Maple Trees Now F2P

Bows

Since the release of the recourse dungeons, it just now occurred to me that F2P players can now cut Maple logs. What do you think this will do to the prices of them? Drive them into the ground? Do you feel F2P deserved the ability to cut them? Do you think anyone will even bother due to the distance from a bank? What are your thoughts!

Since the release of the recourse dungeons, it just now occurred to me that F2P players can now cut Maple logs. What do you think this will do to the prices of them? Drive them into the ground? Do you feel F2P deserved the ability to cut them? Do you think anyone will even bother due to the distance from a bank? What are your thoughts!

All I can see is f2p woodcutting and firemaking levels going up by a bit. The lack of a close enough bank and low prices make it silly to try to make a profit off them. Maples might actually go up due to f2pers who are training firemaking cutting the trees instead of buying them.

C1Geq.png

far as I know you could always buy maple logs in f2p, guess now they got somewhere to wc them. and its not really THAT far from a bank :S

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Looking at the price they did fall slightly but that is to be expected as people panic sell like they did with Ranarrs and Limps. However I don't expect it to fall drastically simply because there are better ways to get xp and to make money from F2P wc.

They were f2p a log time ago. Only thing was there were no maple trees in f2p areas >_>

Anyway. I don't really thing anything will be different.

There are already so many in the market and there keep comming more and more from things like mtk.

And what are they like 40gp each?

They were f2p a log time ago. Only thing was there were no maple trees in f2p areas >_>

Anyway. I don't really thing anything will be different.

There are already so many in the market and there keep comming more and more from things like mtk.

And what are they like 40gp each?

57gp each and they seem to have rested upon that value for now.

It isn't really that far from a bank, as you can use the Daemonheim teleport to get back very quickly. It won't have much of an impact though, since MTK puts so many into the market everyday.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I think I'm being misunderstood, I'm not saying that the logs are now F2P I'm saying that the trees are now able to be cut in F2P. :P hopefully that clarifies things a bit.

It's been a long time coming, I'm actually surprised it has taken them this long to put Maple Trees in F2P. As people have said though, it wont effect the prices of maple logs much if at all because at the moment the supply of maple logs is far far greater than the demand and there are better means of gaining woodcutting experience. The only effect really is that it's now easier to get fire making levels in F2P if you're not made of money.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I'd imagine it to be decent XP though, looking at the WC guide, you get 100 xp per log, and the last time I cut them I would get logs only a little bit slower then I would willows.

I'd imagine it to be decent XP though, looking at the WC guide, you get 100 xp per log, and the last time I cut them I would get logs only a little bit slower then I would willows.

for higher levels, like 80+, it would be faster xp than willows but other than that maples have really no implications for f2p. even for members maple is rarely cut, even before ivies came out and especially now that ivies are way faster.

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

As both a f2per and a p2per i think non members were long overdue to finally cut maples. for those who mention the location players could just cut the logs and burn them in the dungeon. as for the prices maples are already dirt cheap and 99 fm really isnt somthing of great nature for non member players. in p2p what can you get from 99 fm (hand cannon lower chance of explosion and adaze and maybe dung doors) but aside from that nothing really. Its a money sink really so i dont think anything drastic will happen

OTMSigXD.png

Not groundbreakng, but I think it's about freaking time - I've always thought it was stupid that they (the logs) were f2p when f2p had no locations to cut them.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

As both a f2per and a p2per i think non members were long overdue to finally cut maples. for those who mention the location players could just cut the logs and burn them in the dungeon. as for the prices maples are already dirt cheap and 99 fm really isnt somthing of great nature for non member players. in p2p what can you get from 99 fm (hand cannon lower chance of explosion and adaze and maybe dung doors) but aside from that nothing really. Its a money sink really so i dont think anything drastic will happen

If you're not going to bank them, why even bother with maples anyway when you could burn willows? It's faster xp in both skills.

Maples are much slower xp than willows, so there's no real reason to chop them. It's not as if you make any money from it, since the logs are close to worthless. I predict the only people who will actually chop them are noobs who don't know better.

Why on earth would someone bank those maples ? Its too far from a bank.

I just fm them right there.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

It seems you people are really underestimating how good these maples are. I tested the exp rate of dropping the logs and it seems on par with cutting willows in rimington which was one of the fastest ways F2P could cut (you can power train like alch + cut but hardly anyone does that). I also timed the tele + run back time of one person and he wasn't much slower then the time it took me to drop all my logs (yes, I'm on a laptop and I'm slow, but it's not like it is a huge difference). I estimate that you can cut 300 maples per hour with banking via dungeoneering ring. That would give 30k exp/h and 150k cash. That's slightly lower exp then willows but you get 150k/h which is fantastic for F2P (max I've got from yews is 100k).

No, you're off by a factor of 10. Maples are 50 gp, not 500. So yeah. :-?

Wow, people really don't know how to use the Daemonheim teleport to bank? <_<

And since I really hate dropping things, I cut maples for experience in F2P rather than willows.

(And yes, ilovecuttingyews, I read your post so don't worry. :P )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention