Macroing & Bots :'(

Undo

It doesn't take a genius to realise what harm these bots are doing to the economy and Runescape as a whole. I'm sure everyone has gotten fed up with training at some point, wishing that they *could* just get a bot - but most people don't because they realise that it's wrong. If you bot, it's not your achievement - it's the achievement of some programmer who made the bot. Those high levels are worth nothing, if you bot.

At the end of the day it's still just a game. If you're looking for a real achievement, do it in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyHRm9UQHcY

Reminds me of someone on this forum

lol gf

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bots for thatexist already:

-they use complexity 1 so no puzzles are present

-they solo the dungeons (on med) so no interaction with others is present.

However it should be said at the moment they aren't quite efficient and not suitable for the professional market. (They earn around 2-5k xp an hour).

You can't do solo medium dungeons on C1.

Ah this thread again. Oh look who OP is, that user again too. <_<

You're late.

Been intentionally avoiding this thread, i stumbled on it though and that spurred my reply

So you decide to make a spam post on a thread that has had people discussing on it for weeks?

:thumbdown:

ah cause the wanna be mod post was so much better? :rolleyes:

But yes I thought my disdain for the OP and the topic was worthy of being written unlike a post that is emulating a mod which has no place anywhere :thumbup:

If I was a wannabe mod, I wouldn't have posted it at all, since it's technically spam. I still fail to see how pointing out your dislike for the poster is worth posting over me pointing out how unnecessary it is for you to do so. :thumbup:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Sorry to bump this, but, no. Not unless they hire a Chinese guy in a sweatshop to type them for the bot.

Sure there are, you think they are 100% fullproof?

Worst case scenario is someone finds algorithms that are old and outdated and has a only 30% success rate. But 30% success rate while given a infinite amount of times to refresh the captcha until your algorithm reaches a point where it feels confident?

Sure, a captcha system would reduce bots, but it sure wouldn't eliminate them. Worst case for the people botting would be having to set up IRC channels where people "bank" answers. I solve 30 captchas for you, 30 random people solve 30 captchas for me. Hell, it would even be possible to text message or email a image of it to your phone.

A captcha is a RANDOMLY generated string, manipulated automatically and randomly. There is no set algorithm.

It is, however, possible to detect the characters (dependent on how distorted they are). With any decent captcha, it is extremely hard to do so with a program.

From my form-filling botting days i know of a site called decaptcha, they provide a captcha service for around $0.08 IIRC.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

[hide]

Ah this thread again. Oh look who OP is, that user again too. <_<

You're late.

Been intentionally avoiding this thread, i stumbled on it though and that spurred my reply

So you decide to make a spam post on a thread that has had people discussing on it for weeks?

:thumbdown:

ah cause the wanna be mod post was so much better? :rolleyes:

But yes I thought my disdain for the OP and the topic was worthy of being written unlike a post that is emulating a mod which has no place anywhere :thumbup:

If I was a wannabe mod, I wouldn't have posted it at all, since it's technically spam. I still fail to see how pointing out your dislike for the poster is worth posting over me pointing out how unnecessary it is for you to do so. :thumbup:

Your not a mod its not your job therefor it is spam.

However i dont think it would be considered spam to say that this topic is too overplayed. Theres several of these bot topics on this forum and also another one on the rants forum (and im sure even more on help and advice and otherwise)

Thats my point if you still think its spam i guess i cant argue anymore but hopefully this will shed some light on my logic

[/hide]

I was talking about my post being spam :rolleyes:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I don't think there will come dung bots because it's too complicated

However it should be said at the moment they aren't quite efficient and not suitable for the professional market. (They earn around 2-5k xp an hour).

You're serious?!

Lol, 4K an hour is +- what I achieve in F2p on dung lvl 35, so it isn't even that really bad...

Well I must admit then they are better in scripting as I expected.

How do the bots handle the endbosses?

Even I have trouble with some while I'm a normal player with cb 102 (def 70) and I see peoples around me with cb 120+ who die even more as I do doïng the same boss...

*floor 17/35, not 35/lvl 70 ;)

Bots can be referred to making clothes and other products really cheap in the 3rd world's sweat shops. When you actually see them, you're like "omg that's horrible, I never buy those kind of clothes again!)

After a few weeks you really don't remember the whole thing, and you really don't know where all the products you buy come from. You don't realize the effect of bots until the ge prices soar. (Same would happen to many products IRL if all the underpaid labor and exploitation would be stopped today.)

Many herbloring 2nds are collected by bots, some ores are mined by bots, many logs are cut by bots. I just can't believe that all of these items come from people and slayer drops (most of the people who do these "not so effective" training methods don't do them enough to support a high demand. Some things end up being built on a very shady foundation, and removing these shady foundations can have devastating results on the things built up on it (like a huge jump in raw material prices.)

I don't think there will come dung bots because it's too complicated

You're serious?!

Lol, 4K an hour is +- what I achieve in F2p on dung lvl 35, so it isn't even that really bad...

Well I must admit then they are better in scripting as I expected.

How do the bots handle the endbosses?

Even I have trouble with some while I'm a normal player with cb 102 (def 70) and I see peoples around me with cb 120+ who die even more as I do doïng the same boss...

*floor 17/35, not 35/lvl 70 ;)

There are no dung bots out there that can finish a floor yet.

They're everywhere and they're SOOOOO annoying!):

What are some good methods I could use to slow them down? Because obviously, reporting them doesn't do anything. :/

break their keyboard, damage their mouse, cut their electricity, burn their house, bomb their area...

what's more ?

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

It doesn't take a genius to realise what harm these bots are doing to the economy and Runescape as a whole. I'm sure everyone has gotten fed up with training at some point, wishing that they *could* just get a bot - but most people don't because they realise that it's wrong. If you bot, it's not your achievement - it's the achievement of some programmer who made the bot. Those high levels are worth nothing, if you bot.

At the end of the day it's still just a game. If you're looking for a real achievement, do it in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyHRm9UQHcY

Reminds me of someone on this forum

lol gf

Omg! I remember that name!

Wow.

It's sad some people spend so much time getting their Account to a point where they think noone would ever expect them to be botting only to find a message in their inbox weeks down the road showing how obvious it was they were.

That's gotta' be a major kick in the nuts.

Ah well, they ruin my game, so I could care less!

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."