What's With This Crash?

My_Eggs

@xpandax:

Uhm isn't that considered a bad thing to do? - By doing so you will only create bigger fluctuations in the market and let it react more eradic.. Something nobody wants.

With the addition of the GE and GE graphs every kid and their mother considers himself a merchant these days. If you notice on almost every system update that impacts an item even slightly there are always dramatic price swings for that item and any item related to it... rarely are these swings caused by an update themself but by people panic buying/selling or trying to profit off of the update. It is how the player base reacts to updates that generallly causes the price fluctuations. No market is perfectly stable in real life or in RS, price fluctuations are a part of life. They are going to happen whether i take advantage of them or not, so i might as well sell and re-buy my items just like 80% of the rs population does and come out ahead instead of having no change in my bank value or a negative change in my bank value.

You talk like those drug-sellers at the corner of the streets: "hey if I don't sell them the stuff, simply someone else will do"..

It's no excuse to merchant.. Nad profit from someone else's loss

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You talk like those drug-sellers at the corner of the streets: "hey if I don't sell them the stuff, simply someone else will do"..

:rolleyes:

I prefer to think of merchants as more like vending machines and pawn brokers. In the first situation, they provide you with something you want (a cola), right when you want it, but it'll cost you an extra $0.50 over the price you'd pay at the supermarket. In the second situation, they'll take something you don't want anymore (like some old antique junk in your attic) right away, but they give you less money than the sale price.

You should be happy that merchants do what they do despite all the crap they get from people like you who scapegoat them. It's because of merchants that you can sell 50 coal that you picked up to the GE instantly. If it weren't for merchants, you may have to wait hours for someone to come along who wants to buy coal for smithing.

It's not profiting from someone else's loss; it's not zero sum. The merchant may make 4% profit, sure, but both the seller and the buyer get convenience and save time.

Plus ANYONE can merchant if they want to. Completely fair.

Merchanting isn't bloody illegal, relax...

You're right. It is moronic, though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

How people choose to make their money is their decision and beyond our control, so complaining about it like Pulli23 is, is a waste of time. Besides, did you think merchanting was 'moronic' before the introduction of the GE? Buying rune med helms at 10k and selling them for 11k, that was moronic?

How people choose to make their money is their decision and beyond our control, so complaining about it like Pulli23 is, is a waste of time. Besides, did you think merchanting was 'moronic' before the introduction of the GE? Buying rune med helms at 10k and selling them for 11k, that was moronic?

People doing drugs is also their decision and beyond my control. That doesn't stop me from calling it moronic.

As has been stated numerous times in this thread, the only reason why prices are going up and down is because of 13 year old players trying to "protect their investments", creating the very problems they are trying to fix.

Anything that doesn't profit me is moronic.. obviously.

I'm happy with armadyl pieces going down, I have always wanted to buy armadyl and I have my chance now.

C1Geq.png

People doing drugs is also their decision and beyond my control. That doesn't stop me from calling it moronic.

As has been stated numerous times in this thread, the only reason why prices are going up and down is because of 13 year old players trying to "protect their investments", creating the very problems they are trying to fix.

You can keep calling it moronic. The rest of us will continue to flip in the GE for 10%+ interest daily and shortsell our crashing items to make 10mil on an armadyl godsword.

I'd rather have that money and be "moronic" than be out 10%/10m and be whatever you call yourself... I think the term is quixotic.

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

I love how you, and almost everybody else assumes that the players who 'create problems' are either 12, or 13. :rolleyes:

I love how you, and almost everybody else assumes that the players who 'create problems' are either 12, or 13. :rolleyes:

The majority of the Runescape population is 12-15...

You can keep calling it moronic. The rest of us will continue to flip in the GE for 10%+ interest daily and shortsell our crashing items to make 10mil on an armadyl godsword.

I'd rather have that money and be "moronic" than be out 10%/10m and be whatever you call yourself... I think the term is quixotic.

Have fun being a virtual businessman. I prefer to actually play video games for fun rather than simulate real life. Doing an epic quest and slaying a boss? Yup. Playing into a virtual stock market? I'll save that for the kids.

If you want to simulate real-life in a game, go play The Sims. :thumbup:

I have nothing against The Sims.

That was exactly my point... comprehension ftw

Have fun being a virtual businessman. I prefer to actually play video games for fun rather than simulate real life. Doing an epic quest and slaying a boss? Yup. Playing into a virtual stock market? I'll save that for the kids.

A look at my stats would tell you that I do play this game, I don't just sit at the GE. I spend 5 minutes buying items and then putting back in the GE, then I can go do a farm run, do some dungeoneering, kill some TDs. The money takes almost no effort and lets me go train my firemaking with magic logs, my construction, or maybe buy that fancy new treasure trail item.

It's still a game, and I still have fun. I can do that while still making a little effortless money.

summer is comming to it's end ppl with low membership or needs to prepare for coming studies are selling most their valuable items now, causing

alot of the common valuables like godswords whips bandos armadyl etc to drop. typical summer fall as always. i never panic cause i know in

some point in will rise again in price.

runescape

d6c4baddbe.png

summer is comming to it's end ppl with low membership or needs to prepare for coming studies are selling most their valuable items now, causing

alot of the common valuables like godswords whips bandos armadyl etc to drop. typical summer fall as always. i never panic cause i know in

runescape

Summer just started?

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

runescape

Summer just started?

I believe the holidays in the US end quite soon. The summer holidays in England have however, just started.

Sylpheed.png

Noticed rune 2h's and rune scimitars have started their descent; which was inconvenient for me because I had 270 rune 2h's in my bank. Taking a loss of ~500k on the chin. Surely f2p stuffs would be isolated from members updates? I also figure that Americans would keep playing right up until school started.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

alot of the common valuables like godswords whips bandos armadyl etc to drop.

This kind of assumption is hogwash. Or the classic, "America's economy is bad, it must be the case for RuneScape as well!" Prices go up, prices go down. Everything balances in the end. Except for Dbones.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I prefer to actually play video games for fun rather than simulate real life. Doing an epic quest and slaying a boss? Yup. Playing into a virtual stock market? I'll save that for the kids.

My 5 minutes a day playing the virtual stock market helps me have much more fun in the remaining 55 minutes/whatever left in the day.

Because i have more money to throw around for doing epic quests, slaying bosses, or in my case, pking.

I'm not seeing the problem here, im not really harming anyone :shades:

O.O

summer is comming to it's end ppl with low membership or needs to prepare for coming studies are selling most their valuable items now

Not true, in the UK Summer has just begun.

I just started playing again yesterday now that School has finished and was taken by surprise that everything has begun to drop in price.

Phaper_Plane.png

I heard from a friend that the bonus weekend would be in 3 weeks.

I heard its this weekend, better stock up on items. :P

Just quit it with omg my friend said this and that.

Unless stated on the frontpage there is no double exp [cabbage]

Calm_Koala.png

summer is comming to it's end ppl with low membership or needs to prepare for coming studies are selling most their valuable items now

Not true, in the UK Summer has just begun.

I just started playing again yesterday now that School has finished and was taken by surprise that everything has begun to drop in price.

Lucky for you then :D

Price dropes right on time.