Following!

Undo

For years players have always hated when another player follows them for a variety of reasons. I for one, am one of those players - For a variety of different reasons. <_<

When is Jagex gunna' do something about this!? :blink:

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never.

:/?

What, do you want them to put in some kind of stalker code? "You have been following X around for too long, you now have a restraining order". What harm does it do? Seriously... There are plenty of things for you to do to get rid of them. Tele, log out, go up stairs, the list is almost endless.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

What, do you want them to put in some kind of stalker code? "You have been following X around for too long, you now have a restraining order". What harm does it do? Seriously... There are plenty of things for you to do to get rid of them. Tele, log out, go up stairs, the list is almost endless.

An enable/disable 'Follow' works too... <_<

That's one of the dumbest things I've heard. Following DOESN'T HURT ANYTHING. It's not like real life if someone follows you for a long time, if that happens you have something to worry about, but if someone follows you on a game, what's it gunna do? Stress you out?

[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Solutions to this nonissue:

Teleporting

Going somewhere that needs a quest, they might not have done it

Using an agility shortcut they can't

Going into a building and running around up and down stairs

Go about your business and let them waste time

Bring them to aggressive monsters

LOGGING OUT.

This is the kind of topic I expect from the RSOF, not from Tip It. *facedesk*

PM me for fitocracy invite

Perhaps if someone is on your ignore list, they shouldn't be able to see what you say, trade, follow or request an assist from you as well as the original function of not viewing what the blocked user says. That would be a good solution as one can just add such a player to their ignore list, therefore solving a huge variety of problems.

That's actually a really good idea.

[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png

grammar2gr8dx.png

Perhaps if someone is on your ignore list, they shouldn't be able to see what you say, trade, follow or request an assist from you as well as the original function of not viewing what the blocked user says. That would be a good solution as one can just add such a player to their ignore list, therefore solving a huge variety of problems.

Someone get this man something with bacon on it, he deserves it.

I would also like to see turning off trade remove the "trade" option from other people, much like "assist"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I like.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Never... There's no harm, just ignore them or tele. I can't actually think of an instance when someone has randomly followed me. Ever.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

No offence, srsly. No disrespect, no one gives a crap about Jagex's channel =\

Sometimes when people follow me i get so mad that i log out and switch worlds omfg. but then im not mad anymore so i get mad that i am not mad.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I often wear obscure outfits and follow people endlessly, without saying a word, just for lulz. People always rage, and will often go out of their way just to lure you to some vicious monster/try to lose you by going up and down stairs.

If Jagex ever removed following, i would end them.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

I like.

I thought that already happened lol. Maybe because i ignore somebody, then go to a different world.

But, let me (not) be the first to say that the OP has identified a nuisance. Not a problem, just a nuisance. Like how mining and firemaking isn't afkable. That kind of nuisance.

All you have to do to make them go away is take them to deep wildy or all the myrad of other reasons people specified.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

Never... There's no harm, just ignore them or tele. I can't actually think of an instance when someone has randomly followed me. Ever.

Your not a girl who puts pictures of her with her chest sticking out on a major rs fansite.

I would say its most likely brought on herself.

Can't do that in game. If she'd stop wearing her white phat... or at least trade to me for red... they'll follow her less.

That's one of the dumbest things I've heard. Following DOESN'T HURT ANYTHING. It's not like real life if someone follows you for a long time, if that happens you have something to worry about, but if someone follows you on a game, what's it gunna do? Stress you out?

It might not anyone but damn, it's annoying as **** when someone follows you for [way too long] minutes without saying anything at all and/or asks stupid questions. :angry:

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Don't flaunt expensive gear, don't draw attention to yourself, and if it fails, teleport. Ignore nuisance. 100% flawless plan.

TELEPORT? You want me to teleport because someone doesn't understand "Could you please leave me alone?" :x

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.