Ever had angry members leave, make their own clan, and copy yours?

Vulxai

How many clans have had this happen to them? My clan just had that, a member got mad at us for not banning a guy he just didn't like, so he started insulting my other leader like no other, so we told him to stop, he didn't, so we banned him. Our site administrator didn't like that we banned him, so they both left, and made their own clan, copied our forum skins, our rules word for word, and that's about all I could see. It's kind of surprising how low someone can sink just to try to get back to you. Oh, you banned me for insulting you like no other, so I'm going to steal your forums and try to make my own clan. It kind of makes me laugh when you think about it.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

We've had a few of those. :)

The two categories are people who get girlishly insulted because we actually enforce the few rules we have (thus they or they friends get banned for breaking them), or people who want to copy our success because they didn't get promoted to staff by us.

We wish them all the best of luck, we haven't heard or seen much from them since... :unsure:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

The two categories are people who get girlishly insulted because we actually enforce the few rules we have (thus they or they friends get banned for breaking them), or people who want to copy our success because they didn't get promoted to staff by us.

We wish them all the best of luck, we haven't heard or seen much from them since... :unsure:

You're talking about TSG correct?

From what I know of the clans I have been in, no one has ever left to make a clan an exact copy of the one they were in but I know a few who have left to make new clans - which 9 times out of 10 die within a few months. When it happens they usually try and steal away some of the members from the previous clan that they were friends with to get a core memberbase group.

What they usually fail to realize that if they get angry and stupid over a correct decisions merely because they don't like it for whatever reason, they do NOT tend to have good leadership qualities or the patience to run a clan and get it on its feet. So merely by showing their personality when they rage quit shows they don't have the capability to lead another clan.

smallerawesomesig.png

EU Leader | | CE Retired Admin | | TKO Retired Member | | SE Retired Member

I think Envy had a break off about a year ago a few months before i joined but im not entirely sure why, all i know is that i think the break off failed and 1 of the members who broke off came back and now pays for the forums along side the other envy mod (cujo)

envy42.png

Had it happen about 4 times while I was in CoR, Every single one failed miserably and it was a good laugh for the 95% of members who remained in Corruption.

That said Echo of Silence is a splitoff from Zeonic Forces.

some are actually successful. look at downfall.

if downfall wanted to copy ko unit then damn they wouldn't be where they are atm..

i read first 9 words on title and posted.

At first pretty sure you were practically the same but better leadership made them go where they're at.

T Y C.

How many clans have had this happen to them? My clan just had that, a member got mad at us for not banning a guy he just didn't like, so he started insulting my other leader like no other, so we told him to stop, he didn't, so we banned him. Our site administrator didn't like that we banned him, so they both left, and made their own clan, copied our forum skins, our rules word for word, and that's about all I could see. It's kind of surprising how low someone can sink just to try to get back to you. Oh, you banned me for insulting you like no other, so I'm going to steal your forums and try to make my own clan. It kind of makes me laugh when you think about it.

Seen it happen in numerous clans. Those clans usually tend to crash and burn pretty quickly. I find the idea funny that people can just randomly copy forums and rules and all and think it's smooth sailing from there. Leading a clan is harder than one thinks, which is why most breakoff clans fail, because they have no idea of the stress of managing a clan.

You're talking about TSG correct?

Yes.

And as someone else mentioned, most of them came back apologising and wanted to rejoin.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

K so this topic is clearly targeting one clan >.> this is clan discussion not omg im mad ppl stole our clan ideas and are making a new clan.

You're clearly off better with out them and they will either come back or who knows maybe make a great rivalry for you guys.

6590ew.jpg