What's With This Crash?

My_Eggs

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So will the price pick back up? I'm concerned about my loot I've been saving ¬_¬

AFAIK the prices are already going up, just visit the w2 grand exchanges west wall.
Sephy.png

Yeah, about 36 hours ago was the time to buy your stuff back that you sold before the drop.

As for the double xp weekend, I hope Jagex doesn't announce it a week ahead of time this round. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I wish I had more gp to work around this time of year. It's a great opportunity to invest.

An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be.

yes for the last week basicly every high lvl item crashede about 15% however the crash is now over and everythings gonna rise like crazy again so its all good

The prices right now don't support your statement. They're still crashing.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yeah, about 36 hours ago was the time to buy your stuff back that you sold before the drop.

As for the double xp weekend, I hope Jagex doesn't announce it a week ahead of time this round. :thumbup:

Sounds like I bought my ZGS at the perfect time. Now we wait. :thumbsup:

Etecoon.png

Chaotic weapons won't make whips obsolete - They are still the best non degradable general use weapon.

During slayer (once I get my crapier) I won't be using it during cannon tasks. It's a waste of money for a 3% increase in killing speed since I'll be in combat nearly 100% of the time during dagannoths etc. and I don't think an extra 1k exp is worth 200k. There will still be uses for the whip, It won't crash hard for a long time I think.

ZMFg2.jpg

Herbs (and most potions and seeds as well(?)) are still crashing, doesn't seem like the new druids and the one ranarr spawn would make that much of a difference :|.

I don't think enough people are aware of that. It's panic selling.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

yes for the last week basicly every high lvl item crashede about 15% however the crash is now over and everythings gonna rise like crazy again so its all good

The prices right now don't support your statement. They're still crashing.

My honest opinion though is that these items were panic dumped from the anticipation for level 4 clues. Once the level 4 clues are released there will be another crash due to people wanting to free up money to buy the potential "new" 3rd age as the new pumpkins/disks to buy partyhat. whether that crash would be a real crash or just another panic dump can only be determined by how people actually value these new items. My opinion is that if these new items are as hard as Jagex says (Killing boss for rare clue, ~30 minutes-1hr on clue with the same probability as 3a to receive the new high classed TT items) then they will take over as where 3a used to be before the first 3a crash (the one that led to the phat buyout) and become the new hot item for half a year-a year. All of this can be affected by probability of drop, the popularity of the new TT update, and the pricing of thee items in the GE. Difficulty/time in doing the clue will also play a major factor. For example, from the tip it thread talking about the new puzzle (celtic knots) i have absolutely no idea where I would begin on such a thing.

To sum up:

Easy level 4 clues with high probability and low ge pricing = GWD crash

Hard level 4 clues with low probabilty and high ge pricing = GWD stable

120dgl.jpg

Factors:

Level 4 Clues - 150 New Items

Upcoming Bonus XP weekend

0rly when?

Within the next 12 months ;)

Quote from Mod_Fnord on the high level forum (for 2475 players)

fnord.png

Ignore player speculation, when there's an upcoming one it'll be announced.

I heard from a friend that the bonus weekend would be in 3 weeks.

Factors:

Level 4 Clues - 150 New Items

Upcoming Bonus XP weekend

0rly when?

Within the next 12 months ;)

Quote from Mod_Fnord on the high level forum (for 2475 players)

fnord.png

Ignore player speculation, when there's an upcoming one it'll be announced.

I heard from a friend that the bonus weekend would be in 3 weeks.

Friends aren't a very reliable source though, front page post is more reliable :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

One of the big factors for certain items was bonus exp weekend rumors, a lot of items were rising because morons were scrambling to hoard them coinciding with stuff like 'my cousins best friend works for jagex and the exp weekend is this month!11!!1!'.

Now a fair amount of them are panic selling.

Yea it was a summer crash but somewhat unexpected (by me at least) because many things had already been crashing all summer because of other reasons. I wouldn't have guessed that stuff would crash after it had already been decreased by so much.

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

But I'm wondering:

why do you care so much?

Price go up and down the whole time. - But you should only buy what you need (and sell what you don't need).. Surely you aren't merchanting are you?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

But I'm wondering:

why do you care so much?

Price go up and down the whole time. - But you should only buy what you need (and sell what you don't need).. Surely you aren't merchanting are you?

That sounds nice in theory, but for those of us who like to protect our bank's value small fluctuations in the market like this are a great time to do a sell then re-buy and both protect the value of your bank and make a couple extra mill on the side. I bought a green mask one day for 82 mill and change then re-sold it the next day for 87, that's just a small example of what you can accomplish with a little bit of knowledge, a whole lot of timing, and a little bit of luck.

pandapk2.jpg

I understand it's summer and that's part of the reason the prices were rising at the beginning of such. But don't you think it's a little too early for prices to be dropping this badly? We still have a month left of vacation, for most of us. I feel that a bigger force is at play here...either merchant clans, or that in conjunction with a couple of the recent game updates =-/

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

@xpandax:

Uhm isn't that considered a bad thing to do? - By doing so you will only create bigger fluctuations in the market and let it react more eradic.. Something nobody wants.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

This happens a couple times yearly on a big scale such as now. The worst thing in my opinion to do is sell into a crash. If you have cash I would be buying. I'm no economic expert though thats just what I do each year when this sort of thing happens.

Low_C.png

Bleh, stuff should be dropping. I'd save for arma but I just got back and looked at the prices and sobbed. Maybe I'd feel different if I was the one selling. I blame the impending TT items. I'm hyped

Kingly Imps and Crowns are tanking hard right now :L

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

@xpandax:

Uhm isn't that considered a bad thing to do? - By doing so you will only create bigger fluctuations in the market and let it react more eradic.. Something nobody wants.

With the addition of the GE and GE graphs every kid and their mother considers himself a merchant these days. If you notice on almost every system update that impacts an item even slightly there are always dramatic price swings for that item and any item related to it... rarely are these swings caused by an update themself but by people panic buying/selling or trying to profit off of the update. It is how the player base reacts to updates that generallly causes the price fluctuations. No market is perfectly stable in real life or in RS, price fluctuations are a part of life. They are going to happen whether i take advantage of them or not, so i might as well sell and re-buy my items just like 80% of the rs population does and come out ahead instead of having no change in my bank value or a negative change in my bank value.

pandapk2.jpg