What's With This Crash?

My_Eggs

I was just looking into some of the higher priced equipment out there, and noticed something interesting.

[hide=Warning, Tall Image]

crashq.png

[/hide]

I'm not sure if it's because the new treasure trails update is coming soon and people are looking to get rid of some equipment in order to have money to buy these new items, or what is really going on. I was just curious and wanted to see what other's imput is on this subject. Now mind you these are just a few of the items I've seen falling. I cba to go through every single one and take a pic, because that would be a lot of pics....

Any thoughts?

Also, forgive me for the little bit of white space I left in there. My cropping skill is only 98/99 and I couldn't find a cropping potion for the life of me. :ugeek:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm dungeoneering rewards make whips obsolete?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Well yes, but if that were the case for the whips going down, shouldn't that have happened a while ago? Or maybe a lot people are just now starting to get 80 and finally selling their whips? (I know I sold mine as soon as I got 80 a few weeks after dunj was released.)

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Well yes, but if that were the case for the whips going down, shouldn't that have happened a while ago? Or maybe a lot people are just now starting to get 80 and finally selling their whips? (I know I sold mine as soon as I got 80 a few weeks after dunj was released.)

Well it's not something many people "know" and can achieve yet..

So it finally will die a normal product's death..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Pretty much been covered chaotic weapons.

Pretty much all the boss monsters out there can be killed faster and easier with chaotic weapons than before.

This makes the old super weapons worth less, while equally upping supplies of the rarer drops making them cheaper as well.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

my arma skirt just sold for 16m in exchange, i sold my zgs and a claw drop for max yesterday also. we may be seeing a turn-around for some of these items soon.

and... i'm now making my first overloads from that cash =)

fishing.gif

my arma skirt just sold for 16m in exchange, i sold my zgs and a claw drop for max yesterday also. we may be seeing a turn-around for some of these items soon.

and... i'm now making my first overloads from that cash =)

Haha that might of been me buying them!

On topic: They are already going back up

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Dzihouchan is right I think. Claws, godswords, they were all crashing too. Herbs and seeds are crashign for another reason, panicking due to new chaos druids and ranarr spawns. (and seeds can only be bought by the 100s now. Any idea how this affects torstols, since they seem to keep dropping?)

Every year, there is a summer crash. Last year, that didn't happen due to PvP Statuettes. I guess that sort of explains it?

On the contrary, PvP Statuettes made everything rise in price.

My theories:

- People are selling their gear now in order to have a chance at picking up some of the new gear that will be coming out this next update,

- The Runescape economy seems to follow closely with the Real World economy, because our World's economy is in a little bit of a dip at the moment, so is Runescape's.

Then again, it could just be nothing and just one-of-those-things.

1251842664adamantdragonsignature.png

My money is also on the new TT's and summer coming to end. Now the only question is how long this will last, will the price start going up when the update is annouced in twitter? When they are actually released?

Sephy.png

Factors:

Level 4 Clues - 150 New Items

Upcoming Bonus XP weekend

0rly when?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Factors:

Level 4 Clues - 150 New Items

Upcoming Bonus XP weekend

0rly when?

Within the next 12 months ;)

Quote from Mod_Fnord on the high level forum (for 2475 players)

fnord.png

Ignore player speculation, when there's an upcoming one it'll be announced.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

So will the price pick back up? I'm concerned about my loot I've been saving ¬_¬

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

It's inevitable that items will crash after the new tt items, so people have already started selling to minimize their loss. It might go up a little before the update since I don't see the items crashing for 7 days straight without recovering a bit, but I doubt they'll go back to the prices from last week. At least for the upcoming weeks.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Think I'll invest in Dragon Bones (normal, not frost) they're bound to go back up to around 6k each.

With all the current green dragon bots? I personally hope dragon bones crash but that's just wishful thinking :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png