The Case for Dungeoneering

LTH_Dev_Ranges

(20:47:49) -Vectra[11]- ** (GREGOREYY): (Dungeoneering) Level: 82 | Exp: 2,502,696 (19.2% of 99) | Rank: 4,795 | EXP to level 83: 170,418 (32.38% to 83)

I support this post

lightningcopy.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people are going to start having issues with Dungeoneering brought into the warring scheme, why not make having a certain dungeoneering level a requirement to join a clan, just like having a certain combat level or magic level requirement. Don't know about how much this would contribute to this topic, but that's just my thoughts after seeing some of the arguments here. That way, clans that like dg items on can just war each other while both have fairly decent access to these new items and what not while not causing too much fuss.

If people are going to start having issues with Dungeoneering brought into the warring scheme, why not make having a certain dungeoneering level a requirement to join a clan, just like having a certain combat level or magic level requirement. Don't know about how much this would contribute to this topic, but that's just my thoughts after seeing some of the arguments here. That way, clans that like dg items on can just war each other while both have fairly decent access to these new items and what not while not causing too much fuss.

Because the fact of the matter is that experience in dungeoneering really doesn't matter. Tokens are the big deal and the experience is irrelevant. Clans would have to actually inventory check people to make sure they have the items that they're after, and then they'd have to keep checking over and over to make sure that they haven't lost their weapon since then.

It's not like you actually get the rewards if you level up, or if tokens were common.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

Because the fact of the matter is that experience in dungeoneering really doesn't matter. Tokens are the big deal and the experience is irrelevant. Clans would have to actually inventory check people to make sure they have the items that they're after, and then they'd have to keep checking over and over to make sure that they haven't lost their weapon since then.

It's not like you actually get the rewards if you level up, or if tokens were common.

Wow, ever thought of a screenshot in the application process? It's a wonderful thing isn't it? Besides, the don't disappear when fully used, they just become unuseable.. not to mention to recharge it's only a small fee of cash or mixture of cash and tokens and whatnot.. I'm sure this will be done within a year or so when dg becomes more commonplace.

Wow, ever thought of a screenshot in the application process? It's a wonderful thing isn't it? Besides, the don't disappear when fully used, they just become unuseable.. not to mention to recharge it's only a small fee of cash or mixture of cash and tokens and whatnot.. I'm sure this will be done within a year or so when dg becomes more commonplace.

trlht.jpg

anyways, i think that dung will not become a standard requirement because most clans that use dung now will hopefully move more pvp based-clans

I don't have an RC Staff. I don't see myself asking for RC Staves off because I'm at a disadvantage of +5 Mage Def/Offense. And neither does the rest of my clan/team. I don't see how it's that big of a deal.

#Solace | Solace Senior Member |

Solace Forums | Solace Memberlist

ankitm.jpg

I'm making a killing here, I think I should be on top of the world just chilling here.

It's simply unfortunate that more clans/teams don't war with Dungeoneering ON.

I haven't done the skill in a good month and a half, but I do have Grav. long, Grav. 2h, Longbow Sight, and Arcane Blast. I don't get to use them that often... :(.

Hopefully people come around.

dcmsignature3.png

Member of: Collision

Leader of: The Moriquendi

Former Legionnaire of: Legends Never Die

Check out my Tip.It Profile and leave a comment!!

It's simply unfortunate that more clans/teams don't war with Dungeoneering ON.

I haven't done the skill in a good month and a half, but I do have Grav. long, Grav. 2h, Longbow Sight, and Arcane Blast. I don't get to use them that often... :(.

Hopefully people come around.

The problem is, it's like anything else. People would rather spend countless hours finding ways to argue and find excuses against it than to take the time and go get it themselves. I didn't like someone else having something better than I did so I went out and got my own. People will turn around once jagex waters dungeoneering down like they did every other skill.

