Cave Horrors or Barrows

Vulxai

Just to note, I do know these are both somewhat luck based, however, humor me for this topic's purposes.

With my stats (which are below), which method would make more money, Killing Cave Horrors, or doing Barrows Runs?

Cave Horror Set-up

Helm of Neitiznot

Witch-somethingorother Icon

Black D'hide Top

Black D'hide Bottom

Dragon Boots

Untrimmed Cape

Abby Whip

Barrows Gloves

Warrior Ring

Spirit T-bird summoned (filled with monks)

Enhanced Excalibur

Monkfish (undetermined amount)

50 fires

Bullseye Lantern

Barrows Set-up

Helm of Neitiznot

Amulet of Glory

Prossy Top

Prossy Bottom

Dragon Boots

Untrimmed Cape

Black Sally

Harralander Tar (right?)

Barrows Gloves

Warrior Ring

Spade

Guthan's Top

Verac's Skirt

Whip

Black D'hide Top

Black D'hide Bottom

Prayer Potion

Home tele (Kharryl Tele in house)

Monkfish

Please let me know if I'm missing something from my set-ups, or you can make any significant changes (I'm not that rich to begin with). Thanks for any and all replies!

EDIT: I'm looking to make about 40-50m, and yes, I know it won't come quick.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Of the 2 I personally prefer Cave Horrors, but I think Barrows would be the faster route to the money goal you have.

I am not really experienced at Barrows, par say, less than 100 trips for sure. The runes and such do add up though, so even if you didn't get an item after a few dry trips you'd still have something to show for your efforts.

Looking at the Cave Horror drop list, I suppose the pricey logs may add up and the herb seeds won't hurt. Again, I think Barrows would still be faster since "big" item(s) there are much more expensive than a the black mask. (Unless I am missing something here?)

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Masks are somewhere around 2m, most barrows pieces are around 500k. With the most expensive ones at around 4-5m.

IMO. I think you'll be better off with barrows because of more frequent drops.

I also have a vendetta against horrors because ive never gotten a mask and i LOVE barrows.

So take that with a grain of salt.

wisky_is_goo.png

Would the ancients method be more lucrative than the one I'm using? I've used it since I was a lower level, so that's why it's not high end. Note, I don't have GS or Bandos or anything, and can't afford it. I do have ancients (I use it during CW for some fun).

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Barrows should be faster if you're efficient. Use guthan's and do like five chests a run. Personally, I prefer to tank hits, since each barrage is 2.something k and at that point you may as well just use pray pots. Of course, praying everything is pretty efficient too, even with the drain rate and the cost.

Disclaimer: The above is probably inaccurate.

the_zephyrus.png

Barrows should be faster if you're efficient. Use guthan's and do like five chests a run. Personally, I prefer to tank hits, since each barrage is 2.something k and at that point you may as well just use pray pots. Of course, praying everything is pretty efficient too, even with the drain rate and the cost.

I don't have access to barrage yet anyways.

Kind of a hijack here, but how do you do more than one chest a run? I have tried it before, and am always left running around the tunnels trying to find the way out. Is there a simple way out, or do you just have to find the rope again?

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

Kind of a hijack here, but how do you do more than one chest a run? I have tried it before, and am always left running around the tunnels trying to find the way out. Is there a simple way out, or do you just have to find the rope again?

You have to find the rope again, but if you take too long, the path will be blocked. That happened to me once.

With your stats you can survive at horrors with just a bunyip, no need for food. It's alot faster to bank drops as well and can be afked more, only downside is the monsters are spaced out.

Why don't you do a mixture, 50mil is alot of money so you may get bored doing one method...

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

The Gp/H is about even right now, but I would be wary of Black masks. They were being used as junk a while back due to a merch. Now they are getting merched again by the top of the pyramid to get rid of their junk. I would be super careful. They can very easily turn into unsellables, and crash to under 1m, which happened shortly before Smokin Mils started.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I don't have access to barrage yet anyways.

I was just giving my usual rant against the ancients+salamander crowd. My salamander does fine on its own, thanks.

You have to find the rope again, but if you take too long, the path will be blocked. That happened to me once.

Pretty sure this can't happen. May have just been an odd configuration and confusion.

I heard horrors were 500-600k/hr including masks at 1.6 or something.

Barrows can hit 1m+/hr with fast kills and good running.

Disclaimer: The above is probably inaccurate.

the_zephyrus.png

Barrows is probably your best bet, unless you are me. I was well over a 100 run dry-streak before i took my "leave" of 3 years. I never get good drops :S Anyways, cave horrors may be a short-term good idea due to the fact that black masks are being merched. If you manage to get a bunch of them and held on to them until they get dumped, you could walk away with millions more than you could have. Smokin Mills tends to get rises of like 200%, so what could be 1m becomes 2m. Masks start at 2m now, so they could end up at 4m each. If you can get 10 masks and wait for a big rise, you could be set. Good luck :)

I personally rc for cash. So far, so good.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png