is dungeoneering really a difficult 99?

vox1st

No it's not. I can say from experience it's one of the easier 99s in RuneScape the xp comes in a big block not gradually it's like cashing in penguins every 40 minutes

That's an illusion. It's still only around 45k an hour exp. Granted, that is higher than you can get with slayer or runecrafting, but nevertheless, it's not fast exp. It just seems fast.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not. I can say from experience it's one of the easier 99s in RuneScape the xp comes in a big block not gradually it's like cashing in penguins every 40 minutes

So using 5 hours, and disconnecting througout the hours and losing all progress is easy? You may say "Well that's your connection's fault", i will say "No, it's way Dungeoneering is made up - exp until you finish the floors".

Dungeoneering is currently a very hard skill because of it's flaws:

1) Disconnection problem (I disconnected and sent out of a floor even with new "counter-disconnection")

2) Experience for soloers

3) Other flaws

So using 5 hours, and disconnecting througout the hours and losing all progress is easy? Cool...

You may say "Well that's your connection's fault", i will say "No, it's way Dungeoneering is made up - exp until you finish the floors".

Jagex doesn't make content for the minority of players who have unstable internet connections. They already updated it so that you can take a 10 minute break if you are soloing (Dungeoneering 1.5).

You're crying about an online game having content that requires a constant internet connection. What a joke.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that you can get power levelled in dung? Where you still get exp for doing nothing? If this is true, people will just start up power leveling services, like 1m exp for 15m junk trades... If this is so, i think it is a good thing. On the RPG Shaiya, and a lot of others, you can join a party and get power leveled by your party members. You literally just leave your account overnight and gain a tonne of experience.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

So using 5 hours, and disconnecting througout the hours and losing all progress is easy? Cool...

You may say "Well that's your connection's fault", i will say "No, it's way Dungeoneering is made up - exp until you finish the floors".

Jagex doesn't make content for the minority of players who have unstable internet connections. They already updated it so that you can take a 10 minute break if you are soloing (Dungeoneering 1.5).

You're crying about an online game having content that requires a constant internet connection. What a joke.

Your the joke - i am just telling why i find the skill very hard. And since Jagex haven't taken into consideration that many players tend to have bad connections, then they fail at their content. All other skills except Dungeoneering is endurable with disconnections.

When I first tried Dungeoneering, it reminded me of the Zelda games that I've played over the years.

Of course, there are major differences, but it has that feel- Keys unlock doors, traps throughout, and a boss at the end of the level. I cannot wait til batch two.

*Goes to the bottom of Daemonheim*

Bilrach: Sorry, your princess is in another Dungeon.

Me: Dude. Wrong Game.

Jagex: *Snicker*

Me: Oh [Cabbage]! #-o

[hide=]

Honestly, I started dungeoning before I even looked at the reward list. I kept at it because I thoroughly enjoyed it. So yeah, 99 dungeoneering would be an easy 99 for me. Would it take a fairly long time? Yeah, but it'd be quite enjoyable for me, even though I mostly solo.

More than likely, my skill levels make it far more enjoyable. I can see myself nearly pulling my hair out in frustration if I kept hitting skill doors I couldn't unlock due to lower skills... the few I get now already irritate me, lol.

The only thing that annoys me with dungeoning is the... I dunno, lack of variety in bosses? We have a fair number already, sure. But I don't really enjoy getting the same boss 2-3 times in a row. And then there's Stomp... *shudders* Very minor complaint, though.

I really do enjoy the fact they make you think more about combat in here, though. If you stick to one combat style, you're more or less screwed. Myself going melee and carrying runes to blast apart warriors and the like usually works, though. Not to mention the fact the ai of the critters is somewhat intelligent enough to work around your attempts to safespot, though - either by moonwalking backwards to make you run out, or by going unaggro, and wandering around whatever you're using to safespot and then attacking again. It makes you a bit more alert, to say the least.

I am, however, looking forward to getting a chaotic weapon - rapier or longsword, still haven't decided. I don't/can't boss hunt on dialup, so my only real concern is slayer, so... regardless, that's where my tokens are probably going.

[/hide]

Link, we should Duo together after I get 99 Slayer. I know I don't have mine high enough as yours, but I don't mind waiting for you if you dc'd. <3:

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

Your the joke - i am just telling why i find the skill very hard. And since Jagex haven't taken into consideration that many players tend to have bad connections, then they fail at their content. All other skills except Dungeoneering is endurable with disconnections.

