normally I tend to not gang up on someone, but he is honestly just lying at this point) says hes discovered how bots operate? herp derp. you use a bot S-word? No? So how do you know what they do, what they are capable of. I saw a youtube video, thats how I know. Lemme, guess, you just so happened to see one too? I mean [cabbage]. I don't hate you Sw0rd, I mean I don't even dislike you technically, but you instigate these conflicts with these asinine statements you make. And honestly, it makes me rage. =\

HMG you want us not to report bots?? Clearly you must be a bot yourself!!1! [/sarcasm]

Nah, I agree with everything you said. o_o

The only way someone would know how a bot would work is if they used a bot themselves. P'raps Jagex should test all the bots themselves and see who matches up with a certain type of bot programming. Sure, maybe some people dont talk or walk around, but they sure as hell dont click the same path over and over and over again ( In the exact same tiles)

I'm thinking they already do use the bots themselves.

O.O

All I'm saying is, I think the ones who are really anti bot are the ones who bot. They want to appear so anti bot, that way if they are caught, say not responding at chins people will think "oh, they are just afk because they could *never* bot." So I'm always on the wary.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Rag, I'll be honest, at first when you came and joined, I wasn't a big fan of you. But know, you starting to become pretty cool

OT: Teleothering? What do you mean by that? Only way I can think of that is if you're in a PvP world

Awwwww, I'm flattered :^_^: (seriously)

When you teleother someone, their chat box goes to the "You have been teleothered. Would you like to accept?" type interface. This messes with the bot programming somehow, and they stop whatever they're doing (most effective at chin bots). This means that if they've set down a trap for example, if it falls over, they will be incapable of picking it up for a little bit until the interface closes. Then you swoop in and take it, repeating this multiple times until they are out of traps. It's quite lulzy, and I get a fair amount of praise from actual hunters. And yes, I DO make sure that the person is a bot first. Here's a video of it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31AQcXa-AE

Oh [cabbage] I was thinking of teleblocking for some reason :wall:

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Another thing I just thought of...

When people create their account they have to enter their birthday/year of birth. If you're under 13 years, you're restricted to Quick Chat. That means you only can use Quick Chat and that you only can see what other people say if they use Quick Chat. So if you type "Hey" or "Hmg r u bottin" to an 'underage' person they won't be able to see it and/or reply. Another possibility is that they simply don't know what "hi" means. No matter what country you reside in you're automatically logged into a Quick Chat world, although you can go to a normal world. That means there might be sitting some 7 year old child with absolutely no capability of speaking/understanding english.

I'm not sure if they (The -13 years old d00ds) can see what P/J mods say when they aren't using QC.

Another thing I just thought of...

When people create their account they have to enter their birthday/year of birth. If you're under 13 years, you're restricted to Quick Chat. That means you only can use Quick Chat and that you only can see what other people say if they use Quick Chat. So if you type "Hey" or "Hmg r u bottin" to an 'underage' person they won't be able to see it and/or reply. Another possibility is that they simply don't know what "hi" means. No matter what country you reside in you're automatically logged into a Quick Chat world, although you can go to a normal world. That means there might be sitting some 7 year old child with absolutely no capability of speaking/understanding english.

I'm not sure if they (The -13 years old d00ds) can see what P/J mods say when they aren't using QC.

But you also gotta think that when they sign up, and they realize all these limitations to 13 yrs and younger accounts, then they just hit the back button and change the year of date. Jagex needs to save the bithdate right away, so they can't change it to make them older.

Gurshnak.png

ALL players can see anything a Pmod/Jmod says, and the only way you won't see something from a Pmod is if you ignore list them. Jmods cannot be ignore listed.

I dont think I have ever seen a Jmod o.O

Gurshnak.png

ALL players can see anything a Pmod/Jmod says, and the only way you won't see something from a Pmod is if you ignore list them. Jmods cannot be ignore listed.

I dont think I have ever seen a Jmod o.O

*See anything a Jmod says when within range.

Also Jmods do not log in to the game on their Jmod account other than riot control (literally) and other special times.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Totally agree with this. I was accused of botting at least 3 times just this morning because I was browsing the forums while chopping willows and didn't respond to the 10,000 yells asking for woodcutting levels.