I don't need to read all of that to agree with your point: Dungeoneering items should become standard during fights. :thumbup:

futureapplicant.png

"In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power. Well that wilderness out there, that's our universe. Let's rule it like titans"

34i2qyojpg.gif Proud to have been a Council of Tempted Killers

I don't need to read all of that to agree with your point: Dungeoneering items should become standard during fights. :thumbup:

futureapplicant.png

"In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power. Well that wilderness out there, that's our universe. Let's rule it like titans"

34i2qyojpg.gif Proud to have been a Council of Tempted Killers

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see more dungeoneering weapons on.

I think really the split here is between people who have 50+ DG and those who don't, because those with lower DG don't like the skill (IMO because they haven't tried enough of it yet, it took me until like lvl 10 to really like the skill, and I'm hooked) so they just want everyone else to suffer just because of their dislike. What if I were to say, I don't like to do any FOG at all, so I don't want FOG items on, eveyone would laugh at me and say yeah right loser, same applies with RC staves.

Buzzsaw100.png

I'd love to see more dungeoneering weapons on.

I think really the split here is between people who have 50+ DG and those who don't, because those with lower DG don't like the skill (IMO because they haven't tried enough of it yet, it took me until like lvl 10 to really like the skill, and I'm hooked) so they just want everyone else to suffer just because of their dislike. What if I were to say, I don't like to do any FOG at all, so I don't want FOG items on, eveyone would laugh at me and say yeah right loser, same applies with RC staves.

Exactly, and for that matter, what if I decided I didn't like rune armour because I'm too lazy to go to the bank and withdraw mine? It is part of the game and should be allowed. I don't believe those who put the effort in should suffer for those who don't want to.

I've already asked multiple clans for Adamant armour and weapons only when they request Dung OFF. I LOL IRL at every repsonse.

They can't complain about that request because it's just the same as asking for the items off.

I always hate hearing clans complain with "you only won because you had all those dung items". Well hell yeah we do. I personally have made it my mission to encourage and aid every member of Downfall to get at least one dungeon item. It's really not difficult to get 40k tokens. I have had people who hate the skill end up trying it out and loving it. It's actually quite enjoyable with a good group.

• 1 month later...

It's been 2 months since I Dev and I opened this topic, and I've gotten 99 in the meantime.

I've seen DG been used more and more in SE and LTH wars, and I'm interested in seeing some of the feedback from other sources.

As always, I'm happy to respond to any thoughts and criticisms. I would like to see DG become even prevalent, and diagnose issues of what is preventing this from being carried on.

This doesn't pertain to PvP, by the way, but what about all the CWA'ers out there?

Proud Silent Ember Advisor

UBH Member | Lethality Leader

Pursuant to requirements related to practice before the Internal Revenue Service, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of (i) avoiding penalties imposed under the United States Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another person any transaction or matter addressed herein.

Most clans want dungeoneering off due to the fact not as high % of their member base has dungeoneering weapons as (for example) TKO Blitz or Silent Ember. Actually in a 30v30 war if 5 of our members had dung weapon, while the whole opponent had at least 1 dung item, I wouldnt really want dungoneering allowed either, as it can be a huge advantage.

On the other hand though, if you really care, and take CWA serious, you would start dungeoneering so you can gain that little piece of advantage in fights.

I personally hope more and more clans start doing dung on wars, because it can spice up things and can do miracles (once I banged out a lvl 115 with 8 people in a melee binds only, he had melee pray and full rune on, and we hit 4 200+ on him and he died)

Ps: 100 dung ownage :thumbup:

lightningcopy.png

CA always tries to get fights with dung items on, but there are still clans/teams that refuse to accept them. :mellow:

From what I´ve seen more and more people are getting this kind of items wich is really good!

That´s because once you try them on a fight and you realize how good they are, you make the effort to get another one.

I hope with time (not a lot of time!) all clans will allow dung items on their fights and they will become a comun item like fog or gop ones. ;)

juliet2.jpg

♥ Ex Condemned Army Founder | Ex Silent Ember Council ♥

♥ Aces of War Legend ♥