Lmao "Your the joke". Awesome comeback. Worthy of a Runescape kid.

If you have a bad ISP then stop playing MMORPG's. You're lucky that Runescape is a meaningless point-and-click grind because you can get away with it. Jagex releases the only skill that requires you to actually play and you cry about it.

Lmao "Your the joke". Awesome comeback. Worthy of a Runescape kid.

If you have a bad ISP then stop playing MMORPG's. You're lucky that Runescape is a meaningless point-and-click grind because you can get away with it. Jagex releases the only skill that requires you to actually play and you cry about it.

You can just go [bleep] yourself. I've stopped playing. It's clear that many people no life Dungeoneering, get the great rewards and then proclaim the skill as easy. I did solo Dungeoneering for over a day and got around 30K-50K EXP. And that's supposed to be easy?

I did solo, don't tell me to do Team okey? And in this case it's not about connection, so again JAgex fails.

Very mature.

Jagex makes a ONLINE game, you have a crappy internet, and complain. Go find another MMORPG where you can dc every 10 mins and be fine. I'm sorry but runescape might not be the game for you. Dungeoneering is easy enough, 50-60k exp/hr with a good team INCLUDING finding a team, and it's actually fun, not like [bleep]ing mining or fletching or all those other skills. There is a reason there aren't dungeoneering bots.

Very mature.

Jagex makes a ONLINE game, you have a crappy internet, and complain. Go find another MMORPG where you can dc every 10 mins and be fine. I'm sorry but runescape might not be the game for you. Dungeoneering is easy enough, 50-60k exp/hr with a good team INCLUDING finding a team, and it's actually fun, not like [bleep]ing mining or fletching or all those other skills. There is a reason there aren't dungeoneering bots.

Dont bother, SirHemen is obviously either developmentally challenged or an immature teenager that doesn't understand the simple fact that online games require a constant internet connection.

1) After the update i didn't disconnect every 10 min. A small disconnection happened, and i was sent out of floor.

2) I have found a better game to spend my time on.

3) Have you thought maybe that not everyone prefers to do team Dungeoneering? Soloers don't get same exp per hour as those who team.

at current rates with the current annoying ness of 117 yes.....lol

but with a perm team no and when the prestige goes up to 49 at 97 they will be getting decen rates for the critical point of 99

the skill doesnt seem to go at a decent pace for me unless im doing almost a full reset a day and its not boring but u need to have people that can do dgs in less than an hr at least...

preferably less than 45 mins >.>

the exp gain is very variable and impossible without a good team

StarViv.png

Very mature.

Dont bother, SirHemen is obviously either developmentally challenged or an immature teenager that doesn't understand the simple fact that online games require a constant internet connection.

Lol... :rolleyes:

He's saying he finds the skill hard b/c he dc's all the time, what's wrong with that? The OP does ask for an opinion.

And if he bashed Jagex, you started the flaming first and now you come back and call people mentally challanged? ROFL, i don't know about you, but that's pretty sad tbh.

OT: with my laptop dieing, I'm glad I got to 70 before getting constant lag on w117. Might have to try out soloing once I get around to it. On that note, Dg surely isn't easy, there's different puzzles, bosses, etc. But once you get used to it, it's just like any other skill.

Staurolite.png

He's saying he finds the skill hard b/c he dc's all the time, what's wrong with that? The OP does ask for an opinion.

Except he's blaming Jagex....

"I did solo, don't tell me to do Team okey? And in this case it's not about connection, so again JAgex fails."

Protip: Next time you hop on someone's nuts to protect them, make sure you read the whole argument.

And if he bashed Jagex, you started the flaming first and now you come back and call people mentally challanged? ROFL, i don't know about you, but that's pretty sad tbh.

I fail to see how me flaming him negates his misplaced hatred for Jagex.

Honestly, I have zero clue about my own xp rate. I know I'm capable of completing medium maps in about... 45-50 minutes, but I'm taking my time, fishing stuff, making armor, etc. If I took that out, it'd be a lot faster.

And I may be on dialup, but it tends to be fairly reliable - in the past few months, it's been dc'ing me and forcing me to restart the computer after the internet's been on for 4 hours or more (sometimes it lasts upwards of 10 hours if I actually have time to be on that long without having to attend to something else). I generally avoided dc'ing from a dungeon before the solo dungeon fix by restarting my comp first, then dungeoning for a bit :P Now though, even if I do dc, I can restart and get back on before my dungeon expires.

