I'm sorry, but what?

Sir_Kurity

so the lag is worse on your home servers even though you have lower ping? interesting. maybe it has something to do with kangaroos. or kookaburras

Yes, you get spikes where the whole server seems to stop for about 3 seconds, then everything starts moving again. I get about 25-30 ping to them in the server list. I reckon its to do with server load, maybe Jagex couldn't afford to get a high end server here in Australia and it can't handle whats going on.

Poochu.png

so the lag is worse on your home servers even though you have lower ping? interesting. maybe it has something to do with kangaroos. or kookaburras

I hear Australia has a toad problem? Idk I took Bio like 2 years ago and it goes out the moment it turns July, but maybe Toads + Servers = Bad.

From what I understand (being serious now), different companies host different servers, correct? That was why a few servers went bad a few months ago, because the company that ran those servers was doing a crapped job. Then Jagex told them to gtfo and hired a new company to host those servers, and now it's all good. So thus, if different companies host different servers, perhaps the company that hosts the Aussy servers just isn't at the same caliber as the company that host the US servers. Just a thought.

Remember that not all servers are created equal. Jagex themselves admit this when they created and tweaked the themed worlds. I'm too lazy to dig it out now, but they said something like "some servers just can't handle high traffic of certain activities, so we've changed the themed world to servers that can" and proceeded to give the example of how the old Pest Control world got changed to 144 or something I don't care about.

Yes we do have a cane toad problem, lol but thats only in Queensland.

I think its to do with how expensive bandwidth costs in Australia, they might have gone with the cheapest option. I remember al ong time ago when Aussie servers first came out, they said something about the cost was prohibitive because they could pay for 6 servers for every 1 located in Australia, or something like that.

They should get Telstra or Internode to host their server for them, Australia's two biggest ISPs.

Poochu.png