Macroing & Bots :'(

Undo

I guess we'll see even more bots in the near future because a famous youtube with over 56K subs (Not going to name him. o: ) indirectly has encouraged a lot of people to use bots by telling them how hard it is for Jagex to detect them and how 'good' they are. Oh well. :|

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we've already established multiple times that bots were beneficial to RS. Stop hating :thumbdown:

When is tip.it going to take action against these cheaters? Anyone advertising illegal behavior should not be allowed to use these forums, imho.

I'm not advertising, I'm stating an opinion. When is tip.it going to take action against these kids that go around pointing fingers?

I thought we've already established multiple times that bots were beneficial to RS. Stop hating :thumbdown:

GTFO. Seriously, go.

Troll. Oh, I remember now, you're that guy that claims bots are illegal. Cookie?

When is tip.it going to take action against these cheaters? Anyone advertising illegal behavior should not be allowed to use these forums, imho.

Except, this person is not advertising illegal behavior... :wall:

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

Troll. Oh, I remember now, you're that guy that claims bots are illegal. Cookie?

umm...bots are illegal, you do realize this, don't you?

Against Jagex's rules=/= illegal.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

@OP you can drop a nature rune in the room by the green dragons and the bots will run to the wall. I recommend writing a bot do drop one exactly every 1 minute, because it is impossible for a human to do this 24/7.

Technically breach of contract, but it definitely won't get you any time.

GTFO. Seriously, go.

They are beneficial to me and that is all I care about. :thumbup:

Edited by Danqazmlp
Pic removed

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Bots keep the economy stable, although in a different way than the real world. Honestly, if all the bots got banned, raw material prices would shoot up. Production skills would be invaluable, and make the Runescape economy "normal." Unfortunately, for every legit fisher who fishes 10 hours a day, there are 100 more people who want to buy the food.

Gf economy even more

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Bots keep the economy stable, although in a different way than the real world. Honestly, if all the bots got banned, raw material prices would shoot up. Production skills would be invaluable, and make the Runescape economy "normal." Unfortunately, for every legit fisher who fishes 10 hours a day, there are 100 more people who want to buy the food.

Gf economy even more

The economy was stable before bots appeared, at least back in 2005 to early 2007 time. During that time, I only seen bots in mining guild here and there and it was easier to report them. I seen tons of people fishing and trading all the time at their respective places back in the days. I assume there is a delay when the trade done through players and merchant at trading world (which GE is almost instantaneous), so that kind of serve as a buffer to fishermen obtaining the fish. When the bots came, they totally messed up mean prices, forcing real hard working people to compete with them both in spot and drop in price (or they just stop all together and move on something else more profitable). If the bots leaves, the price will shoot up for a while and normalize to a point again. Or we could simply limit the amount of items per player traded in one day to allow that buffer to kick. Except many players would whine.

Bottom line: Thanks to the updates, game got easier to train, people got used to the conveniences, when it was removed or changed, most of them complain.

a happy Runescaper

@OP you can drop a nature rune in the room by the green dragons and the bots will run to the wall. I recommend writing a bot do drop one exactly every 1 minute, because it is impossible for a human to do this 24/7.

Technically breach of contract, but it definitely won't get you any time.

Would be funny if Jagex actually did that. Anti-botting bots :-)

And I'm seriously getting sick of these internet-meme pics -.-

You could send a packet flood to the game server which would slow their connection down. This would also get you the FBI on your doorstep.

+1

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

The vibe I'm getting form Tip.It these days is that I would be more valuable to the economy by botting my levels and cash...

What they fail to mention is that while I would bot the so-called "boring skills", I would have more time to do the fun stuff, such as Pking and MHing...

What they also fail to mention is that I would find myself with more cash than I would deserve, so I would not feel too bad to pour a couple hundred millions in very high endgame gear...

So I would be competing for boss or pking with an unfair advantage.

So tip.it, answer me this: would I be good for the economy and the balance of the gameplay if I started botting?

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I don't think bots are good for the economy. I just accept them as it is because you cannot stop it.

Call me apathetic, but the only solution is to make the game complex enough to be unbottable, and face it, Runescape is never going to be that.

seeing as i am a botter i can tell you that colors will not mess it up seeing as it has ID numbers for every item in rs and it clicks on an item dependent on its ID. And to those of you who think the banning of the site was a major blow your completely wrong. Jagex has taken the domain name rsbots.orgs from them because it has rs in it. They just moved the site to a different name so its still in full power just under a different name now so jagex cant do anything.

Im going to be honest and say that besides combat bots that will pick stuff up like the nature rune trick there is not much you can do besides reporting. The bots are probably even more human like than you are (i know right).

I just decided to post for the hell of it, im not trying to be a [bleep] to anyone.

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

All I can think of, is some sort of huge bot hunting clan, organisation, squad, call it what you like. That is supported by jagex and given authority to ban and disconect bots and see a log of all activities on a player's account.

I don't mean player mods, They would be only for bots. I know it's extreme, but if you look at the power and intelligence of bots, such as robotz in disguise, nobody using that bot has ever been banned, Jagex need to step this up, before it's too late.

Support? If I get enough people supporting, I'll leave a comment suggesting this on Jagex's youtube channel, they always read that.

I'll sooner support giving the DEA the right to execute civilians and then search my house for evidence that I am a crack lord.

All I can think of, is some sort of huge bot hunting clan, organisation, squad, call it what you like. That is supported by jagex and given authority to ban and disconect bots and see a log of all activities on a player's account.

I don't mean player mods, They would be only for bots. I know it's extreme, but if you look at the power and intelligence of bots, such as robotz in disguise, nobody using that bot has ever been banned, Jagex need to step this up, before it's too late.

Support? If I get enough people supporting, I'll leave a comment suggesting this on Jagex's youtube channel, they always read that.

I'll sooner support giving the DEA the right to execute civilians and then search my house for evidence that I am a crack lord.

... It's ingame.... and to remove bots...

Just like in real life different people have different views on what they would like authorities to know and not to know.

However, I do think Jagex should set up a covert team who have the ability to insta-ban bots and then have a few people to review those banning.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Just like in real life different people have different views on what they would like authorities to know and not to know.

However, I do think Jagex should set up a covert team who have the ability to insta-ban bots and then have a few people to review those banning.

They already have a team like that, it's called the Investigations Into The Community team, although they don't walk around Runescape looking for people to insta-ban, they work on bot- detection tech and special cases that require attention.

They were much more relevant when bots were costing Jagex money... Bots aren't a big issue anymore for obvious reasons.

I suppose stuff like chat logs, and pm messages should be excluded, but they should be able to know if that player has been cutting down the same yew trees for a year without logging off and the locations they have recently visited ingame.

They do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

na...j mods can do that but p mods not even if it were secret dont have that...we'd know. Botters are alot more secretive than you think. We have spies.

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

na...j mods can do that but p mods not even if it were secret dont have that...we'd know. Botters are alot more secretive than you think. We have spies.

LOL you don't need to have spies to realize that Jagex would never let players have the power to ban people.

LOL you don't need to have spies to realize that Jagex would never let players have the power to ban people.

not that part idiot....

freakyyq8.png

not that part idiot....

Great response 12 year old, go back to botting and leave the intelligent discussion for those with triple digit IQ's.

Illegal does not have to do be related to the law..

From dictionary.com:

il·le·gal

–adjective

1. forbidden by law or statute.

2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.: The referee ruled that it was an illegal forward pass.

By signing up to play Runescape, you agreed to follow the official rules that Jagex created. Therefore, in the game of Runescape, botting is illegal. I can quote the rule for you too, if you want.

Blakdragon39.png