Honestly, I should probably try to push myself and see how my xp/hr rates stack up with other people. I know I won't be as fast due to my connection, but I'm still somewhat curious.

And Echo, if you ever wanna dungeon, just send me a pm, alright? If I'm on, I'll probably willingly dungeon :P

Nowadays though, when I dungeon, I usually duo with my skiller friend or I just go solo, as before. Don't really care if having a skiller friend duo with me damages my xp/hr rate, all that matters to me is having fun.

Link_Olaran.png

I think it really depends.

Unlike, say, cooking/runecrafting/whatever. Which gets fairly static XP, dungeoneering is very dependant on.

-How easily you can find a team.

-How good you are.

-What combat level you are.

-If your teammates leave.

-If your in a good team.

Etc etc.

For me, dungeoneerings one of the slowest skills, simply because finding a decent party is hard, then you have to make sure they dont leave, slack off, suck, etc.

For others who do rushes and all that, im sure they get epic XP.

O.O

I think it really depends.

Unlike, say, cooking/runecrafting/whatever. Which gets fairly static XP, dungeoneering is very dependant on.

-How easily you can find a team.

-How good you are.

-What combat level you are.

-If your teammates leave.

-If your in a good team.

Etc etc.

For me, dungeoneerings one of the slowest skills, simply because finding a decent party is hard, then you have to make sure they dont leave, slack off, suck, etc.

For others who do rushes and all that, im sure they get epic XP.

true

party where everyone dies and ragequits 18mins in --- like 0 exp/hr

party that takes 90 mins and 3 deaths cuz noone helps... 20k/hr..

party that takes 1hr....45k/hr

party that takes 30 mins ....90k/hr

batch 2 will split up the level groups more so 90+ wiill party with other 90+

but still thiers 90+ that are noob lol

StarViv.png

Factoring in the difficulty of actually getting a good partner or team, yes, Dungeoneering is one of the hardest 99s (or indeed 120s) in the game. On the other hand, if you've got a great reliable team/clan, it's leaning towards the easier skills, although it's no Cooking or Fletching.

Dung is a great skill because there's so much variety, but I REALLY want Batch 2 to come!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Lets say hypothetically, that as of batch 1, you can get 40k xp/hour with w117 teams and 80k xp/hour with pro clan.

and lets assume that the change in the xp rate of dungeoneering per prestige slows down (at a rate proportional to 1/x) eventually to doubling every 21 floors (3 times slower than the XP curve)

and we know the xp from floor 2 is about 2.7x the xp from floor 1.

so if batch 2 comes out, and all above information is considered, the calculation comes out to:

200 hours for 1-120 with a pro clan

400 hours for 1-120 with a w117 team

80-160 hours for 1-99 depending on team quality.

Consider this:

fishing with rocktails would take about 300 hours to 99

mining @ living for gold would take about 240 hours to 99

RCing double nats would take about 450 hours to 99

Cooking with wines would take about 45 hours to 99

I hope that puts some perspective on things.

Naaxi.png

i think thats not quite realistic, 200h for 1-120.....however thats definately accurate for about 100-120 with a pro team, then factor in that the initial 1-100 took you about 100h assuming you took about 20h for 1-69, 20h for 69-80, 60h for 80-100 @200k/h assuming your prestige 40-50 after batch 2

id say 300h at fastest for 120 after batch 2

and maybe another 80-100h for 200m xp

a_final_name.png

Except he's blaming Jagex....

"I did solo, don't tell me to do Team okey? And in this case it's not about connection, so again JAgex fails."

Protip: Next time you hop on someone's nuts to protect them, make sure you read the whole argument.

I fail to see how me flaming him negates his misplaced hatred for Jagex.

It's critic, it would be constructive critism if Jagex bothered to listen. Runescape has variety in skills, yet Dungeoneering skill can only be done well for groups and not solo players. And yeah Jagex fails in this part, what do you not get? Surely you can't be that slow...

And you are right about me having hatred towards Jagex, but i stopped playing Runescape now...so i am just giving my view of how the game is.

Its also good in respect to you train multiple other skills by Dungeoneering like WC and Smithing. Plus every time you go through, there is usually something new and its not too repetitive [in some aspects].

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

No, its easy and going to get a whole lot easier real soon.

Only 3 months and already like 500 99s given out with a few nutjobs at 50mil+.

I'd put it just behind slayer for now and when it speeds up I'll put it next to thieving.

Kinda reptitive though and you can't afk/zone out like slayer.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol