Firemaking cape noob?

Tenebri

in my opinion i think 99 firemaking should be a respectable skill but i do always see people with firemaking cape and people always say "get a real skill cape" or something along those lines

i have 99 firemaking have done for a few years now when i got it, it was a respectable skill but now thats its "cheap" its suddenly changed

everyone has seem to have forgotten about how many clicks it actualy takes and the fact its not a afkable skill

60 - 99 is roughly 94k maple logs (most people use maples so using that as example)

thats 192k clicks not including banking in my opinion clicking 192,000 times has to be respected especialy for a skill that is very very repetitive

tenebri.png

You will never stop being a noob. Your capes will never be respected. No matter how much money you have, no matter how many phat sets you have, no one will respect you for it.

Get over it, and play the game to have fun. It doesn't matter what that asshat 1000 miles away thinks about your cape, which YOU know is a meaningful accomplishment.

You will never stop being a noob. Your capes will never be respected. No matter how much money you have, no matter how many phat sets you have, no one will respect you for it.

Get over it, and play the game to have fun. It doesn't matter what that asshat 1000 miles away thinks about your cape, which YOU know is a meaningful accomplishment.

This.

Popedevourer.png

i do play game and im happy with all my capes like this forum is called "rant" and i recently saw fmm cape get called disrespectful when i dont it wont it to be so i had a rant about it. all of my 12 capes are all noob because they are mine and i was able to get them, but i just think that fm cape has gotten off in a bad way and people should l2p before they speak about more espeicaly if they dot have it

tenebri.png

To me, the only thing that matters about a cape is the way it looks. Sure, it has nice def bonuses (and prayer on the trimmed) but if you wanted those you could just buy an obby cape. To me, these are the best looking capes:

Farm

Herb

Agility

Firemaking (the orange looks cool with gilded armor even though its yellow)

Fishing

Attack

Dungeoneering

But the best is

Slayer

Also, has anyone else noticed how many capes are white or off white? I mean, look:

Summ

Prayer

Runecrafting

Hitpoints

Four white capes and not a single yellow one.

But i digress. No capes are really noob because it took a couple of months to get it.

Of course, feel free to disregard this entire entry as i have no capes...yet.

Herb cape, i'm coming for ya...eventually...

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

To me, the only thing that matters about a cape is the way it looks. Sure, it has nice def bonuses (and prayer on the trimmed) but if you wanted those you could just buy an obby cape. To me, these are the best looking capes:

Farm

Herb

Agility

Firemaking (the orange looks cool with gilded armor even though its yellow)

Fishing

Attack

Dungeoneering

But the best is

Slayer

Also, has anyone else noticed how many capes are white or off white? I mean, look:

Summ

Prayer

Runecrafting

Hitpoints

Four white capes and not a single yellow one.

But i digress. No capes are really noob because it took a couple of months to get it.

Of course, feel free to disregard this entire entry as i have no capes...yet.

Herb cape, i'm coming for ya...eventually...

after you do get a cape the meaning of it kinda of fades alot, i havnt worn my hp cape in over a year same with attack strength cook flech i have never worn my woodcutting cape for longer than 5 minutes just because i hate the look of it

and to your quote aswell i think herb cape isnt nice, if the green was different type of green then yeah defonatly its just that green its eew haha and again like i said i use to think attack cape was one of best looking now i dont like it at all

the only capes i wear now are fishing thiev range

tenebri.png

Maybe it's because I don't have a skillcape myself, but am I the only one who doesn't see this kind of thing going on? I can't recall a single time I've seen somebody get bashed for wearing a skillcape.

Anyways, I say just suck it up and get on with it. It's the internet, do you really care what somebody else that you don't know says or thinks of you? Add them to your ignore list and get on with it.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

Etecoon.png

People should be respected in a game because of how one person treats another person with the respect that a normal person should have when talking to another person. Respect should just be commonplace, and not treating someone like [cabbage] because of something that they did, or didn't do, in a video game.

Respect in a video game is where you see someone in Team Fortress 2 who is wielding a community weapon, and knowing that he (and his group of modders) created a weapon/hat good enough that Valve included it as an in-game drop.

Respect in a video game is meeting the developer of Alien Swarm, who were hired by Valve to create a full game for the source engine.

Respect in a video game is seeing the researchers in World of Warcraft who used the plague incident as a method of simulating how real responses to outbreaks can be formed in real life.

Respect in a video game goes to the people in World of Warcraft with the "world's first" achievements.

Respect in a video game goes to the first group in Everquest to wake and kill The Sleeper.

Respect in a video game goes to the lucky bastard who killed Richard Garriot in Ultima Online.

Respect in a video game goes to those who fought with Morpheus to try and nuke The Matrix Online offline in a live event.

Respect in a video game goes to the writer of "Biased Banning Raises Brows"

Respect in a video game goes to the guy who made public a major hole in NCsoft's account security back in 2006.

Respect is given to the guys who discovered a major breach of security and notified the company before any damage could be done.

Respect is given to the player who not only offers help, but shows the other person how to be self reliant (introducing them to a wiki, for example).

Respect is given to the player who discovers an exploit, but reports it without using it or telling his friends about it.

Respect is given to the player who douses flame wars, not ignites them.

Respect in a video game is not who clicked or played more than who. Having 99 firemaking may be impressive, people might be impressed by your cape, clicking a few million times to light a whole bunch of logs is not respectable, and neither is the cape. Respectable acts in a video game is not how long you've played the game, but what you did in your time playing. The impact that you had on the game world, the company, and the players who are inside of it. You could become well known for your kindness (The Old Nite), being the best supplier of weapons and armor, or even just a passing guy who people talk to and leave saying "he's a good guy."

Respect is not gathered by being a goody-two-shoes, nor by being a knight in shining armor. You don't have an obligation to respect everyone's opinion no matter how ridiculous it is, and frankly you don't have to answer everyone's questions or personally lead them everywhere, but ultimately when people see your username some will say "This is someone I would get to know better if I knew them personally."

Here on Tip.It my blunt nature is what gives me the respect of more people than you might think along with the fact that I take the time to truly think through what I'm saying, no matter how unimportant the conversation may feel I always give my best effort in formulating a response, whereas on my website I've managed to get a number of developers (Cryptic, Quest Online, Wizards of the Coast, etc) to offer me comments on articles because although some of my stories portray those same companies in a negative/positive light I personally stay neutral. Outside of my computer, where much of my discussion turns to political (I am pursuing a career in talk radio, I will have my associates this spring), I am applauded for taking a neutral stance and having an objective insight, doing my research and refusing to allow things to pass by because the more favorable party did it.

So respectable isn't the word you're looking for, more along the lines of "impressibility," in which case you have to recognize that not everyone is going to be impressed with your accomplishments. Some people are impressed if you can play Coldplay's The Scientist on a piano, whereas other people would be more impressed if you'd play Four Seasons in D Minor. I personally would never shoot down a 99 cape, as I know it's taking my patience long enough to get one 99 (I'm going for 99 fishing). I see accomplishments like 99's as something that isn't respectable, but I would never assault someone verbally based off of what they did in a video game. It's not my place, nor anyone else's (aside maybe your parents if you're a kid) to decide what you do with your spare time, and quite frankly we all have our vices, where at the end of the day playing Runescape for 99's is really no different than spending hours on Farmville, watching television, working on your fantasy sports team, or learning how to bake a delicious cake. Only one of those activities results in delicious cake, however.

I have read the whole thread, and I can only say that you obviously care more about what these people say than you would like to admit, because you took the time writing a thread about it. I'm going to give you a piece of advice: Personal victories should stay just that, personal victories. There is a time for video games and a time for "normal life" accomplishments, but when it comes to the accomplishments you make in video-game time, who cares what other people think? You're not different than the guy who spent a year building a 1/1,000th scale replica of the Eiffel Tower in popsicle sticks. To him, it's an accomplishment, to some others it's a waste of time. Ultimately, if your accomplishment isn't with intent to benefit others either directly or indirectly, anyone else's opinion should be worth jack [cabbage].

When it comes to your personal achievements, don't be afraid to be a snob. Don't be afraid to take the [bleep] Cheney approach and tell them to go [bleep] themselves (in a more diplomatic way, obviously).

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I don't believe people call it a noob cape just because of the price, It's certainly also about the xp rate.

Burning maples you can average 180k/hour. Even without backlighting and much concentration you'd be hard-pressed to fall below 120k/hour.

Thus it gets lumped together with cooking/fletching/thieving as a relatively fast and cheap cape to acquire, although considering the average methods people use to train all four, FM probably requires the most concentration.

This.

This.

This.

This.

This.

Link0000109.png

Going for:

85 Mining

50 Dungeoneering

60 Runecrafting

99 Firemaking achieved 24th June 2010!

People should be respected in a game because of how one person treats another person with the respect that a normal person should have when talking to another person. Respect should just be commonplace, and not treating someone like [cabbage] because of something that they did, or didn't do, in a video game.

Respect in a video game is where you see someone in Team Fortress 2 who is wielding a community weapon, and knowing that he (and his group of modders) created a weapon/hat good enough that Valve included it as an in-game drop.

Respect in a video game is meeting the developer of Alien Swarm, who were hired by Valve to create a full game for the source engine.

Respect in a video game is seeing the researchers in World of Warcraft who used the plague incident as a method of simulating how real responses to outbreaks can be formed in real life.

Respect in a video game goes to the people in World of Warcraft with the "world's first" achievements.

Respect in a video game goes to the first group in Everquest to wake and kill The Sleeper.

Respect in a video game goes to the lucky bastard who killed Richard Garriot in Ultima Online.

Respect in a video game goes to those who fought with Morpheus to try and nuke The Matrix Online offline in a live event.

Respect in a video game goes to the writer of "Biased Banning Raises Brows"

Respect in a video game goes to the guy who made public a major hole in NCsoft's account security back in 2006.

Respect is given to the guys who discovered a major breach of security and notified the company before any damage could be done.

Respect is given to the player who not only offers help, but shows the other person how to be self reliant (introducing them to a wiki, for example).

Respect is given to the player who discovers an exploit, but reports it without using it or telling his friends about it.

Respect is given to the player who douses flame wars, not ignites them.

Respect in a video game is not who clicked or played more than who. Having 99 firemaking may be impressive, people might be impressed by your cape, clicking a few million times to light a whole bunch of logs is not respectable, and neither is the cape. Respectable acts in a video game is not how long you've played the game, but what you did in your time playing. The impact that you had on the game world, the company, and the players who are inside of it. You could become well known for your kindness (The Old Nite), being the best supplier of weapons and armor, or even just a passing guy who people talk to and leave saying "he's a good guy."

Respect is not gathered by being a goody-two-shoes, nor by being a knight in shining armor. You don't have an obligation to respect everyone's opinion no matter how ridiculous it is, and frankly you don't have to answer everyone's questions or personally lead them everywhere, but ultimately when people see your username some will say "This is someone I would get to know better if I knew them personally."

Here on Tip.It my blunt nature is what gives me the respect of more people than you might think along with the fact that I take the time to truly think through what I'm saying, no matter how unimportant the conversation may feel I always give my best effort in formulating a response, whereas on my website I've managed to get a number of developers (Cryptic, Quest Online, Wizards of the Coast, etc) to offer me comments on articles because although some of my stories portray those same companies in a negative/positive light I personally stay neutral. Outside of my computer, where much of my discussion turns to political (I am pursuing a career in talk radio, I will have my associates this spring), I am applauded for taking a neutral stance and having an objective insight, doing my research and refusing to allow things to pass by because the more favorable party did it.

So respectable isn't the word you're looking for, more along the lines of "impressibility," in which case you have to recognize that not everyone is going to be impressed with your accomplishments. Some people are impressed if you can play Coldplay's The Scientist on a piano, whereas other people would be more impressed if you'd play Four Seasons in D Minor. I personally would never shoot down a 99 cape, as I know it's taking my patience long enough to get one 99 (I'm going for 99 fishing). I see accomplishments like 99's as something that isn't respectable, but I would never assault someone verbally based off of what they did in a video game. It's not my place, nor anyone else's (aside maybe your parents if you're a kid) to decide what you do with your spare time, and quite frankly we all have our vices, where at the end of the day playing Runescape for 99's is really no different than spending hours on Farmville, watching television, working on your fantasy sports team, or learning how to bake a delicious cake. Only one of those activities results in delicious cake, however.

I have read the whole thread, and I can only say that you obviously care more about what these people say than you would like to admit, because you took the time writing a thread about it. I'm going to give you a piece of advice: Personal victories should stay just that, personal victories. There is a time for video games and a time for "normal life" accomplishments, but when it comes to the accomplishments you make in video-game time, who cares what other people think? You're not different than the guy who spent a year building a 1/1,000th scale replica of the Eiffel Tower in popsicle sticks. To him, it's an accomplishment, to some others it's a waste of time. Ultimately, if your accomplishment isn't with intent to benefit others either directly or indirectly, anyone else's opinion should be worth jack [cabbage].

When it comes to your personal achievements, don't be afraid to be a snob. Don't be afraid to take the [bleep] Cheney approach and tell them to go [bleep] themselves (in a more diplomatic way, obviously).

yes you do make a very good point however and i do agree with you 100%, but thats not what i ment, the people that call it noob or whatever, are thinking its a simple easy skill to get when infacts it takes time and sometimes at a price of your wrists, maybe i should have elibirated that more but ohwel whats done is done

tenebri.png

Again, the game is not a race to 99. Stop judging people solely on the number/type of skill capes they have. Start judging by a player's actions and demeanor. Our culture is so twisted backwards nowadays it is unbelievable. This coupled with the tolerance towards blatant bot usage has spelled the end of honestly playability for any of us. Soon all 99s won't be worth a damn because so many will have attained it.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

With so many bots in the game right now, lots of cape are getting the "meh" treatment. FM is no different.

Yup, and soon everything will me "meh". All of you goals...pointless. Once we get there, what will the point in playing even be?

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Again, the game is not a race to 99. Stop judging people solely on the number/type of skill capes they have. Start judging by a player's actions and demeanor. Our culture is so twisted backwards nowadays it is unbelievable. This coupled with the tolerance towards blatant bot usage has spelled the end of honestly playability for any of us. Soon all 99s won't be worth a damn because so many will have attained it.

im not saying its a race to 99 etc thats the type of my rant is, what your saying im saying that it shouldnt be...

tenebri.png

With so many bots in the game right now, lots of cape are getting the "meh" treatment. FM is no different.

Yup, and soon everything will me "meh". All of you goals...pointless. Once we get there, what will the point in playing even be?

It won't be pointless, people will actually start having fun instead of wasting endless hours grinding boring skills (ie if the majority starts botting) :thumbup:

This.

This.

This.

That.

You say 'with so many bots in the game right now' as if it's a new thing.

It's not.

Also terrible spelling and grammar = automatic I will hate you unless you're extremely nice.

^ isnt grammatically correct

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"