Maple Trees Now F2P

Bows

how fast would banking be if you used Al-Kharid?

~75 seconds. Slightly slower than a ring of kinship. I just timed it.

Speaking of which, in case you didn't believe me that maples are horrible, I've just done about a half hour of testing.

Daemonheim maples with rune hatchet and Ring of Kinship at 99 woodcutting, time elapsed between start of inventory and start of next inventory:

1. 5:17

2. 4:44

3. 3:51

4. 4:09

5. 4:39

6. 4:39

7. 5:27

Total: 32:48

Average: 358.5 logs/hr, 35,850 xp/hr, 20,434 gp/hr

Yeah, horrible for training. Don't chop them. Ever.

From my experience, that is a pretty decent exp rate. Yews get somewhere around 30k on a good day and willows get upwards of 40k. Those may not be accurate as far as "best posible rates" but that's my averages that I calculated from the last few levels I got (all in F2P).

So yeah, they're not the best, but I wouldn't say don't cut them ever. It's just another mediocre spot where you can be in a secluded spot and cut semi-privately.

From my experience, that is a pretty decent exp rate. Yews get somewhere around 30k on a good day and willows get upwards of 40k. Those may not be accurate as far as "best posible rates" but that's my averages that I calculated from the last few levels I got (all in F2P).

So yeah, they're not the best, but I wouldn't say don't cut them ever. It's just another mediocre spot where you can be in a secluded spot and cut semi-privately.

They're slower xp than the willows that are right next to them, and you get no profit. Why would you chop them? You might as well chop down normal trees, it'd be better cash.

Does nobody woodcut and firemake at the same time any more? :mellow:

A lot of people do that in w113.

But I prefer banking my logs so I can firemake/fletch them later.

That being said, maples aren't that bad. Although it does take slightly longer than willows to complete an inventory (not surprised there as maples are a higher log), it's still decent enough for me to get a good log banking rate.

Yews on the other hand...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

...Are actually about the same xp/hr as maples. :geek:

Which are pretty much crowded in most spots.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

maples aren't good for cutting xp, or money. They will, however, be good for firemaking xp, as that is what people use them for. I almost said now f2p can fletch their own maple bows....but no fletching. Congratz f2p people a win for you!

Still don't understand why people get maples from MTK and then sell them, fish and coal are way better. Trees are like russian roulette, you get a good seed, or you get an acorn seed.

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

maples aren't good for cutting xp, or money. They will, however, be good for firemaking xp, as that is what people use them for. I almost said now f2p can fletch their own maple bows....but no fletching. Congratz f2p people a win for you!

Still don't understand why people get maples from MTK and then sell them, fish and coal are way better. Trees are like russian roulette, you get a good seed, or you get an acorn seed.

F2P has had access to maples for firemaking since forever, so nothing's really changed there. All that's changed is you can chop the trees now, but since doing so is so slow, the firemaking experience ends up being worse than willows. Besides, the whole point of burning maples is that they're obscenely inexpensive and you can just buy them.

Fish have dropped in price a lot. Herbs are by far the best profit from Miscellania; fish used to be the second-best until the certer was added on Karamja and prices started to plummet. Over time the average expected value of a bird's nest is actually reasonably decent, particularly after long enough periods of time for the fractional nests to accumulate into full nests. It's certainly better than teaks/mahoganies. Also, MTK is an easy way to get god eggs and spirit seeds.

I think what we're missing is that it doesn't matter if cutting maples isn't a good option or not. The fact remains that people WILL go out and cut them, regardless. It's the same reason why people fish sharks and why some members used to cut maples (before ivy), because they can.