02-Aug-10 Behind the Scenes August

Toad

Our first game update this month is the next part of our Void Knight quest series, A Void Dance. Youll team up with Korasi again to track a strange creature across the world, find out why certain people have been acting strangely, and discover some of the truth behind the events of Quiet before the Swarm. On the way youll solve some tricky puzzles, such as keeping an alchemical experiment from exploding in your face, navigating a maze of beer, and infiltrating the stronghold of one of the Void Knights enemies. This is an experienced quest with requirements of around level 50 in several different skills.

We also have another MASSIVE update for Dungeoneering scheduled this month. Stretching all the way from floors 36 to 47 of the dungeons, the occult floors are home to some of the most vicious boss monsters found in the entirety of Daemonheim. There are 6 new bosses in total, including:

YkLagor the Thunderous! Originally one of the first bosses encountered on the occult floors, this demon has since been promoted to the final boss of the occult theme thanks to his dramatic introduction and challenging boss mechanic. Its easily one of the most impressive encounters yet.

If youre looking to spend your Dungeoneering tokens, we will be introducing eight new rewards, featuring the Ring of Vigour (a reduction to the cost of special attacks), the Eye of the Warrior, which reflects melee damage back to your opponent, and the Rigour prayer, which increases both your ranged damage and your Defence.

If XP is more your thing, the occult floors will give you the chance to increase your Dungeoneering XP gains. With the occult floors descending all the way to floor 47, youll be able to obtain 47 prestige instead of the 35 you are used to, meaning greater XP per hour.

Youll encounter several creatures that are new to Daemonheim, including undead necromancers, who will summon skeletal minions to impede your progress. You may survive these, but youll still have to navigate nine new and fiendish challenge rooms, where deadly herbs and tightrope walking awaits.

On the week of RuneFest, well be releasing a new activity on the Void Knight Island that gives you a unique method of earning Pest Control rewards. The Void Knights have devised an exercise to train their squires and knights in tactical thinking. Conquest will put you in command of a squad of Void Knights in a turn-based, player-vs-player, tactical war game. Choose the composition and formation of your army, unleash game-changing special abilities, and prove yourself one of RuneScapes finest tactical minds on its high score tables. Look out for events in game that week to celebrate the latest addition to our activity catalogue.

Please note Last months Treasure Trail updates, sadly rescheduled due to unrelated technical engine issues out of our control, will go live with the first August update.

In other news, we'll be offering you the ability to gain 10 additional bank spaces; you'll be able to obtain strange rocks when constructing furniture in the Build mode of your POH; and you'll hover over agility shortcuts on your world map to find out more about them. Have fun!

Mod_Mark

RuneScape Lead Designer

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want that Ring of Vigour <3: Looks like a great month. judging from the last part and the mod post on the rsof we will get 2 updates tomorrow? Awesome :thumbup:

Extra bank space will come in handy too, hada to clean up just yesterday.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

*sighs* I wanna be done with the damn skill... But the Ring of Vigour... Oh my god... Must have it. And the Range prayer... But I just spent this week getting the Chaotic Maul... Burned out... *dies*

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Little diversity IMO. We've just had a Dungeoneering update and two VK updates aren't merged just to avoid another no-update week and whining.

What does it not involve to call it batch 2?

Promised warped floors 48-60.

Ah, they're releasing the occult and warped floors seperately... good strategy I suppose. Release what you can =)

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

The ring of Vigour seems really useful. The Eye of the Warrior seems interesting, hopefully its worth it, last long and reflects more damage then the ring of recoil. Rigour seems like a nice prayer, not sure if it will be worth it.

vizardsig-1.png

^There are two new themes confirmed that take the floors up to 60. However, with this update we only get the Occult floors which go up to floor 47. So it seems they've split the one update into two.

Edit: beaten to it.

Sylpheed.png

Nice! I wonder what other dungeoneering rewards are coming out besides the ones mentioned (since they said there will be 8 new rewards). New chaotic item perhaps.

Sounds like an interesting month :)

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I do wonder how much of your special attack bar is preserved, because Ring of Vigour + spec restore + claws sounds OP. Even with 10% saved per spec you wouldn't have to wait long for a third spec.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I do wonder how much of your special attack bar is preserved, because Ring of Vigour + spec restore + claws sounds OP. Even with 10% saved per spec you wouldn't have to wait long for a third spec.

Obviously yet another well thought out update by Jagex

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

So from what I read, we are getting the treasure trail update AND the next void knight quest in the first week, together?

Also, new dungeoneering floors will be awesome so I can start getting into some dungeoneering again.

New activity sounds like a mobilising armies, but il wait and see what its like.

I never say no to extra bank spots, yes please. :^_^:

Can't say I agree, we'll have to wait for the update to be able to judge it, it was just idle speculation.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

icon_ohnoes.gif Dungeoneering Batch 1.75! I thought that they'd leave the new skill alone this month, considering how much development time it surely takes to make a whole new floor set. The new rewards sound very interesting too, I'm particularly interested in the Ring of Vigour. A lot of special weapons would get a huge increase of power even if their specials only cost 5% less.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Can't say I agree, we'll have to wait for the update to be able to judge it, it was just idle speculation.

For all we know, it could cost an insane amount of tokens. If its too powerfull, there's bound to be a drawback.

For all we know, it could cost an insane amount of tokens. If its too powerfull, there's bound to be a drawback.

I always forget about my specs so I won't buy it :P, I read it the same as you did too, 2 updates this week hopefully.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png